• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

There was this recent leak of what appears to be the starter screen for the 3DS version taken down from the JP shop or something.
Showed all the announced characters bar Lucina and technically Dark Pit, and had no Wario or Ness.
...It did? iwannasee

All announced characters... SHULK IS STARTER? Suddenly I don't care about having to unlock Wario. except is Luigi starter? f***ing really?

Because clearly they must be equal. Clearly.
Not really, I just liked that they were always the same.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
There was this recent leak of what appears to be the starter screen for the 3DS version taken down from the JP shop or something.
Showed all the announced characters bar Lucina and technically Dark Pit, and had no Wario or Ness.
If Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario and Greninja are all starters then Mewtwo has to be unlockable cause I don't see having only 1 locked pokemon of 5.

D

Deleted member

Toon Link's a starter too. It's really stupid, he should be unlockable with Ganondorf.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Toon Link and Luigi being starter will bug me forever even if it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. At least Shulk's starter.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Toon Link and Luigi being starter will bug me forever even if it doesn't affect the gameplay at all. At least Shulk's starter.
Also, I don't think we should have 3 fire emblem characters, rosalina, the third parties, Palutena, or wii fit trainer in the starting roster. Just because you have a big new character doesn't mean they have to be there from the start. I enjoy the challenge.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And pics?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Eh...
I don't follow your thinking. Wario should, and probably will be starter. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce him the day the game comes out. Kind of an odd thing to celebrate with, but it's possible. Ness on the other hand is probably hidden. Which sucks because Falcon is likely starter, and that ruins them sharing starter/unlock status.
This notion of Wario's locked status has to do with the recent roster image that has (apparently) appeared on the Japanese eShop page for Smash 3DS:

This is not a demo; since this comes from the eShop, this would necessarily be the starter roster.

As can be seen, Wario is absent, among others. This starter roster has 36 characters (minus Mii Fighters, whose starter availability isn't apparent from just this picture). This also means that there are 12 unlockable characters, which consist of:

Wario, Bowser Jr., Doc Mario, Ganondorf, Falco, Jigglypuff, Ness, Dark Pit, Lucina, GW, ROB, and Duck Hunt Dog.

So that's 45 Characters + 3 Costume Clones + 3 Mii Classes for 51 playable characters overall.

Lots of unprecedented ideas, such as Wario being locked and the Third-Parties being starter characters. But if the above image is indeed from the eShop, then this is what the starter roster for both systems will be.

D

Deleted member

I just realized, if this is the starting roster, then we're looking at a starting roster larger than Brawl's complete roster if we don't count transformation characters. And that's without the Miis either. Holy ****

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The only character I'm excited for is Duck Hunt Dog. I'm anxious to see him in action. On a secondary note, I feel that somehow, out of some zany coincidence, he'll be high tier.

D

Deleted member

If Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario and Greninja are all starters then Mewtwo has to be unlockable cause I don't see having only 1 locked pokemon of 5.
If Toon Link is starter, 4 of the 5 Zelda characters are starter.

Soul.

So is anyone going to criticize Jigglypuff's inclusion because it has no changes on its moveset?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I dunno guys, even though Shulk was leaked before, there's just this great feeling of seeing him in HD.

Xenoblade had a fantastic art direction, but the characters couldn't look any blurrier. Now, Shulk is getting the render he deserves, and it looks sublime.

D

Deleted member

I just realized, if this is the starting roster, then we're looking at a starting roster larger than Brawl's complete roster if we don't count transformation characters. And that's without the Miis either. Holy ****
Replying to myself because I can.

D

Deleted member

Well, that's a starting roster larger than Brawl's starting roster, like artisticgamerxl said. Or maybe, it's just the characters that have been confirmed / shown in the site.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So is anyone going to criticize Jigglypuff's inclusion because it has no changes on its moveset?
First, how do you know it has no changes?
Second, it technically does due to customisation.
Finally, I doubt I would criticise it. If you mean there's no buffs I might be annoyed.

Well, that's a starting roster larger than Brawl's starting roster, like artisticgamerxl said. Or maybe, it's just the characters that have been confirmed / shown in the site.
Than where's Lucina?

Last edited:

Soul.

First, how do you know it has no changes?
Second, it technically does due to customisation.
Finally, I doubt I would criticise it.
I dunno. Most veterans didn't have a change on their moveset.
Implying she did. That's not what Jiggs needs. She needs buffs.
Melee Rest. Not Draining Kiss. :troll:
No, because it's obviously not going to suck as hard as it did in Brawl.
Yeah, it's going to be better than Brawl's.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Huh? Where did this come from? First off, how do we know that? Second off, there are still custom moves.

Lastly, like others had said, all she really needs are buffs.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I dunno. Most veterans didn't have a change on their moveset.

Melee Rest. Not Draining Kiss. :troll:

Yeah, it's going to be better than Brawl's.
Really? I've noticed changes on a lot of veterans.

D

Deleted member

So basically this is assumed to be the starter roster due to the e-shop goof up?

Wario still bothers me, but I guess it isn't too awful...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
SSB = 12 (8 [4])

SSBM = 26 (15 [11])

SSBB = 39 (25 [14])

SSB4 = 51 (36 + 3 [12])

The trend starting from Melee is that the next Smash games starter roster is roughly equal to the total roster of the previous game.

i.e. N(s) = ~N-1(t)

Where N is the Smash title, (s) is the starter roster, and (t) is the total roster.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So basically this is assumed to be the starter roster due to the e-shop goof up?

Wario still bothers me, but I guess it isn't too awful...
I'll admit, I do wish there were a few more unlockable. But ah well, at least I can experiment with finding my main quicker.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So guess what?
I have this one friend who's a pretty casual gamer, and whenever we played Brawl, he'd always use the black palette swap for Pit. After I showed him the leaks, he was ecstatic that Dark Pit was in the game as a separate character.

Looks like that makes two people, @MorbidAltruism.

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't mind Jiggz being a better playable character, but I don't see why you think she's better than what she was. Unless there's gameplay of Jiggz that I missed. .-.
I never said she was good. She's pretty bad in Brawl, and I don't think she'll be that bad in Smash 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom