• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well, duh! I figured that. But, I don't get it. How exactly is this an April Fool's Joke? I'm not being fooled. I just see something that happened and I'm questioning why it did.
They've apparently reverted to the original layout of this site, as it existed way back in 2002 (when it was called Smash World Forums). We'll invariably revert to the previous interface at 12 AM PST (as that was the "update" time yesterday).

This isn't a very effective April Fools joke, as it makes the site harder to navigate and use in certain ways. :ohwell:

EDIT: Misread. Thought you didn't understand what was going on. But agreed, the purpose of this move is a bit mystifying, save perhaps to cash in on Oldschool Smashboards Nostalgia (which I, as a new user, don't posses).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Then I think it has fulfilled its purpose. :troll:

Don't worry, April 2 is coming closer as we type.
I wish it came sooner.

They've apparently reverted to the original layout of this site, as it existed way back in 2002 (when it was called Smash World Forums). We'll invariably revert to the previous interface at 12 AM PST (as that was the "update" time yesterday).

This isn't a very effective April Fools joke, as it makes the site harder to navigate and use in certain ways. :ohwell:

EDIT: Misread. Thought you didn't understand what was going on. But agreed, the purpose of this move is a bit mystifying, save perhaps to cash in on Oldschool Smashboards Nostalgia (which I, as a new user, don't posses).
Let me put it this way.
There's a reason why positive change is good.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh God...you and I...might live on the same planet!
I'm not sure though...
No. I hail from an Earth far different than yours. A world where all of you have been killed by evil forces. A world where cities burn.
A world where Tingle is in Super Smash Bros.

And the fully evolved Sehnsucht is our ruler.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, my class field trip gave me a friendly reminder the main reason why I hate smokers. Especially the ones the smoke in front of you for it to spread on your nose. -_-

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How the hell do people on facebook have the question

What is: 40 + 40 x 0 + 1 =

and get 81?

Even if you go out of the order of operations it shouldn't be possible

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If anyone tried to figure that question out and got 1

You're wrong.

Order of operations.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

and get 81?

I don't know. Maybe people don't really to do much math in their free time. But then again, the public school system has failed us before. I'm pretty sure that the answer is 41. Thought it was 1 at first though.

EDIT: Wouldn't you need to add parentheses? Eh, could be wrong.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know. Maybe people don't really to do much math in their free time. But then again, the public school system has failed us before. I'm pretty sure that the answer is 41. Thought it was 1 at first though.
I'm not exactly doing math in my free time

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

and get 81?

81?! Wow, I'm impressed at the sheer ignorance (or is it stupidity? Probably both, ha!).

As you know, multiplication has priority so first we do 40 x 0 = 0, leaving 40 + 1 = 41.

Ignoring priorities, it would be 40 + 40 = 80, then 80 x 0 = 0, leaving 1. Now prioritizing the sums, so 40 + 40 = 80 and 0 + 1 = 1, leaving 80 x 1 = 80.

More absurdity: 40 + 40 + 1 = 81, 81 x 0 = 0

I tried to do this in so many wrong ways just to show the sheer absurdity of that 81 result.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

and get 81?

It's impossible to get 81 even if you change the order of operations using parentheses.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The correct answer is 41, no ifs or buts. Seriously, how can anyone get that wrong? That's basic math!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You always multiply BEFORE adding in any math problem unless the addition is in parenthesis

---

Even messing with the order, yeah

I could only get 80
I was never told that. I was always left to assume that you did everything in the order shown.

Oh well. At least I didn't get freaking 81. Even I know the 0 makes that impossible no matter what order you do it in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was never told that. I was always left to assume that you did everything in the order shown.
You never learnt that multiplications are prioritized?! O_O

And people here say my country's education system is bad...!

(Seriously, if you went to school and never learned that in math class, count me really shocked, because that's one of the most basic rules of multiplication.)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
At my francophone school, we called it PEDMAS (Parenthèses-Exposants-Divisions-Multiplications-Additions-Soustractions).

Good times.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Gosh, I didn't know THAT! In my contract, under subsection Zero-000313, I can only grant wishes to mortals. Sorry mimgrim, you loose my power. :D

Well... that was fun... *Waits for obvious comeback*
Fool. I've had your power this whole entire time.

This has all been a test.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Don't feel bad about not having experience BTW. I joined 2 years ago, and only have BARELY more posts than you.

Fool. I've had your power this whole entire time.

This has all been a test.
Darn it, I knew my 'overlord-testing my-wish-granting-powers' test was coming up. See kids, this is what happens when you don't study.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom