• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I have a legitimate question... If the new 3DS is as powerful as the Wii, does that mean the next handheld system will be as powerful as the Wii U?
I would say the 3DS is as powerful as the Wii in only some ways. Remember Ice Climbers having tech problems. They're only hanging by a thread at this point. I would think the New 3DS is more comparable to the wii than the regular 3DS. With that said, I do hope the next handheld is as powerful as the Wii U. #HDS

Last edited by a moderator:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I would say the 3DS is as powerful as the Wii in only some ways. Remember Ice Climbers having tech problems. They're only hanging by a thread at this point. I would think the New 3DS is more comparable to the wii than the regular 3DS. With that said, I do hope the next handheld is as powerful as the Wii U. #HDS
I was talking about the New 3DS. If it can run Xenoblade, the title that put the hardware to the absolute limit, it is as powerful as a Wii. Sure, there is less resolution, but considering that the 3DS renders each image twice for the 3D effect, it could be slightly more powerful than the Wii now.

D

Deleted member

I was talking about the New 3DS. If it can run Xenoblade, the title that put the hardware to the absolute limit, it is as powerful as a Wii. Sure, there is less resolution, but considering that the 3DS renders each image twice for the 3D effect, it could be slightly more powerful than the Wii now.
Oh right, didn't notice. The name of the new 3DS still kind of bothers me. So yeah, I'm sure it is at least as powerful as the wii at this point, and like I said, I hope the next handheld is as powerful as the Wii U. It would make sense, since a handheld wouldn't need to have an off tv play mode. So they already have spare hardware power to work with compared to the Wii U.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
So, will anyone else be getting a Japanese copy for the 3DS? I promise not to spoil anything for you guys.

D

Deleted member

So, will anyone else be getting a Japanese copy for the 3DS? I promise not to spoil anything for you guys.
I won't be getting one(if I had money I totally would), but I was planning on spoiling myself about unlocking every character and stage anyway so no harm done to me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom