• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gune

Smash Lord
don't follow web comics anymore used to with House pets! and Slightly Damned but now my computer is my just used for gameing.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm disappointed.
All this talk about women on the Internet and no one makes a "G.I.R.L." (Guy In Real Life) joke.
Because that joke is old.

On the topic of geeky things, what webcomics do you guys follow?
Only Brawl in the Family. I've seen some VG Cats and Penny Arcade strips, though. Same for xkcd.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I'm only a regular follower of Cyanide and Happiness. I've also been enjoying their new slew of videos in the wake of their Kickstarter campaign; it's been rather hit or miss, but many of them are great (this one and this one have been my favourite so far, as they respond to my morbid sensibilities XD).

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So........ Guys get boob physics and zero suit samus, girls get............ This......... I wonder how many girls actually imagined them being with Chrom. There's a question for you ladies. *crickets chirp* *ten hours later**facepalm* what did you learn Lozjam? I learned that girls never come to geeky websites, so if you get a girlfriend, even if they don't like smash. Treasure her forever.
Well, there are female confessions as well, so there's equality in that sense. I'm not that fond of Chrom, bu there are a lot of Chrom fangirls. You'll probably fine large quantity of FE fans on specific FE forums = more people admitting they're fanboys and girls.

I like romance in video games. I don't mind if some have dating sim elements. But I have to admit, Awakening's romance and character development was handled very weirdly... if that's the right term. I felt like MaMU x Chrom convo is much more romantic than FeMU x Chrom. :laugh:

Now, for the male confessions the only one I'm particularly fond of is Inigo's. Just because I LOVE his voice (and character). He's like the only character I could listen to forever, without getting annoyed lol. Okay, I also laughed at Yarne's, but yeah, I didn't really take them seriously. I feel as though the confessions are more of an "self-insert" thing. In the end I'm fine with it -- Awakening was obviously trying its best to appeal to all audiences, as you probably know, the franchise was almost on brink of extinction.

Oh yeah, here's something I said before on the whole FE romance situation:

If IS really wants to explore and expand on this romance/dating sim concept (for whatever reasons), I feel as though I'd appreciate a separate spin-off game more. This is why I'm really looking forward to SMT x FE in hopes that we'll see some concepts which we wouldn't see in a regular FE game utilized.

I'm dying to know more about SMT x FE. :(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know what SMT is so I'm not really planning on getting the game

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
My main problem with the dating sim elements in Fire Emblem Awakening is that many of the choices don't seem appealing for one reason or another. Like on the female side I don't like Tharja for being a creepy stalker, I'm not fond of marrying Nowi due to the lolicon implications, I'm not fond of Maribelle for being a rich snob, I'm not fond of Anna for valuing money over her husband, Severa being cold and harsh, Noire for being ****ed in the head, and so on. Of course, when it comes to the idea of marrying, I'm okay with some choices like Cherche and Olivia.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The only webcomic I've read is BiTF.

I don't know what SMT is so I'm not really planning on getting the game
Shin Megami Tensei

I'm not that interested in SMTxFE. My expectations about the game took quite a hit when I heard that it was going to take place in the modern world. I'm worried that the story could be a real mess if not done right.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Cherche's probably my favorite choice of the female characters in Fire Emblem Awakening, mostly because really enjoy her support conversations.

On the topic of geeky things, what webcomics do you guys follow?
The only one I really follow nowadays is BitF, I do sometimes check out Awkward Zombie from time to time, but otherwise I haven't really been keeping up.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The only webcomics I normally read are Cyanide and Happiness, Gutters, and VG Cats/Super Effective. Other than those, I don't really read many.

Also, for anyone that had ever read that book The Giver, it's getting a movie made for it. Like most books seem to these days. I don't know why, but I figured that the movie would have some black and white segments for the earlier parts.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
My main problem with the dating sim elements in Fire Emblem Awakening is that many of the choices don't seem appealing for one reason or another. Like on the female side I don't like Tharja for being a creepy stalker, I'm not fond of marrying Nowi due to the lolicon implications, I'm not fond of Maribelle for being a rich snob, I'm not fond of Anna for valuing money over her husband, Severa being cold and harsh, Noire for being ****ed in the head, and so on. Of course, when it comes to the idea of marrying, I'm okay with some choices like Cherche and Olivia.
If you are ok with marrying at least one, does it not make it fine?(Aside from because generic personalities/tropes).

Everyone has a different value of what they want in a partner. And everyone also have things they don't want in a partner.

And if we are talking who'd we chose to marry, I'd pick Say'ri or Tharja. (Mostly Say'ri though).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ah yes, those shines.. I
I also read it in Middle School, but I recall finding it fairly decent.

A film adaptation could be at least competent, if executed well.
I read it too. I did NOT suck, as Cliff stated. As for a movie... it could work well... I'm just worried with all the bad book-to-movie adaptions...

I kinda viewed Anna as a 'tough case', and filled in the blanks with what happened after the final conversation.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The Giver could make for an interesting movie if done right. The idea and concept lend itself well to the idea of a movie, particularly if you get into the idea of how much control we really should have and when it goes too far. It can easily be screwed up, particularly considering Hollywood's track record, but it would be worth it with a good direction behind it.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Olivia is my waifu.

Back off.

I think the only book I had to read in school that I really disliked was Lord of the Flies.

Smooth Criminal
The only book I've dislike was Romeo and Juliet. That was just... stupid.

Call of the Wild, The Giver, The Night Thoreau Spent in Jail, Huckle Berry Finn, and some other one I can't remember the name of were all fine.

I'm currently having to read The Great Gatsby, which has been alright so far. Just kinda hard to follow, it feels like each chapter jumps a little bit from the previous one. I haven't been asked to read Lord of the Flies yet though. Might be next year.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think the only book I had to read in school that I really disliked was Lord of the Flies.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah...

That book did not make 10th grade any better...

I see why they make us read it but **** its depressing.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Smooth, how many children do you have in your bed?

I wonder how many people are going to catch the reference. Also don't hate me smooth, I just couldn't resist any longer.

Well okay then, I am not going to get into a waifu war thing. Because those things are silly.
I'd thought you would have known I was joking. :L

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I basicly live under the sea.
*looks at your location* Not surprising you say that. Parts of the Netherlands are actually below the sea level, even though said areas are not submerged. I don't exactly remember why is that so, though...

(I assume that is what you meant by that...)

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
*looks at your location* Not surprising you say that. Parts of the Netherlands are actually below the sea level, even though said areas are not submerged. I don't exactly remember why is that so, though...

(I assume that is what you meant by that...)
You're smart. Or read minds.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
It's not evening here where I live.

I basicly live under the sea.
Do you live in Rapture?

Still haven't beaten the goddamn Capra Demon. I roll past it and still get hit or the ****ing dogs attack me allowing him to hit me again, or get in such a position where they don't allow me to move foward but can't hit them. THIS BATTLE IS NOT ****ING FAIR!
I was afraid of that. Sorry to hear it, sounds just like me. I'm not sure what to tell you though.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom