• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

K. Rool vs. Yoshi. On Battlefield. No Items, 3 stocks, 8 minutes.
The final battle. :4yoshi:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Disney Channel is nothing outside of Gravity Falls.
Meh, I generally tend to avoid Disney stuff most of the times. I saw some clips from some of their ''Disney Channel Original Movies'' years ago and I couldn't stand them, maybe it's just me? xD

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

inb4 when Smash 4 releases:
"R.I.P. Brawl. Your soul will always be in Smash 4. We'll miss you."
To be fair, most people won't have a people won't really have a reason to play regular Brawl after Smash four releases. Casual players will mostly stick to the newest game for the characters. Melee and Project M are popular for the competitiveness. I'll be kind of a mix of both. I'll still play all the games, because each is fun in there own right, but I'll probably mostly stick to Smash 4 and Project M the most.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe the same will go to speculators once CompetitiveBoards begin to surface, am I right?
Nah, I'm kidding. Speculators can and will always go to SmashBoards.
I am a speculator and I can and will always go to SmashBoards. So I suppose you are correct in this instance; however, it could be a coincidence. So we must test this hypothesis further in order to maintain the validity of our results.

Soul.

To be fair, most people won't have a people won't really have a reason to play regular Brawl after Smash four releases. Casual players will mostly stick to the newest game for the characters. Melee and Project M are popular for the competitiveness. I'll be kind of a mix of both. I'll still play all the games, because each is fun in there own right, but I'll probably mostly stick to Smash 4 and Project M the most.
That's what casuals do, lol. They keep playing the game for the new characters and stuff.
And as for the competitiveness, I can see more 3DS vs. Wii U threads being posted as soon as the handheld version is released.
I am a speculator and I can and will always go to SmashBoards. So I suppose you are correct in this instance; however, it could be a coincidence. So we must test this hypothesis further in order to maintain the validity of our results.
We'll test that hypothesis when the game releases in September, then we'll "maintain" the validity of our results.
I heard there was a coincidence not too long ago, however.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
That's what casuals do, lol. They keep playing the game for the new characters and stuff.
And as for the competitiveness, I can see more 3DS vs. Wii U threads being posted as soon as the handheld version is released.
Project M has more characters than Brawl (and more fan-service, ironically), this is fact. Therefore, I can only assume that everyone who plays Project M is a casual scrub.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Disney Channel should be considered a cartoon channel AT ALL. The only cartoons it has are on a much more cartoon centric channel, Disney XD (which is actually not too terrible)

Disney Channel is ripe with god-awful, fist-through-television levels of terrible teen sitcoms that are basically half-hour advertisements for their teen music stars.

D

Deleted member

Well, isn't that what everyone is most excited, the new characters. Either that, or complaining that it's not Melee.:troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly, I don't mind the sitcoms on Disney Channel that much, and I even enjoy a few of them, but I mostly keep on it on in the background if I'm up late since unlike Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon, Disney channel continues airing it's regular shows overnight. I don't like any of the sitcoms they show on Nick At Night, and I've always strongly hated Family Guy and American Dad, among other Adult Swim shows. Biggest reason why I still watch Disney Channel though is because of the wonder that is Gravity Falls. :p

I only really ever watch Cartoon Network for Adventure Time, Regular Show, (I thought they would both be stupid from the previews but I ended up loving them both) or the old Looney Tunes that usually air in the morning. I still enjoy the newer Spongebob episodes, but not nearly as much as the old ones, and Fairly Oddparents has really gone downhill over the years IMO, especially with the recent addition of the talking magic dog to the main cast.

D

Deleted member

Disney Channel should be considered a cartoon channel AT ALL. The only cartoons it has are on a much more cartoon centric channel, Disney XD (which is actually not too terrible)

Disney Channel is ripe with god-awful, fist-through-television levels of terrible teen sitcoms that are basically half-hour advertisements for their teen music stars.
Ever seen High School Musical and all those ''original movies''? I couldn't stand those, but then again, I barely watched the network. xD

Agreed x9000.

Soul.

Project M has more characters than Brawl (and more fan-service, ironically), this is fact. Therefore, I can only assume that everyone who plays Project M is a casual scrub.
I can tell, honestly; casual players do enjoy Project M, that's true. It's just up to the player on how they want to play the game.
See, Morbid, isn't that a coincidence. I just said there was one not too long ago. :troll:
Well, isn't that what everyone is most excited, the new characters. Either that, or complaining that it's not Melee.:troll:
The way how you said that makes me think that this is speculation in a nutshell.

D

Deleted member

Disney Channel? *sigh* I have nothing to contribute to this conversation.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't mind the sitcoms on Disney Channel that much, and I even enjoy a few of them, but I mostly keep on it on in the background if I'm up late since unlike Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon, Disney channel continues airing it's regular shows overnight. I don't like any of the sitcoms they show on Nick At Night, and I've always strongly hated Family Guy and American Dad, among other Adult Swim shows. Biggest reason why I still watch Disney Channel though is because of the wonder that is Gravity Falls. :p

I only really ever watch Cartoon Network for Adventure Time, Regular Show, (I thought they would both be stupid from the previews but I ended up loving them both) or the old Looney Tunes that usually air in the morning. I still enjoy the newer Spongebob episodes, but not nearly as much as the old ones, and Fairly Oddparents has really gone downhill over the years IMO, especially with the recent addition of the talking magic dog to the main cast.
Gravity Falls is like, the greatest show, but out of the Live Action sitcoms, the only one I find enjoyable is Austin and Ally. The rest I find painful to watch personally. I don't really like newer Spongebob at all either, but those are more taste I suppose. I wouldn't know newer Fairly Oddparents because I haven't really watched much of it.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Does anyone else want the mysterious and powerful Paper Mario to make an appearance! Who agrees?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
On the topic of cartoons, CN sucks.

Adventure Time's okay, Regular Show's awesome, but everything else is pure garbage.

Particularly Uncle Grandpa.
After finally getting the chance to sit down and watch multiple episodes of these shows, I finally have a new perspective.

I still don't understand how Adventure Time has such a big fanbase, it's a good show with moments that I actually liked, but it still has plenty of groan inducing moments. Princess Bubblegum is awesome most of the time though.

Regular Show has way more groan inducing moments but more awesome moments as well. Though I particularly like it because it's about two grown adults who don't act their age and somehow barely hold on to their job.

Steven Universe... Really mixed feelings, everyone is an idiot and a good character at the same time. I like some of the story elements, and I really love the artstyle of the amazing scenery. The style of the characters, not so much...

Clarence is indescribable. Definitely a no.

Uncle Grandpa is no from the title alone. Then I was no throughout the entirety of a single terrible episode. So bad.

What did they even do to the Teen Titans I don't even.

Oh, and that Total Whatever Drama show was terrible from the very first episode way back whenever.

On the topic of Disney, I just don't like any of the shows. Not even Gravity Falls, I hear them coming for me now.

Do they even play anything on Nickelodeon other than Sponegbob anymore? Fairly Odd Parents got old after a while too.

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Ever seen High School Musical and all those ''original movies''? I couldn't stand those, but then again, I barely watched the network. xD

Agreed x9000.
HSM was everything, so don't even go there.

Also, back when DisneyXD was Toon Disney was the BEST. They has Chip and Dale rescue rangers, house of mouse and all that good ****. Now I only watch ****ty reality TV and other shows but I love them so much god help me

Also I LOVE CN, Regular Show, Adventure time and Gumball are all great shows IMO, idk about uncle cousin brother grandpa wtf ever

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Gravity Falls is like, the greatest show, but out of the Live Action sitcoms, the only one I find enjoyable is Austin and Ally. The rest I find painful to watch personally.
Really?

When I talk about terrible Disney sitcoms, I am mostly referring to Austin and Ally. It is so terrible and such a blatant advertisement for music that it actually makes me angry when I watch it.

D

Deleted member

Gravity Falls is like, the greatest show, but out of the Live Action sitcoms, the only one I find enjoyable is Austin and Ally. The rest I find painful to watch personally. I don't really like newer Spongebob at all either, but those are more taste I suppose. I wouldn't know newer Fairly Oddparents because I haven't really watched much of it.
Did you watch ABC at some point? They should end Grey's Anatomy at some point.. I mean, I barely watch the big 3 networks, but in this case I'd prefer ER and House. :troll:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Really?

When I talk about terrible Disney sitcoms, I am mostly referring to Austin and Ally. It is so terrible and such a blatant advertisement for music that it actually makes me angry when I watch it.
Now some people may not agree, but Nick had the best sitcoms. And idc what anyone says, Victorious was one of the best shows on Nick, the cast was amazing, the songs were on point and it pushed the limit when it came to adult theme just enough to still be appropriate.

D

Deleted member

Really?

Different tastes I suppose. Maybe the reason I like it is because Dez is the one redeeming factor, similar to how Spencer was easily the best part of ICarly.

Soul.

Did you watch ABC at some point? They should end Grey's Anatomy at some point.. I mean, I barely wath the big 3 networks, but in this case I'd prefer ER and House. :troll:
I would "prefer" a Pokémon anime where Ash didn't exist.
Then, they take out Naruto's personality and make him have a butthurt personality, just because of that channel on vStream.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah, Austin and Ally is one of the ones that I find more enjoyable. (though it's first few episodes weren't all that great IMO, particularly with all the side characters working in the mall that they haven't used since season 1) I also really enjoyed Good Luck Charlie (more than any of Disney's sitcoms that I've ever seen) but that one had it's final season a while back.

Spongebob was one of the biggest parts of my childhood, it's changed quite a bit over the years, and it's certainly not nearly as good as it used to be. Nonetheless, I still find myself enjoying it for what it is.

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Different tastes I suppose. Maybe the reason I like it is because Dez is the one redeeming factor, similar to how Spencer was easily the best part of ICarly.
Lol I hate Austin and Ally, Good Luck Charlie was good IMO... I don't really like Disney channel all that much but I feel like there were some good recent shows...erm

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I somehow completely forgot about Gumball.

I'm not sure I want to know what was going on when they were deciding the art direction for that show.

Not much to say about the rest of it, I was way too distracted by the garbage heap of visuals.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, Austin and Ally is one of the ones that I find more enjoyable. (though it's first few episodes weren't all that great IMO, particularly with all the side characters working in the mall that they haven't used since season 1) I also really enjoyed Good Luck Charlie (more than any of Disney's sitcoms that I've ever seen) but that one had it's final season a while back.

Spongebob was one of the biggest parts of my childhood, it's changed quite a bit over the years, and it's certainly not nearly as good as it used to be. Nonetheless, I still find myself enjoying it for what it is.
Lol I hate Austin and Ally, Good Luck Charlie was good IMO... I don't really like Disney channel all that much but I feel like there were some good recent shows...erm
Yeah, Good Luck Charlie was a good show, but since it already ended I guess I forgot to mention it.

Soul.

Lol, so Pokémon Contests are back in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, not that I didn't know. Did anyone ever use the Contests.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I don't really remember much of the only episode of Gumball that I've seen but it seemed like a worthy contender for the kind of shows that ran when I was growing up.

Did the Thundercats re-imagining end up being any good?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Lol, so Pokémon Contests are back in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, not that I didn't know. Did anyone ever use the Contests.
I really liked contests actually, yeah. that and battle frontier was all I did in emerald.

Morbi

Scavenger
I did, sometimes they were a fun distraction, but I was young, so I am not sure if I would still be interested... but the contests are going to be in full 3D... this news brings me great pleasure.

OsirisOda

Dark Cloud
I would "prefer" a Pokémon anime where Ash didn't exist.
Then, they take out Naruto's personality and make him have a butthurt personality, just because of that channel on vStream.
I want a Pokemon anime based on Twitch Plays Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

I somehow completely forgot about Gumball.

I'm not sure I want to know what was going on when they were deciding the art direction for that show.

Not much to say about the rest of it, I was way too distracted by the garbage heap of visuals.
Gumball is a weird one. Watching it, it's just kind of meh, but some of the gifs that come out of it that I've seen on Tumblr are really hilarious.
I hope we get a Wii U release date soon.
When I read that I thought you meant the console and got confused for a second.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom