• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Isn't all of the cast?
Dude, SatAM was amazing. Best Sonic cartoon there'll ever be.
I agree though, I like Blaze. She is underutilized.
When I say, don't talk about Satam, I meant I don't talk about it btw. Since I don't know much about it other than it's memetic ridiculousness.

Blaze is better than half of the other Sonic characters. She's one of my favorites along with Metal Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Vector, and, of course, Sonic.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Scales > fur.
Bowser Jr. is under-aged yo. :troll:

I don't care if people like him, that's fine and all, I just find him extremely annoying and useless, personally.

A tiny Bowser with a paintbrush that can transform into a Mario clone doesn't sound very appealing gameplay-wise, either.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
When I say, don't talk about Satam, I meant I don't talk about it btw. Since I don't know much about it other than it's memetic ridiculousness.

Blaze is better than half of the other Sonic characters. She's one of my favorites along with Metal Sonic, Shadow, Knuckles, Vector, and, of course, Sonic.
Oh, I see. That makes sense. It's a great show, though, I recommend watching it for sure, especially since it's on Netflix.

I agree though, I wish Sega would stop making new hedgehogs and just use the characters they've already made and clearly forgotten. Hey, Sega, remember Fang? I sure do.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Bowser Jr. is under-aged yo. :troll:
I don't care if people like him, that's fine and all, I just find him extremely annoying and useless, personally.
A tiny Bowser with a paintbrush that can transform into a Mario clone doesn't sound very appealing gameplay-wise, either.
...oh no you didn't. He's better than Toad. He's my ideal choice for a Mario newcomer after Rosalina because no one likes Professor Gadd, Toad will never happen and Waluigi is only supported ironically.

Curious...what is your stance on the Koopalings?

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I agree though, I wish Sega would stop making new hedgehogs and just use the characters they've already made and clearly forgotten. Hey, Sega, remember Fang? I sure do.
Nack had one too many names. And I'm pretty sure many met Fang in Sonic the Fighters.
Seriously, my one issue with the Archie-Verse is after they added the Freedom Fighters it just turned into a "let's make a bunch of characters" shindig.
It feels like Nintendo got too much Nostalgia and decided to reuse them to remind us of what was "the best" Mario game, SMB3 (which I strongly disagree with). Also why the Tanooki Suit oversaturation is setting in. Regardless, I want to see more originality this side of Sunshine and not see the same bosses over and over again. Out with the Old, in with the New.

Last edited:

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
Nack had one too many names. And I'm pretty sure many met Fang in Sonic the Fighters.
Seriously, my one issue with the Archie-Verse is after they added the Freedom Fighters it just turned into a "let's make a bunch of characters" shindig.
I honestly have not read the comics in many years.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
After Sonic Chronicles, I'd rather see Big a bit more than Blaze. They've both shown with the right writing staff, they can be pretty good.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After Sonic Chronicles, I'd rather see Big a bit more than Blaze. They've both shown with the right writing staff, they can be pretty good.
Too bad it won't happen since Sega retired the character. It was announced a year ago va an interview.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
...oh no you didn't. He's better than Toad. He's my ideal choice for a Mario newcomer after Rosalina because no one likes Professor Gadd, Toad will never happen and Waluigi is only supported ironically.
Honestly, even Toad is better than Jr.
I actually liked Waluigi too, but I never supported him because it wasn't going to happen. I would actually love to have Waluigi alongside Wario in Smash.
Koopalings? They were neat, better than Jr. anyway because each one was unique and not just Baby Bowser with the "it's his son" excuse. Kind of annoying that they retconned them as not being Bowser's kids anymore too. If you mean having one/all of them for Smash, then hell no, even Jr. would be a better choice.

I don't really want any Mario characters, particularly after Space Princess got in. But I'm indifferent to Rosalina, Jr. is the Scrappy of Mario to me.

It feels like Nintendo got too much Nostalgia and decided to reuse them to remind us of what was "the best" Mario game, SMB3 (which I strongly disagree with). Also why the Tanooki Suit oversaturation is setting in. Regardless, I want to see more originality this side of Sunshine and not see the same bosses over and over again. Out with the Old, in with the New.
Super Mario World is the best imo. It's even Miyamoto's favorite so that says something.
As much as I'd love to see something new as well, it's kind of annoying that they went overload on SMB3 and barely reference World at all. I want that broken cape back, Nintendo.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I honestly have not read the comics in many years.
They made a Mecha Sally, had two universe reboots, had a crossover where all of Sonic's friends became robots, the original Metal Sonic is good, there's like 4 Metal Sonics, Scourge is relevant again, Mammoth Mogul, Sonic gets shot again, it just got weird.
Not Dragon Ball GT level, though.
Too bad it won't happen since Sega retired the character. It was announced a year ago va an interview.
Which cat?

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They made a Mecha Sally, had two universe reboots, had a crossover where all of Sonic's friends became robots, the original Metal Sonic is good, there's like 4 Metal Sonics, Scourge is relevant again, Mammoth Mogul, Sonic gets shot again, it just got weird.
I also distinctly remember...
Sally dying at one point.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Honestly, even Toad is better than Jr.
I actually liked Waluigi too, but I never supported him because it wasn't going to happen. I would actually love to have Waluigi alongside Wario in Smash.

Koopalings? They were neat, better than Jr. anyway because each one was unique and not just Baby Bowser with the "it's his son" excuse. Kind of annoying that they retconned them as not being Bowser's kids anymore too. If you mean having one/all of them for Smash, then hell no, even Jr. would be a better choice.

I don't really want any Mario characters, particularly after Space Princess got in. But I'm indifferent to Rosalina, Jr. is the Scrappy of Mario to me.
You seem to be disappointed with every newcomer confirmed so far.

I like Bowser Jr and Rosalina, though I also like Super Mario Sunshine and Galaxy, so maybe I'm super bias.

And I don't think they were ever confirmed to be his kids in the games. That was in the show.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Link to the interview? I want to read the exact words.

Also, they can change their mind, don't forget. If Sakurai can...

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204

Which cat?
Some of that actually sounds vaguely familiar. I think the last issues I read were in the 200s. I...think.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I also distinctly remember...
Sally dying at one point.
She died, was brought back, then almost died, then was turned into a robot, then was turned back into Sally Acorn, then there was another universe reset. The next comic will pick up right after that.
Some of that actually sounds vaguely familiar. I think the last issues I read were in the 200s. I...think.
The next issue actually is 258 releasing in two days. It starts a new arc called The Chase. Where they hunt Robotnik. Again.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Word.

I've hated Walruses ever since Diddy Kong Racing.
You just jelly cause Walruses are the mammal with the biggest baculum.

King Boo. :smirk:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You seem to be disappointed with every newcomer confirmed so far.
Not much I can help, I'm one of the only people that doesn't care about Mega Man, so the only thing I got out of that was second-hand excitement for his fans.
Wii Fit Trainer should be obvious. The only good thing that came out of that was the rule 34.
Villager looks really fun, but again, someone I didn't really care about.
Never played the Galaxy games, so Rosalina is just another generic princess to me. I hear she has some kind of backstory, but that means **** in a game.
I never thought anything of Little Mac either.

I don't hate any of them, I just haven't gotten excited over anything yet. At least there's a high probability for Takamaru to show up.
I like Bowser Jr and Rosalina, though I also like Super Mario Sunshine and Galaxy, so maybe I'm super bias.
Sunshine has always been my favorite 3D Mario game, I don't get what kind of convoluted logic dictates that Jr. = Sunshine rep. The game itself was fun, but one extremely annoying character won't ruin that, else no one would like Ocarina of Time. I find Jr. infinitely more annoying than Navi, actually. I don't associate Jr. with Sunshine at all, I just tried to ignore him when I could and enjoyed the game for what it was. Simply put, I love Sunshine but hate a somewhat major character in it.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Not much I can help, I'm one of the only people that doesn't care about Mega Man, so the only thing I got out of that was second-hand excitement for his fans.
Wii Fit Trainer should be obvious. The only good thing that came out of that was the rule 34.
Villager looks really fun, but again, someone I didn't really care about.
Never played the Galaxy games, so Rosalina is just another generic princess to me. I hear she has some kind of backstory, but that means **** in a game.
I never thought anything of Little Mac either.

I don't hate any of them, I just haven't gotten excited over anything yet. At least there's a high probability for Takamaru to show up.

Sunshine has always been my favorite 3D Mario game, I don't get what kind of convoluted logic dictates that Jr. = Sunshine rep. The game itself was fun, but one extremely annoying character won't ruin that, else no one would like Ocarina of Time. I find Jr. infinitely more annoying than Navi, actually. I don't associate Jr. with Sunshine at all, I just tried to ignore him when I could and enjoyed the game for what it was. Simply put, I love Sunshine but hate a somewhat major character in it.
You kinda just seem you like you hate everything.
Also I am insinuating everything is generic to you.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You kinda just seem you like you hate everything.
Also I am insinuating everything is generic to you.
How exactly do I hate everything? I must hate the characters in my sig as well. You must have missed where I said I was indifferent to those characters.
Bowser Jr. is the only Nintendo character that I outright dislike. Unless I forgot about someone, anyway.

And why exactly would you insinuate such? Because I think Rosalina is the third princess to come out of the Mario franchise? Not generic at all.

I don't hate many things, I like a large assortment of different things actually. Maybe you just think I'm grumpy because of ole' Ganondorf's mug.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom