• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To be fair, Nintendo didn't know what else to do with them at that time until the creation of the ever repetitive and boring New Super Mario Bros. games. And the whole "Koopalings being related to Bowser" deal was Nintendo of America's idea and Nintendo of Japan went along with it until Miyamoto had spoken for himself years later.
True, but it still left a bitter taste in many people's mouths. Said taste still hasn't faded.
I don't have anything against Jr. just saying. Iggy and Roy will always be my favorites though.

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
So basically this is assumed to be the starter roster due to the e-shop goof up?

Wario still bothers me, but I guess it isn't too awful...
Honestly, I'm still thinking you need to add Dixie and Mewtwo AT LEAST, with a possibility of Chorus Men and/or whatever that classic racer dude was, I forget (and highly doubt). At least, according to Ninka/Vaanrose:

It is clearly obvious this was a genuine source, though there could be pieces of mis-info, as is normally the case with leaks (such as Ridley or Mewtwo being made up). Ninka leaked all this June 21st, and the idea of Bowser Jr w/ Koopalings & clown car, Shulk and his 5 mode swaps CONFIRMED TODAY, and DHD is astounding. Credibility fulfilled.. If I recall correctly, the 4chan leak claimed the original CSS leak applied, but with the inclusion of one DK character (Dixie), one Pokemon (Mewtwo), and one character from a separate game (Chorus Men or Mech Racer). Again, I forget the latter's name since I just don't see it happening.

If the 4chan leaker had any inside info, we can FULLY expect Mewtwo and Dixie. Ridley may have been misinfo to establish hype. And the 3rd very likely will be Chorus Men, since it can work on both leaks.

So yes, add Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men, and I think you have it spot-on. I have a feel Ridley will be included as well. Surely if Ridley was just a boss, he'd have been updated by now. It's been, what, over a year since Nintendo teased his shadow?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm still thinking you need to add Dixie and Mewtwo AT LEAST, with a possibility of Chorus Men and/or whatever that classic racer dude was, I forget (and highly doubt). At least, according to Ninka/Vaanrose:

It is clearly obvious this was a genuine source, though there could be pieces of mis-info, as is normally the case with leaks (such as Ridley or Mewtwo being made up). Ninka leaked all this June 21st, and the idea of Bowser Jr w/ Koopalings & clown car, Shulk and his 5 mode swaps CONFIRMED TODAY, and DHD is astounding. Credibility fulfilled.. If I recall correctly, the 4chan leak claimed the original CSS leak applied, but with the inclusion of one DK character (Dixie), one Pokemon (Mewtwo), and one character from a separate game (Chorus Men or Mech Racer). Again, I forget the latter's name since I just don't see it happening.

If the 4chan leaker had any inside info, we can FULLY expect Mewtwo and Dixie. Ridley may have been misinfo to establish hype. And the 3rd very likely will be Chorus Men, since it can work on both leaks.

So yes, add Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men, and I think you have it spot-on.
I'm not guessing the roster, I put together a starter roster based on an apparent e-shop leak. The 12 guys on the side are left over from my CSS Leak roster.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
True, but it still left a bitter taste in many people's mouths. Said taste still hasn't faded.
I don't have anything against Jr. just saying. Iggy and Roy will always be my favorites though.
I can already tell that @thethirdkoopa had creamed himself since he's finally going to live his life long dream of playing as Iggy in Smash. That's one thing I really like about Junior having these 7 Koopaling alts, especially to satisfy the Koopaling fans too. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

The new 3DS has an improved CPU.. they could optimize Smash Bros. 3DS, and put characters that would've been difficult to put, such as the Ice Climbers, without problems. :troll:
Of course, I don't know anything. lol
Unless they pull a rayman legends delaying it right before release, I doubt that would happen. But regardless, please, don't give them ideas.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I can practice with Shulk ASAP, so I can't complain.

Though it's going to be Fighting-Game-Training-Lite considering that I'll need to at least know how to properly use the Arts.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Just found out that the official site updated with item, Pokeball, and AT pages. Probably very late on this, but whatever.
New AT.

Sorry @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 . :troll:

Giratina and Zoroark. Not sure if they were properly shown earlier.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just found out that the official site updated with item, Pokeball, and AT pages.
New AT.

It wasn't as bitter of a reveal as I thought, thought that's mostly because I removed him from my prediction rosters now, still he looks amazing and wouldv'e been cooler if he was playable. :(

D

Deleted member

I can practice with Shulk ASAP, so I can't complain.

Though it's going to be Fighting-Game-Training-Lite considering that I'll need to at least know how to properly use the Arts.
Yeah, learning the arts and the best time to use them is gonna be a pain. It'll be worth it though.

Just found out that the official site updated with item, Pokeball, and AT pages. Probably very late on this, but whatever.
New AT.

Giratina was shown during E3, but Zoroark was not. I hope I'm not the only one disappointed by Giratina's attack though.

Soul.

The new 3DS has an improved CPU.. they could optimize Smash Bros. 3DS, and put characters that would've been difficult to put, such as the Ice Climbers, without problems. :troll:
Of course, I don't know anything. lol
That would actually be a good idea. inb4 This is what will happen:
Get Smash 3DS. A "Deluxe DLC" is on the eShop used exclusively for the New Nintendo 3DS with the cut characters. Ice Climbers are on that DLC for free. There, problem solved.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why Sakurai never had :079: as a Pokeball Pokemon in any of the games yet is beyond me. He would have been the perfect troll Pokemon, using his Confusion ability to fling foes.

D

Deleted member

Get Smash 3DS. A "Deluxe DLC" is on the eShop used exclusively for the New Nintendo 3DS with the cut characters. Ice Climbers are on that DLC for free. There, problem solved.
Shh! Stop giving them ideas! Then again, it would give me more justification to get a new 3DS outside of Xenoblade. On second thought, give them more ideas for other games.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I feel very sad to see that people are bashing Jigglypuff here. I use her in every Smash game so far and I can tell you, I managed to make her effective in Brawl, so I will in Smash 4, too.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Please no, stop giving them ideas. :sadsheep:

D

Deleted member

Except if a new 3DS user attempts to connect to an older model, and picks the Ice Climbers.

D

Deleted member

Why Sakurai never had :079: as a Pokeball Pokemon in any of the games yet is beyond me. He would have been the perfect troll Pokemon, using his Confusion ability to fling foes.
I'll never understand why he chose :118: over :129:. The role of a useless fish is literally in Magikarps job description, but I guess that's just part of Sakurai's unpredictability.

D

Deleted member

I'll never understand why he chose :118: over :129:. The role of a useless fish is literally in Magikarps job description, but I guess that's just part of Sakurai's unpredictability.
It's because Sakurai wanted to make :129: playable. He hasn't done it yet, but he will soon. Or maybe he just hates Goldeen.

Soul.

Shh! Stop giving them ideas! Then again, it would give me more justification to get a new 3DS outside of Xenoblade. On second thought, give them more ideas for other games.
Why, the New 3DS has a C-Stick. Nintendo probably listened to the feedback and made retreating aerial moves possible.
The New 3DS has a better CPU / GPU or something. If the normal 3DS can't handle the Ice Climbers, there should be a New 3DS-exclusive DLC with them included. It's the best thing they can do.
Please no, stop giving them ideas. :sadsheep:
Feedback is always good. :urg:
Except if a new 3DS user attempts to connect to an older model, and picks the Ice Climbers.
By then we'll have the New 2DS. Everyone is going to get a New 3DS, I guess. Or making it cheaper.

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
It's because Sakurai wanted to make :129: playable. He hasn't done it yet, but he will soon. Or maybe he just hates Goldeen.
:129: for top tier.

Why, the New 3DS has a C-Stick. Nintendo probably listened to the feedback and made retreating aerial moves possible.
The New 3DS has a better CPU / GPU or something. If the normal 3DS can't handle the Ice Climbers, there should be a New 3DS-exclusive DLC with them included. It's the best thing they can do.

Feedback is always good. :urg:

By then we'll have the New 2DS. Everyone is going to get a New 3DS, I guess. Or making it cheaper.
I'm just still super salty about my awful moment for deciding to get a 3ds at last. It's like my issue with DLC just 1000 times amplified.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Giratina was shown during E3, but Zoroark was not. I hope I'm not the only one disappointed by Giratina's attack though.
Inkay only seems to make opponents fall over. Reversing controls would've been cool.

In hindsight, since the Ice Climbers are all but removed, Kyurem's attack could've functioned similarly to the Iceberg final smash, glaciating the stage and freezing those close to Kyurem.

----

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Remember when zoroark was a "must have"? An "obvious choice to replace lucario to represent the 5th generation"?
And then Shulk killed Zoroark. Such a shame not really. I guess that's one character that won't get his chance another day:troll:

D

Deleted member

Uh...I'm not sure if everyone plans to upgrade. I don't for starters. And if those owners get extra characters, that would be worse than DLC IMO.

Inkay only seems to make opponents fall over. Reversing controls would've been cool.
Inkay? More like Sakuray! Haw haw haw...

Last edited by a moderator:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Remember when zoroark was a "must have"? An "obvious choice to replace lucario to represent the 5th generation"?
I kept saying "Lucario is going to comeback" and "Zoroark isn't a bad choice".

I was right about the former, and no matter what people say Lucario is prominent enough to be an unofficial 2nd mascot of sorts behind Pikachu.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's pretty much impossible for me, I've gotta save up for other things first; by the time I save up for the new 3ds, Nintendo will have released their next gen consoles.
Now that you mention it, I'll most likely wait until that happens. That'll more than likely be backwards compatible with new 3DS exclusive stuff anyway. It's not like we'll miss anything too major right?(**** I just jinxed it didn't I?)

Tangamanga

Scrublord
NNID
Tangamanga
3DS FC
1650-3266-1148
Is the Ridley thread locked for anyone else?
Yup bro it's locked.

Now that you mention it, I'll most likely wait until that happens. That'll more than likely be backwards compatible with new 3DS exclusive stuff anyway. It's not like we'll miss anything too major right?(**** I just jinxed it didn't I?)
-shakes head in disappointment-

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't around for Brawl, unfortunately (or fortunately, some might say).

So I don't know how that connects to the thread being locked now.

Last edited:

Soul.

Uh...I'm not sure if everyone plans to upgrade.
Eh, it's all about the "wait and see" thing. If there's more exclusive games, maybe everyone is going to plan on upgrading.
I suppose having a C-Stick is good enough.
I'm just still super salty about my awful moment for deciding to get a 3ds at last. It's like my issue with DLC just 1000 times amplified.
That salt isn't good. The salt is only going to be used when a thread gets locked / character disconfirmation / etc.
It's more like deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom