• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
How exactly do I hate everything? I must hate the characters in my sig as well. You must have missed where I said I was indifferent to those characters.
Bowser Jr. is the only Nintendo character that I outright dislike. Unless I forgot about someone, anyway.
I was (mostly) being sarcastic. Let me rephrase that. You seem indifferent to a lot of things.

And why exactly would you insinuate such? Because I think Rosalina is the third princess to come out of the Mario franchise? Not generic at all.
Because that sounds a lot like Lucina is FeMarth to me. It seems to be ignoring what the character can do because of physical appearance.[/quote][/quote]

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Whichever one will ease my crushed and confused childhood.
Short version: That's Titan Tails.

Long version:
See, there was a point in the comics where Tails was turned into a living Deus Ex Machina called "The Chosen One".
So, in comics #149-150. There was an arc revolving around Mammoth Mogul (who's Godzilla size apparently) wrecking havoc in some alternate universe.

Zonic, knowing that our lovable little plot device can stop him, brings all of his alternate universe counterparts to find the "Chosen One".
So where does that abomination fit in? Well, the counterparts died (and Sonic, I think. Probably not though).
So, in what could be the worst plot device anyone could pull out of their hindquarters! Well...

...Here's a broom.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Around the 2:00:00, he will bring up Big the Cat and explain everything.
Watched it. The line also dropped was "at least for the perceivable future", meaning they might change it. He's currently retired, yeah. Forever? Maybe.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
Short version: That's Titan Tails.

Long version:
See, there was a point in the comics where Tails was turned into a living Deus Ex Machina called "The Chosen One".
So, in comics #149-150. There was an arc revolving around Mammoth Mogul (who's Godzilla size apparently) wrecking havoc in some alternate universe.

Zonic, knowing that our lovable little plot device can stop him, brings all of his alternate universe counterparts to find the "Chosen One".
So where does that abomination fit in? Well, the counterparts died (and Sonic, I think. Probably not though).
So, in what could be the worst plot device anyone could pull out of their hindquarters! Well...

...Here's a broom.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not Dragon Ball GT level, though.
Everyone that wasn't named Son Goku was nerfed almost as hard as Ganondorf in Brawl. Especially Gohan, Vegeta and Piccolo. Luckily it isn't technically canon. So we can just end it off at Dragon Ball Z, where most of the cast did some badass stuff.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Random trivia time, courtesy of yours truly: Did you know that when Nintendo and Team Ninja teamed up to make Metroid: Other M they named their joint collaboration "Project M"?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Because that sounds a lot like Lucina is FeMarth to me. It seems to be ignoring what the character can do because of physical appearance.
Yes, I'm blatantly ignoring the fact that Rosalina is one of the most unique characters in Smash.

Whether I think a character looks generic =/= what I know/think the character to be capable of. I have played Awakening, and I know just how different Marth, Chrom, and Lucina fight, but I still don't like the idea of Chrom or Lucina because they look far too much like Marth. Lucina is worse, because she was quite literally meant to be a gender bent Marth, as in they designed her to look like Marth until "Surprise, I'm a chick! Oh, and I'm not really Marth." There are far more interesting choices to come from Fire Emble, three blue haired swordsmen comes off to the average Joe as "this is what FE is about and this is all that's in it when you play it."

I will seem indifferent when talking about things I'm indifferent about, obviously. Though in regards to Smash, K. Rool is the last character that I seriously want, so I will be pretty indifferent to most other choices. 90% of my favorite characters were already in Brawl.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've actually seen a lot of stuff created by SoulCalibur V's custom character designer. It's quite amazing how versatile it is.

There are actually a lot of Fire Emblem characters made with that. And pretty faithful to their original designs too.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
I've actually seen a lot of stuff created by SoulCalibur V's custom character designer. It's quite amazing how versatile it is.

There are actually a lot of Fire Emblem characters made with that. And pretty faithful to their original designs too.
Makes my stuff look really amateurish. I don't have the patience to customize stuff to be the best it can be.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucina is worse, because she was quite literally meant to be a gender bent Marth, as in they designed her to look like Marth until "Surprise, I'm a chick! Oh, and I'm not really Marth."
...Well. I guess I'll take my leave...

Indeed, that's pretty incredible. Must have taken forever.
We could make a whole thread on amazing SCV characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
...Well. I guess I'll take my leave...
So you're just going to deny the fact that Lucina was designed to look like Marth, and fool both the player and the characters in-game into believing that she was Marth? If that wasn't the intention of IS then it was pretty pointless to put her in a mask and call her Marth for the first portion of the game.

Also, that Pit looks terrifying.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Now that is some next level **** right there. Man, makes me want to get a copy again. I heard the fighting in SC5 is the best in the series too. I'd probably just make super heroes though.
I actually can't stand the game itself. I dunno, something about it doesn't sit right with me. Oh right, I remember what I didn't like about it.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So you're just going to deny the fact that Lucina was designed to look like Marth, and fool both the player and the characters in-game into believing that she was Marth? If that wasn't the intention of IS then it was pretty pointless to put her in a mask and call her Marth for the first portion of the game.
That doesn't mean she was designed to be a female Marth.
As I said, I can't stand this argument, I'm not touching it.

I'll always miss Taki.
Yeah, you seem like a Taki guy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hm? I wasn't here for that.
* The game is being aimed at Western Musou fans, as Zelda is very popular in the West compared to Japan. It is planned to be released in the West first in Fall 2014, and the game's script and dialouge is being built around the localization as mentioned before.
* A Zelda first, the game will have full voice-acting, except for Link who, as tradition, will only grunt. The English dub is being prioritized and the script written around it, while the Japanese version, being released a bit later, will have a Japanese dub. It's unlikely the English version will have dual-audio since it's being released first, but could be released as DLC.
* The game will be "more difficult" that traditional Musou games to appeal to Western fans, while still accessible to classic Zelda fans who are unfamiliar with the Musou franchise. There's more focus on defending and evasion rather than using brute force, for example, and even some basic "puzzles" placed within the levels. But it will be just as fast-paced and fun though according to the developers.
* Link, Zelda (+ Shiek), Ganondorf (+ Ganon), and Impa are the only pre-existing Zelda characters slated to be playable, apparently because they are the "mainstay" characters of the franchise who appear in different forms throughout the mythos. Tingle is not planned to be included due to his lack of popularity in the West.
* Aonuma and the Zelda team are creating a plethora of new, original characters that will be playable, the titular "Hyrule Warriors", which they hope will become popular among fans. Although they are new creations, they incorporate pre-existing elements of the franchise (such as the idea of Seven Sages, and the various races) and will not feel alien to Zelda fans. The playable roster will be around 25 or so.
* The game utilizes a version of Dynasty Warriors' "Weapon System" for Link, where he has his Sword as his primary weapon, but can also switch to a secondary weapon that changes up his basic moveset, such as the Flame Rod.
* The other playable characters are locked to using their signature weapon (these weapons include some of the same ones Link can use as his secondary weapon), but have longer combo strings, their own Musou attacks, and unique abilities to help them stand out and make up for the lack of weapon diversity Link has.
* Zelda and Ganondorf are unique in that they can "transform" using their Musou Gauge into Shiek and Ganon respectively, changing up their movesets. Zelda normally uses the Bow and Arrow, but as Shiek is armed with throwing knives and much faster. Ganondorf normally fights with a Spear, but as Ganon is larger and uses the classic Trident.
* Impa, her design based on the Ocarina version, is Zelda's bodyguard and fights using a Japanese-styled sword. Another one of Zelda's bodyguards is a comical Captain of the Guard who uses the Ball-And-Chain.
* There are a Moblin and Stalfos Boss that serve Ganondorf which are playable, as well as a new Gerudo character who has a "love-hate" relationship with him.
* The Blue-haired girl seen in the reveal trailer is named "Ryuna", and fights using the "Book of Mudora" as her primary weapon to cast magical spells. She's one of Link's "childhood friends" and an ally character.
* Link's other "childhood friend" is a short, red-headed guy named Nid, who fights using the Hammer. Him and Ryuna due to their names are apparently related to the Goddesses.
* The Seven Sages are all playable, but they are new characters instead of the pre-existing Seven Sages. There is a Deku Scrub, Goron, and Zora among their ranks.
* There are three Nintendo Guest Characters planned, Takamaru, Pit, and Samus, who have new make-overs to fit within the Zelda Universe. Samus for example has a more "ancient" looking Power Suit, and Pit is a bit older looking. Takamaru will draw from his previous Samurai Warriors appearance.
* The game's plot is an original story overseen by the Zelda team that focuses on a war between Zelda and Ganon's forces to find the Triforce, with Link joining up on Zelda's side. Although it will not fit within the central timeline, it borrows heavily from established Zelda mythos, specifically the Link To the Past and Ocarina of Time, the most well-known among stories of Hyrule.
* The game's Story Mode focuses on Link's role in the Hyrule War, and you only play as him, but as you go through levels, you find new Weapons to utilize. You also can walk around Kakariko Town between battles and buy weapons and items. After beating the central Story Mode, you're able to play new, more difficult episodes that focus on the other playable characters where you play as them and see their side of the story. In Free Mode, you can replay any level as any character. Finally, there is also a Mode that is akin to "Ambition Mode" in DW8, where you must build up Hyrule Castle by battling through miniature stages.
* The Stages and Enemies will be drawn from throughout the Zelda Series. The trailer showed an early build, as the final version will have new models for the Bokoblin and Lizalfos as opposed to using their Skyward Sword models, and other returning enemies will also have a new look to fit the game.
* Characters can Level Up by defeating enemies, increasing their various stats, except for Health, which is increased by finding Heart Pieces in Story Mode by completing special missions and in Treasure Chests. Characters share Heart Pieces, and you can choose how many Heart Pieces you wish to use for each battle, with some rewards being given to those that play with less Hearts. There is also the traditional Difficulty Select, including the mainstay "Chaos" for skilled players.
* You can bring extra items like Bombs and Potions into battle to help you. During battle you also find temporary power-up items, and rupees used to buy new versions of weapons and your shield.
* The Magic Meter charges up during battle like the Musou Bar, when it's filled you can utilize a character-specific "Team Ability" that powers up your entire army for a duration.
* The game is planned to include 2P, couch and online, as well as various DLC being planned such as new stages and costumes. There's no plans for DLC characters however.

This originated from /v/, specifically 4Chan.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Random trivia time, courtesy of yours truly: Did you know that when Nintendo and Team Ninja teamed up to make Metroid: Other M they named their joint collaboration "Project M"?
I also know it a terrible game that should never have existed.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm not sure whether to take that as an insult or not. :p
You have Sheena in your avi. Seemed like an obvious connection to me.

If you have known prior that I dislike Taki, you could have interpreted it as an insult due to your knowledge of my dislike, but you probably did not as there is no way you would've known that.

So no it's not an insult. I don't insult people for something they like unless it's something stupid.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That doesn't mean she was designed to be a female Marth.
As I said, I can't stand this argument, I'm not touching it.
I understand, it is a bad argument. However, I wasn't using the argument, I simply want to correct you on something.

As she was designed to fool the player into thinking she was Marth, which can't be done unless she looks like him, she was indeed designed to be a "female Marth." If you mean to say that she was not intended to be Marth personality wise, then yes, you are correct. Her design however, is indeed a female Marth.

How a character looks = design.
How a character is portrayed =/= design.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I also know it a terrible game that should never have existed.
The Baby. The Baby. The Baby.
The BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyThe BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyThe BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyThe BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBaby
The BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyThe BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBaby The BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyThe BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBaby

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The Baby. The Baby. The Baby.

The BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyThe BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBaby The BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyThe BabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBabyTheBaby
Don't forget Adam. The "world's greatest mind".

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
You have Sheena in your avi. Seemed like an obvious connection to me.

If you have known prior that I dislike Taki, you could have interpreted it as an insult due to your knowledge of my dislike, but you probably did not as there is no way you would've known that.

So no it's not an insult. I don't insult people for something they like unless it's something stupid.
I thought you were actually referring to ZSS being my main, because of the similar outfits. Maybe I'm a bit more dirty minded than I hoped I was...

Why do you dislike Taki, though? Her moveset, her story?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ganondorf normally fights with a Spear, but as Ganon is larger and uses the classic Trident.
SEE

Ganondorf should be using a trident, not a sword

the Trident is his weapon...

Or spear, whatever.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I understand, it is a bad argument. However, I wasn't using the argument, I simply want to correct you on something.
Never played the Galaxy games, so Rosalina is just another generic princess to me. I hear she has some kind of backstory, but that means **** in a game.
Correcting me? I'm sorry?

Why do you dislike Taki, though? Her moveset, her story?
The same reason I dislike Sophitia, Ivy, Setsuka, and the like: I don't. I just can't stand oversexualized designs. Especially in Soulcalibur IV. They should've stopped at SC2 with them.

SC2 is better in this regard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom