• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Oh yeah, Gunball. A lot of the episodes have really weird storylines and little entertainment value, at least for me, so I don't have any real interest in it. Still, it has it's moments every now and then, I might watch a few specific episodes if they happen to be on in the background.

Other than everything I've previously mentioned, there is one other cartoon on another channel that I usually watch when it's on in the morning....

Last edited:

Soul.

I really liked contests actually, yeah. that and battle frontier was all I did in emerald.
Oh yeah, I remember the Battle Frontier. I didn't really use it. It was cool, though.
I want a Pokemon anime based on Twitch Plays Pokémon.
I want a Pokémon anime based that looks like Pokémon Origins. First thing Red does is get a Pikachu and that's it. Wait, no, he could just get the team he had in HeartGold and SoulSilver.
I did, sometimes they were a fun distraction, but I was young, so I am not sure if I would still be interested... but the contests are going to be in full 3D... this news brings me great pleasure.
There is nothing to be interested. For that matter, you'll "eventually" be interested in competitive Pokémon.
Smash Wars is always a priority. The 3DS...err, Wii U Strikes Back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, I forgot this; they're going to air a Powerpuff (lol) remake in 2015.. I'm no Cartoon Network guy, but meh.

R0Y

Smash Master
I mean an official one.

Also I've heard November 21st for NA more, and that wouldn't be unusual for Nintendo. It also still gives a week to replenish for Black Friday.

And I really doubt Japan gets this game later. North American games say Made in USA, and I believe European ones say Made in Germany, so there's probably not a crazy cue only in Japan for Wii U discs.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
upload_2014-8-9_22-22-52.jpeg

I see people talking about TV shows. Just want to say that for a kids show, this one is amazing. I don't even watch cartoons seriously, but this is an awesome show.

It's funny, the storyline is great, the characters have lots of personality, and there are MANY references to the old TMNT and various things in pop culture. People should really check this show out.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I like when a show knows that it's run its course, like Ed, Edd n' Eddy. It was a sad day when the show ended, but it was also an amazing finale. The movie was a perfect note to leave it on. Kind of wish Courage had ended with a movie as well.

Switching from cartoons for a moment, who here has seen Sharkado 2? I am so, so confused as to how anyone likes it.

Or how Sharknado even warranted a sequel.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Spongebob was one of the biggest parts of my childhood, it's changed quite a bit over the years, and it's certainly not nearly as good as it used to be. Nonetheless, I still find myself enjoying it for what it is.
Speaking of SpongeBob, don't ****ing remind of the crap they've gotten away with some episodes. One Course Meal, A Pal For Gary, and Pet Sitter Pat are really terrible, especially on a more personal level in my case.

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I forgot this; they're going to air a Powerpuff (lol) remake in 2015.. I'm no Cartoon Network guy, but meh.
OH YEAH I FORGOT. It seriously didn't need it, but it depends how they handle it. IMO teen titans go! Is a great series offering something completely different from the original.

D

Deleted member

I saw some mention of the Pokemon Anime. The absolute best case scenario that will never happen would be an extended version of Pokemon the Origin. And then, when they finish the Red arch in Kanto, they go to Johto and actually switch main characters to Gold(or whatever you want to him) Also, special crossover episodes where the protagonists battle each other(like red in gold and silver, or the tournament in Black/White 2) This would be a dream come true.

Soul.

Just saw that fake trailer.

So pissed they didn't go the Big the Cat route or have some fan-made Sonic character.

It would have been the bet troll route.
I heard a new character got announced. His name is Rick Roll, he's a replacement for the Mii Fighters.
I saw some mention of the Pokemon Anime. The absolute best case scenario that will never happen would be an extended version of Pokemon the Origin. And then, when they finish the Red arch in Kanto, they go to Johto and actually switch main characters to Gold(or whatever you want to him) Also, special crossover episodes where the protagonists battle each other(like red in gold and silver, or the tournament in Black/White 2) This would be a dream come true.
What would actually be a dream come true is that the X/Y anime ends already. I don't know why, it just feels so "meh".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just saw that fake trailer.

So pissed they didn't go the Big the Cat route or have some fan-made Sonic character.

It would have been the bet troll route.
The video should've went with Sonichu or Gyro the Hedgehog instead of Shadow's face, that would be the funniest thing ever. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So, I'm resuming my file on Paper Mario Thousand Year Door while I'm still dedicating a month to Paper Mario, and Nintendo announce that they're dedicating a year to Princess Peach? I may compromise and put the Battle Yoshi avatar off until the week after this coming, but I'm not sure yet, I better just make up my mind in the morning.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
If...uh, the Wii U version doesn't make 2014...post if you're okay.

D

Deleted member

I thought he said "I should go get a Metal Box and become Metal Roy!".
BOKU WA MAKENAI
MAMORU BEKI MONO NO TAME NI, MAKERARENAI
SHIN NO TATAKAI WA, KOREKARA DA
KURUSHI TATAKAI DATTA
HEE YAH!
YAH!
HOH!
ROY'S OUR BOY!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I like when a show knows that it's run its course, like Ed, Edd n' Eddy. It was a sad day when the show ended, but it was also an amazing finale. The movie was a perfect note to leave it on. Kind of wish Courage had ended with a movie as well.

Switching from cartoons for a moment, who here has seen Sharkado 2? I am so, so confused as to how anyone likes it.

Or how Sharknado even warranted a sequel.
Oh yeah, Ed Edd n' Eddy's finale was PERFECT.

As for Sharknado, I think it's because the developers realized they were making a godawful film and sort of embraced it, especially with the sequel. It ended up getting a "So bad it's good" kind of thing going for it.

Sharknado 2 was made more campy, taking itself far less seriously than the first. I got some good laughs out of it for all of it's truly bad qualities, many of which were made crappy and cheesy on purpose. And I died at the part near the end with the "Today Show" hosts.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure if they really need to reboot the Powerpuff Girls of all things. Then again, I suppose many american cartoons have had reboots, particularly stuff like Looney Tunes and Scooby Doo. But it might be the first time that a shows created after the 80's getting a reboot.

Soul.

BOKU WA MAKENAI
MAMORU BEKI MONO NO TAME NI, MAKERARENAI
SHIN NO TATAKAI WA, KOREKARA DA
KURUSHI TATAKAI DATTA
I used Google Translate, it said: "I wish I had Marth's sword. Then I would be the very best, like no one ever was."
I am okay with that, no rush once I get my glorified demo version of the game.
@ Soul. Soul.
I am okay with that too, means more 3DS vs. Wii U threads. Oh, how salty will SmashBoards be. :troll:

D

Deleted member

What would actually be a dream come true is that the X/Y anime ends already. I don't know why, it just feels so "meh".
Well, I didn't mention it, but I would have liked my "dream" to replace the anime with Ash, so it's a win-win!
I am okay with that, no rush once I get my glorified demo version of the game.
@ Soul. Soul.
It's funny because that's basically what the 3DS version is. I suppose it could also be considered DLC for the Wii U version since it has different content.

D

Deleted member

I used Google Translate, it said: "I wish I had Marth's sword. Then I would be the very best, like no one ever was."

I am okay with that too, means more 3DS vs. Wii U threads. Oh, how salty will SmashBoards be. :troll:
  • "守るべきもののために、負けられない! (Mamoru beki mono no tame ni, makerarenai!)", which translates to "For those whom I must protect, I will not lose!".
  • "苦しい戦いだった。 (Kurushī tatakai datta)", which translates to "It was a difficult fight," or "僕 は 負けない。 (Boku wa Makenai)", which translates to "I won't lose."
  • "真の戦いは、これからだ。 (Shin no tatakai wa, korekara da)", which translates to "The true fight is after this."
Roy doesn't need Marth's sword. He has t3h ph143!

Soul.

Well, I didn't mention it, but I would have liked my "dream" to replace the anime with Ash, so it's a win-win!

It's funny because that's basically what the 3DS version is. I suppose it could also be considered DLC for the Wii U version since it has different content.
No, really, it's just "meh". The animation is okay and all, but eh.
I don't think it is a demo. For Wii U owners, it may be, lol. Each to their own, I guess.
"The true fight is after this."
Roy doesn't need Marth's sword. He has t3h ph143!
Tell me when will that true fight against Fox happen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder why they didn't dub the rest of the F-Zero GP Legend anime.
Well, uh, I'm fine with the Wii U version coming out in 2015.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
As for Sharknado, I think it's because the developers realized they were making a godawful film and sort of embraced it, especially with the sequel. It ended up getting a "So bad it's good" kind of thing going for it.

Sharknado 2 was made more campy, taking itself far less seriously than the first. I got some good laughs out of it for all of it's truly bad qualities, many of which were made crappy and cheesy on purpose. And I died at the part near the end with the "Today Show" hosts.
It's strange, because I love those sorts of movies, the "so bad it's good," the old B-Monster flicks in particular (like The Stuff).
But Sharknado didn't even achieve that affect for me, I'm just sitting there looking at a badly animated tornado passing over trees that don't even have the decency to blow in even a slight breeze. Among other random nitpicks, particularly the house on a hill that flooded... when there was absolutely no water outside of the house. The second one definitely had me laughing, though.

I guess it's a given with how SyFy is infamous for atrocious CGI and special affects, but I'm thrown off by how much they're trying to push the movie, they've played the damn thing about twenty times by now. Kelly and Michael were the ones I died at though. :troll:

D

Deleted member

If the Wii U version doesn't come out in 2014;
"Eh, whatever. I have the 3DS version. I know the roster, I can wait."

Put down your guns. I'll do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom