• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Again. Welcome to my world. I'm almost a year out after graduating with a bachelor's in computer science, a field I want nothing to do with.
Believe me there are TONS of people in this same exact situation... Graduated college with a bachelors in a field they didn't really have a passion for and now are struggling to find work.

This is exactly why I'm taking a year off from college to work and re-evaluate what it is I really want to do. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten in regards to college is that it's NOT a race to finish in 4 years... What actually matters is what you do WHILE you're in college, whether it takes 4 years or 6-7.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Happy birthday Swamps dad! It's funny how our birth dates are really close (mine is tomorrow :chuckle:)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Okay guys...

I need your help!

Today is my dad's birthday! And I want to do a little something special for him.

So could you just say something along the lines of...

"Happy Birthday Swamp's Dad!"

Pleaes? :3
Sorta kinda late on this.

Buuuuut, better late then never.

And while I'm at at it.

Have a cake too.

On a different note. I got a PS3 today with KH 1.5 as a early B-day gift from my parents. So I'm pretty happy. PS3 also came with Uncharted 3, which I have absolutely 0 interest in, so I'll probably end up selling it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
waaaaat

Dude, Uncharted is actually a solid action/platforming franchise. You're missing out.

Smooth Criminal
Well first of all, it's the third game in the series and I never played the series before. And it doesn't seem like the series you can just pick up in the middle.

Secondly, what I ave seen of the game hasn't impressed me really.

There are just other games I would rather have.

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Believe me there are TONS of people in this same exact situation... Graduated college with a bachelors in a field they didn't really have a passion for and now are struggling to find work.

This is exactly why I'm taking a year off from college to work and re-evaluate what it is I really want to do. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten in regards to college is that it's NOT a race to finish in 4 years... What actually matters is what you do WHILE you're in college, whether it takes 4 years or 6-7.
The idea of dropping out for a year to re-evaluate what I want to do came up, but I don't seriously think I would've figured anything out then. I've been trying to do that since I graduated so I'm stuck in a rut really.

I've never been able to answer the question, "What do you want to do when you grow up.". I can remember when I was seven that I was the only one that didn't have any idea.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I spent all of 2009 with no school or job

It was horrible and I got kinda fat.

I got a job in 2010, which I still have today

and I started going to school again in 2012 (Finally)

I pretty much am back in shape now. Being out of work and school got me depressed

Though nowhere near the shape I was in highschool

Edit: It was 2012 I went back to school. I put financial aid info on my 2012 tax return form, that's right

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well first of all, it's the third game in the series and I never played the series before. And it doesn't seem like the series you can just pick up in the middle.

I started playing Uncharted with the third game. The only thing you miss out on is who the characters are but 5 minutes after seeing them you pretty much know all there is to know.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
waaaaat

Dude, Uncharted is actually a solid action/platforming franchise. You're missing out.

Smooth Criminal
I've only played Uncharted 2. But I very much enjoyed the experience.

My appreciation of the game increased once the whole Shambhala angle was woven in. I'm fascinated by the whole Shambhala/Agharta mythology, so I especially appreciated the final level (though the final boss was nonetheless rather lackluster).

The Uncharted games are basically Tomb Raider if Lara Croft were a guy - heavily focused on platforming/puzzles with secondary shooter elements, lots of tomb raiding and hopping to various exotic locales. It's an Indiana Jones-esque swashbuckling adventure as filtered through a National Treasure-type lens of historical conspiracy and mystery.

If that sort of thing interests you, the Uncharted games might be worth looking into.

Having only played Uncharted 2, I can't say how serialized the series might be (though I wasn't really lost in Uncharted 2 for the most part). I'd imagine that each game has a self-contained adventure, with character threads woven throughout. Perhaps others could vouch for this.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I've only played Uncharted 2. But I very much enjoyed the experience.

My appreciation of the game increased once the whole Shambhala angle was woven in. I'm fascinated by the whole Shambhala/Agharta mythology, so I especially appreciated the final level (though the final boss was nonetheless rather lackluster).

The Uncharted games are basically Tomb Raider if Lara Croft were a guy - heavily focused on platforming/puzzles with secondary shooter elements, lots of tomb raiding and hopping to various exotic locales. It's an Indiana Jones-esque swashbuckling adventure as filtered through a National Treasure-type lens of historical conspiracy and mystery.

If that sort of thing interests you, the Uncharted games might be worth looking into.

Having only played Uncharted 2, I can't say how serialized the series might be (though I wasn't really lost in Uncharted 2 for the most part). I'd imagine that each game has a self-contained adventure, with character threads woven throughout. Perhaps others could vouch for this.
I have never played the Tomb Raider games, so for me it was like playing Prince of Persia Sands of Time with guns and more complex puzzles (almost like the ones you would find in a Zelda game).

Yes each game has a self contained story with the only overarching plot elements thorughout the series being character relationships. The only thing starting in the middle could detract from is...
Sully dying every game

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I have never played the Tomb Raider games, so for me it was like playing Prince of Persia Sands of Time with guns and more complex puzzles (almost like the ones you would find in a Zelda game).

Yes each game has a self contained story with the only overarching plot elements thorughout the series being character relationships. The only thing starting in the middle could detract from is...
Sully dying every game
I didn't play Prince of Persia, alas. But Uncharted clearly belongs in that whole genre of realist platformers (alongside Tomb Raider and whoever else).

The only truly challenging puzzles in Zelda were many of the Water Temples, I found. XD

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Okay guys...

I need your help!

Today is my dad's birthday! And I want to do a little something special for him.

So could you just say something along the lines of...

"Happy Birthday Swamp's Dad!"

Pleaes? :3

Here's "happy birthday Swamp's dad" in Dutch:

"Gefeliciteerd vader van Swamp"

Pretty neat, eh?

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
sooooooooo from today's potd is there a list of items in ssb4 yet?
Also how much items are there from Brawl to announce left?

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
sooooooooo from today's potd is there a list of items in ssb4 yet?
Also how much items are there from Brawl to announce left?
The new items we've got so far are

Beetle, bottled fairy, hoctate ship(probably), steel diver and x bomb.

Returning ones are

Assist trophy, bumper, capsule, fire flower, green shell, home-run bat, motion sensor bomb, pokéball and ray gun.

Assist characters are

Ashley, mother brain, nintendog, skull kid, waluigi. starfy(probably), palkia, xerneas(probably) and dedenne(probably).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Witch ones are left from brawl?
Items you can choose or items by proxy(for instance, the Apple from Green Greens). Link and Toon Link's bombs are back, and do technically count as Items.

I can answer better if you want more clarification.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/Items That may also help. XD

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Sakurai sure likes to redesign items (it already got one back in Brawl). Plus the pixels on the blue/white thing is kinda bothering me (hope it get's fixed).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Happy birthday father
Otherwise, Happy Birthday, Swampfather! 8D
Happy Birthday, Venusaur! :grin:
I thought his name was Swampasenior.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWAMPS DAD =DDD
Happy B-day Mega Swampasaur!
Happy Birthday Swamp's Dad from Mexico!
.n_n.
Happy Birthday, Swamp Daddy, I guess?
Happy Birthday Swamp's dad, hope it's been a fun day for you!
Happy birthday, Swamphather.
Happy birthday Swamps dad! It's funny how our birth dates are really close (mine is tomorrow :chuckle:)
Sorta kinda late on this.

Buuuuut, better late then never.

And while I'm at at it.

Have a cake too.

D'aww, thanks everyone! But.....It's not my birthday.

:troll: :troll: :troll:

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
How would you guys react if the next Smash bros game was like Anarchy Reigns and J-Stars Victory Vs for some reason. lol

Sakurai sure likes to redesign items (it already got one back in Brawl). Plus the pixels on the blue/white thing is kinda bothering me (hope it get's fixed).
Oh look, the bomb is now the most threatening Smash bros related items in the game. lol

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I started playing Uncharted with the third game. The only thing you miss out on is who the characters are but 5 minutes after seeing them you pretty much know all there is to know.
Eh, still not very interested.

While I like those kinds of movies. When it comes to games I have other interests I prefer a lot more.

Plus it seems like the kind of game that focuses more on stunning cinematic scenes more then the gameplay or what ever. Which helps kills my interest of it, there is a reason why I don't FFX >_>. That and what I've seen of the games have left me unimpressed.

That and everything I've read up on about the games, Uncharted 3 seems to be the least liked one. xD

DJVictor

Smash Cadet
NNID
VictorLarbi
I made a video on youtube of all smash bros 4 footages that i will update and upscale it next time.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hey, guys, check out the rumors thread, and the unconfirmed veterans Snake thread for some information about a possible Snake disconfirmation.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I just got woken up by an earthquake. It was a 6.0 I believe but tapered off the further from the epicenter. It was 2.0 where I live. It was felt in a pretty wide area.

I heard both my wife's and my phone start buzzing and then heard "Jishin (earthquake)" outside on the loudspeakers. Suddenly the bed started to shake and then the room. It was pretty nuts. I've felt earthquakes at night before but this was surprisingly strong.

Well....I can't fall asleep now :/. Plus I heard there is a chance it might happen again but larger.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I just got woken up by an earthquake. It was a 6.0 I believe but tapered off the further from the epicenter. It was 2.0 where I live. It was felt in a pretty wide area.

I heard both my wife's and my phone start buzzing and then heard "Jishin (earthquake)" outside on the loudspeakers. Suddenly the bed started to shake and then the room. It was pretty nuts. I've felt earthquakes at night before but this was surprisingly strong.

Well....I can't fall asleep now :/. Plus I heard there is a chance it might happen again but larger.
I wish you the best of luck.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
While I like those kinds of movies. When it comes to games I have other interests I prefer a lot more.

Plus it seems like the kind of game that focuses more on stunning cinematic scenes more then the gameplay or what ever. Which helps kills my interest of it, there is a reason why I don't FFX >_>. That and what I've seen of the games have left me unimpressed.

That and everything I've read up on about the games, Uncharted 3 seems to be the least liked one. xD
Fair enough. You're correct that Uncharted follows the modern (pseudo-)trend of AAA interactive blockbusters, to an extent (lots of cinematic sequences and quick-time events). I'm not opposed to that kind of experience, but as far as Uncharted 2 was concerned, the platforming focus and storyline augmented my enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom