• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Yes :(

Even in the N64 and GameCube era, the Game Boy was still doing well in its unprecedented 12 year-life cycle (Nintendo considers the GB and GBC to be the same system, and they share almost the same library.)

Wii U numbers are a bit unfair to compare to 3DS though just because it's been out almost 2 years less (and has a higher software attach ratio still,) but it'll almost certainly still end lower :/
That's sad. I feel bad for Nintendo. Everyone should.
Yeah, the Game Boy / Game Boy Color were the same system. Maybe it was still doing well because of Pokémon Gold and Silver or something.
Wasn't the GameCube Nintendo's worst selling console? It has like 21.74 million units. Software-wise, it's okay. The Wii was Nintendo's best selling console, but I think that was just because of Wii Sports.
Handheld-wise, the DS is the best selling system Nintendo has ever made when it came to handhelds.

Also, I just found this screenshot:

D

Deleted member

The 3DS is doing pretty good. Over 170 million units is better than some of Nintendo's other systems. That's nothing to scoff at. Though the Wii U could be seen as niche. The PS3 sold 80 million supposedly.
Both the PS3 and the 360 probably started this whole ''look at these graphics'' thing, I think. It wasn't like that before.. I guess. I'm pretty sure Wii U sales will go sky rocket at some point, though.. and yeah, 3DS is doing pretty good like you said.

R0Y

Smash Master
The 3DS is doing pretty good. Over 170 million units is better than some of Nintendo's other systems. That's nothing to scoff at. Though the Wii U could be seen as niche. The PS3 sold 80 million supposedly.

No, no, no. The 3DS is at 44.14 million units of hardware. It's at 171.49 of software, neither number is good for this point in time. Yes, Wii U is doing another level of bad, sadly.

PS3 is at over 80 million units of hardware and hundreds of millions of units of software in nearly 8 years. Hard to compare consoles to handhelds really anyway.

Both the PS3 and the 360 probably started this whole ''look at these graphics'' thing, I think. It wasn't like that before.. I guess. I'm pretty sure Wii U sales will go sky rocket at some point, though.. and yeah, 3DS is doing pretty good like you said.
That's selective memory. Rare's N64 games were very much eye candy adventures that the PS1 couldn't do and that helped Goldeneye along. Nintendo didn't stop focusing on graphics entirely until the Wii and DS.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Ness' victory theme should be:

Pls make it return, Sakurai. ;_; And if Lucas returns, give him his own theme.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That's sad. I feel bad for Nintendo. Everyone should.
Yeah, the Game Boy / Game Boy Color were the same system. Maybe it was still doing well because of Pokémon Gold and Silver or something.
Wasn't the GameCube Nintendo's worst selling console? It has like 21.74 million units. Software-wise, it's okay. The Wii was Nintendo's best selling console, but I think that was just because of Wii Sports.
Handheld-wise, the DS is the best selling system Nintendo has ever made when it came to handhelds.

Also, I just found this screenshot:
Is that Mii wearing Robin's cloak?!
That's it, take my money.

D

Deleted member

I'm probably going to get shot, but I actually like the leaked roster as a whole. The only cut that I take issue with is Ice Climbers, though if they are out because of technical limitations, it is somewhat understandable. Lucas, Wolf, and Snake being cut gives me reason to go back and play Brawl. I have no problems with clones so long as the differences are at least Melee level. Lucina is pushing it, but if Dr. Mario functions at all like he did in Melee, then I'd be fine with that. I could care less about Dark Pit, though I do wonder if he'd be closer to Lucina or the Melee clones in terms of clone-ness. I have no problems with his being in though. Bowser Jr. is a character that I didn't know I wanted until I saw how he would function according to the leak. I've wanted a character riding a vehicle for a while now, and if Junior is how we get it, then I'm fine with that. Duck Hunt Dog I have no problems with, partially due to Crusade (BIAS) and partially due to how over powered his taunt is going to be. I really hope Shulk is playable, though if that truly is a jab and he is a clone of Ike, I'd be kind of annoyed. I don't think that will happen though due to the other clones seemingly being promoted alternate costumes, and Shulk would likely never be planned as an Ike costume. All the vets that return have every reason to come back, and it'd be great to see them again. Characters such as K. Rool and ****** do nothing for me, so I don't care if they're out.

If the gameplay was bad (which doesn't seem to be the case) and the leaked roster was real I might take issue though...

tl;dr, I'd actually be fine if the leaked roster was the actual roster.

Now, I must hide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No, no, no. The 3DS is at 44.14 million units of hardware. It's at 171.49 of software, neither number is good for this point in time. Yes, Wii U is doing another level of bad, sadly.

PS3 is at over 80 million units of hardware and hundreds of millions of units of software in nearly 8 years. Hard to compare consoles to handhelds really anyway.

That's selective memory. Rare's N64 games were very much eye candy adventures that the PS1 couldn't do and that helped Goldeneye along. Nintendo didn't stop focusing on graphics entirely until the Wii and DS.
Oh. Well, I wouldn't say that the 3DS is doing that badly. Over 40 million is still okay, it's system sales are decent. It's been out for only 3 years or so, so who knows what else can happen.

The Wii-U could do better, Maybe smash could help.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You know, they should make some Smash Bros. merchandise. That would be great for collecting.
Do you remember the Galactic and Transforming Heroes lines of toys? They were made of a soft enough plastic that they were hard to break, but were just movable enough to play with. These would be perfect for Smash Bros. figures, cute, yet efficient. Plus they come in pairs, so you could have Mario and Luigi, Mario and Peach, Mario and Bowser, Link and Zelda, etc.

D

Deleted member

Do you remember the Galactic and Transforming Heroes lines of toys? They were made of a soft enough plastic that they were hard to break, but were just movable enough to play with. These would be perfect for Smash Bros. figures, cute, yet efficient. Plus they come in pairs, so you could have Mario and Luigi, Mario and Peach, Mario and Bowser, Link and Zelda, etc.
Oh, I see. You know which companies should make a Smash Bros. line of figurines? Tamashii Nations / Bandai (Bandai Namco, lol) which distributes the SH Figuarts line, or Good Smile Company / Max Factory, those distribute the Figma and Nendoroid lines. I mean, the SH Figuarts Mario and Figma Link are examples. xD

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I guess you only wanted Shulk?
I wanted characters to be revamped due to blemishes. I got that.
I wanted Little Mac, due to the technicalities of boxing being appealing. I got that.
I wanted Palutena. I got that.
I wanted a newcomer with more of a Japanese flavor, like something along the lines of a ninja or samurai. Originally it was Takamaru, but I'm satisfied with Greninja.
I wanted Ike to return to **** all over Chromfags. I got that.
I wanted Sheik to return to make ManlySpirit and Diddy Kong shut the hell up about Impa. I got that.
I wanted Pac-Man to be confirmed so that supporters like Pacack are relieved. I got that.
Pokemon Trainer is GONE.
I might get revenge against the scumbags putting me down for losing interest in Ridley and K. Rool.
Also, I might get Shulk.

That's not even getting into the actual gameplay, which regardless of what anyone says is a notable boost in quality. Mainly because you're not punished for playing offensively.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I wanted characters to be revamped due to blemishes. I got that.
I wanted Little Mac, due to the technicalities of boxing being appealing. I got that.
I wanted Palutena. I got that.
I wanted a newcomer with more of a Japanese flavor, like something along the lines of a ninja or samurai. Originally it was Takamaru, but I'm satisfied with Greninja.
I wanted Ike to return to **** all over Chrom****. I got that.
I wanted Sheik to return to make ManlySpirit and Diddy Kong shut the hell up about Impa. I got that.
I wanted Pac-Man to be confirmed so that supporters like Pacack are relieved. I got that.
Pokemon Trainer is GONE.
I might get revenge against the scumbags putting me down for losing interest in Ridley and K. Rool.
Also, I might get Shulk.

That's not even getting into the actual gameplay, which regardless of what anyone says is a notable boost in quality. Mainly because you're not punished for playing offensively.
Uh-huh so basically this roster was made specifically for you and Arcadenik. Greeeaaat. Just great.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I just went to see the 3DS and Wii U's software sales.
3DS: 171.49 million units.
Wii U: 36.67 million units.
Are Nintendo's consoles "niche" now.
Now that I think about it, since those beaches at the NPD like to group different versions of a game together in sales, Smash 3DS/Wii U's sales numbers should be put together so that it sits atop of the charts for months.

:awesome:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The only character I really wanted in smash was a mid-ranged magic user; which i suspected would be a Fire Emblem newcomer. Turns out I got Palutena and Robin. Other than that I wanted either King K. Rool or Dixie Kong, which i'll be hopeful for as long as DLC remains a possibility.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The only character I really wanted in smash was a mid-ranged magic user; which i suspected would be a Fire Emblem newcomer. Turns out I got Palutena and Robin. Other than that I wanted either King K. Rool or Dixie Kong, which i'll be hopeful for as long as DLC remains a possibility.
To be fair, the rest of the cast has not been shown yet. They could still be in.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
From what I remember that isn't the full roster.

D

Deleted member

Now that I think about it, since those beaches at the NPD like to group different versions of a game together in sales, Smash 3DS/Wii U's sales numbers should be put together so that it sits atop of the charts for months.

:awesome:
Now, what happens if Nintendo bundles Smash Bros. Wii U alongside the console (like Melee / GameCube)? That could make sales go sky rocket.. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom