• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't mind oversexualized designed if they are hot

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
The same reason I dislike Sophitia, Ivy, Setsuka, and the like: I don't. I just can't stand oversexualized designs. Especially in Soulcalibur IV. They should've stopped at SC2 with them.

SC2 is better in this regard.
I can understand that although Taki is the least sexualized out of all of them, and especially in SCIV. You could see her nipple points in her SC2 design.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
They should have a fighting game in which everyone is just plain naked. Regardless of sexual/species orientation.

I'd play the guy whose special move is the Helicopter in a heartbeat. >8D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just ordered a new scarf

It's going to look fabulous on me!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I can understand that although Taki is the least sexualized out of all of them, and especially in SCIV. You could see her nipple points in her SC2 design.
I agree with that. Still, you can tell her suit doesn't leave much to the imagination.
I don't outright hate her though, it's Ivy and Setsuka that I can't stand.

:facepalm: Design =/= personality.
Rosalina has a generic design, but otherwise has nothing to do with Peach. How is that hard to understand?
You never said that. You just said you didn't care about Rosalina because you haven't played Galaxy and that she was another "generic princess character". Even though she isn't even a princess.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, I could've mentioned Ridley.

...You think I'm joking, don't you?
I wish you would get Ridley of that picture.

Did I do good?
They should have a fighting game in which everyone is just plain naked. Regardless of sexual/species orientation.

I'd play the guy whose special move is the Helicopter in a heartbeat. >8D
A fighting game where everyone is naked?

edit: Double post :(

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I still want at least one obsure charcter to make the roster..Captain Rainbow would be perfect
Yes. I would like to see what Sakurai could do.
It could just be implying his joke status.
And is probably the comic relief of the cast. So it's expected to make him look terrible.
Arale, Gintoki, and Ryostu aren't terrible from what was shown. They're strong and fast while still being joke characters.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You never said that. You just said you didn't care about Rosalina because you haven't played Galaxy and that she was another "generic princess character". Even though she isn't even a princess.
That is what I have been saying the whole time.
Yes, I'm indifferent to Rosalina as a character, though I am very interested in trying her out to see how the puppet playstyle works.
And how is she not a princess? Is she just wearing a dress and crown for the ****s and giggles? Even despite the fact, she looks like a pallet swap of Peach with emo hair, that doesn't dictate how she plays though, but that is a very bland and uninspired design imo. They could have made her look completely different.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That is what I have been saying the whole time.
Yes, I'm indifferent to Rosalina as a character, though I am very interested in trying her out to see how the puppet playstyle works.
And how is she not a princess? Is she just wearing a dress and crown for the ****s and giggles? Even despite the fact, she looks like a pallet swap of Peach with emo hair, that doesn't dictate how she plays though, but that is a very bland and uninspired design imo. They could have made her look completely different.
She's not a princess because she isn't stated to be one.

And giving her a completely different design?

Yeah, I'd rather they didn't do that.

Velvet Phoenix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonic204
Has anyone here played Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver?

I've been really itching to play it but I don't know what version to get. I know the Dreamcast version is supposedly the best version but I don't feel like dusting off my Dreamcast to play one game. It's only $5.99 on the PS Store.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

I've been really itching to play it but I don't know what version to get. I know the Dreamcast version is supposedly the best version but I don't feel like dusting off my Dreamcast to play one game. It's only $5.99 on the PS Store.
Dreamcast is best version. I don't own a DC anymore but a friend of mine does. He has it, I played the PS version and the DC one is far superior.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Can't help you there. Though I do know a game I have played.

Better than Dark Souls.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've seen enough Ukiyo-e paintings to know where this is going...:ohwell:
...Er? I mean that Kitsunes have lots of tails. You know, allows you to use them to grab things(not sexually, to note), helicopters...

Just because I'm a pervert doesn't mean everything I say is innuendo. :urg:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
She's not a princess because she isn't stated to be one.

And giving her a completely different design?

Yeah, I'd rather they didn't do that.
They haven't referred to Mario as a plumber in a long time, but he still wears overalls. Must not be a plumber.
They don't have to state that she's a princess, the crown makes that obvious enough. You might as well say that a female character is a guy because her gender hasn't been directly stated, even though it's blatantly obvious what gender she is. Just an example.

And that's not what I meant by a different design, if she "isn't a princess," then how about a design that doesn't scream princess?
I'd also like to catch the name of that game you mentioned, I wouldn't mind putting it in my search history, if you catch my drift.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
...Er? I mean that Kitsunes have lots of tails. You know, allows you to use them to grab things(not sexually, to note), helicopters...

Just because I'm a pervert doesn't mean everything I say is innuendo. :urg:
If you want off the Innuendo Train, just say so. But as for myself, I still have much farther to go.

*Train departs from Rookie Station for the the cleft between two large, rolling hills in the horizon*

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Say um, just to let you know.

I've been forced due to a bet decided to change my avatar for the week.

So if I look different, that's why.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Amazing game, gets overshadowed by Dark Souls's constant meme status.
No kidding. Don't get me wrong, Dark Souls is good, but Demon's is better.

This article I literally just found covers my opinion nicely. If you could have Demon's atmosphere, music, characters, and creative bosses/enemies, and combine it with Dark's seamless exploration and equipment/weapons, you would have an absolutely fantastic experience. And it seems Dark Souls 2 will be just that. :)

They haven't referred to Mario as a plumber in a long time, but he still wears overalls. Must not be a plumber.
They don't have to state that she's a princess, the crown makes that obvious enough. You might as well say that a female character is a guy because her gender hasn't been directly stated, even though it's blatantly obvious what gender she is. Just an example.

And that's not what I meant by a different design, if she "isn't a princess," then how about a design that doesn't scream princess?
I'd also like to catch the name of that game you mentioned, I wouldn't mind putting it in my search history, if you catch my drift.
They constantly make references to Mario and Luigi being plumbers, a recent example being the first scene of Super Mario 3D World, where they hammer the broken pipe to fairy world back to form. They may not have stated they were plumbers for a while, but at least their actions imply it.
It's called Battle Raper btw. It's obviously a japanese game.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
They constantly make references to Mario and Luigi being plumbers, a recent example being the first scene of Super Mario 3D World, where they hammer the broken pipe to fairy world back to form. They may not have stated they were plumbers for a while, but at least their actions imply it.
Pretty sure it was a reference to the plumber job. Nintendo just sticks those little references here and there.
Oh god, really? THAT game? The one that I believe would have likely gotten that execution AO rating? Of course you had to be thinking of damn BR. Almost banned in Japan as well.
I swear if I go back to that duck avatar...
I'll still see you as G&W on the inside.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you want off the Innuendo Train, just say so. But as for myself, I still have much farther to go.

*Train departs from Rookie Station for the the cleft between two large, rolling hills in the horizon*
Tails was originally planned as female. :awesome: That is all.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Rosalina still "rules" over the Lumas like Peach rules over Toads, isn't that implied enough? There's still the crown and the dress too, if you saw someone wearing clown makeup, would you not call them a clown? They never had the need to call her Princess Rosalina, her appearance does it for them.
I also was not expecting that, made me lose interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom