• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
but at the same time I'd be curious as to the reasoning as to why Ridley was excluded again.
I'd also be interested to see, should Ridley be playable, what led Sakurai to decide to include him this time around. I hear that the Villager was originally dismissed as a playable candidate during the Brawl cycle, but that opinion has clearly changed during the successive (and current) cycle. In a similar vein, what would have changed Sakurai's mind to promote Ridley from AT/Boss*** status to a playable fighter?

At this point, I'm more curious as to how Sakurai perceives Ridley as a rule, then whether or not he's playable.

***Apparently, data on the Brawl disc suggests that Ridley was going to be an AT before he was repurposed as an SSE Boss.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Well, uh, the moment the full roster is leaked, and if (yes, if) Ridley is not in the game, what would be your reactions?
I'd run down to a store, buy a white mug, a very big white mug.

Then I'd buy a sharpie. A purple colored sharpie.

I'd write in big capital letters "YOUR TEARS", post it on smashboards and get a ton of likes even though everyone would actually hate me for doing it.

Too bad I'm too lazy to actually do that and I'd just write out YOUR TEARS somewhere on this forum

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Even if Ridley is playable Metroid is still a dead franchise. Face it Metroid fans, Nintendo hates you. :(
Metroid isn't a dead franchise. It's last game was in 2010, compared to F-Zero, which hasn't been around since after the Gamecube.

Soul.

I would thank Sakurai.
Lol. You would.
I'll be in my bunker.
I wouldn't be surprised, but it will be disappointing.
I would feel bad for Ridley supporters, but then I would move on to the competitiveness.
I would just shrug it off. But I doubt that they're keeping characters secret. Sakurai didn't like how the sse cutscenes went to the Internet and I'm sure he doesn't like to be outdone by a potato.
Yeah, he didn't like that. Maybe the remaining characters will be revealed soon.
I would be fairly displeased, but considering my hype is at an all-time low I can't really judge this..
I see. That's true.
I can live without Ridley if Mewtwo is in. If neither are in I'd be disappointed, but it won't stop me from buying and enjoying the game.
I'd be kind of bummed at first. He's my most wanted newcomer. I'd forget all about it as soon as I popped the game into my 3DS* though. NEW SMASH BROS YEAH
:troll:
It would be dissapointing news for the Ridley supporters.
It would be, at least he'll be in the game.
I'd call people stupid for not seeing it ahead of time, but at the same time I'd be curious as to the reasoning as to why Ridley was excluded again.
Lol, a huge part of speculation will be gone once Ridley is disconfirmed, I guess. This is why speculation is boring.
"Oh well, i still have Project M, so...i would at least have Ridley instead of Charizard..." Then learn how to do make model hacks for Brawl, remake Charizard's animations to fit Ridley, then, after finishing that, i will wait until i will be able to buy 3DS and SSB4 for 3DS. No loud FFFFFFRUSTRATION screams and comments like "F*** YOU, SAKURAI AND NINTENDO, YOU INSTEAD CHOSE *instert name of a random character*! PRE-ORDER F***ING CANCELED!" There is no need to be so mad about that unless Sylux, Anthony or Adam will be chosen before Ridley. THEN there will be reason to be so mad about it.

Same should be for every other character that doesn't gets in instead of those rage comments. Well, maybe except for the last part (be mad if someone who doesn't deserves to get in will get in before your wanted newcommer). Those comments won't help you no matter how much you will try.
I agree, there is no need to get mad just because a character did not appear in the game as a playable character.
In the alternate universe where this happens i'd be a sad panda.
You don't have to be sad. At least he will be in the game.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Metroid isn't a dead franchise. It's last game was in 2010, compared to F-Zero, which hasn't been around since after the Gamecube.
Plus, there's the apparent news that new 2D and 3D Metroid games are planned for this generation -- or at least, that there is certainly an interest to create new Metroid titles.

I forget when and where this news was shared, but I distinctly recall reading an article about it a month or two ago (definitely post-E3).

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Plus, there's the apparent news that new 2D and 3D Metroid games are planned for this generation -- or at least, that there is certainly an interest to create new Metroid titles.

I forget when and where this news was shared, but I distinctly recall reading an article about it a month or two ago (definitely post-E3).
Plus, if 21 years wasn't enough to kill Kid Icarus, then 4 years without a new Metroid certainly doesn't kill it.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Ok, so now for the opposite of @ Soul. Soul. 's question.

If Ridley WAS in the final roster as a playable character, what would be your reactions?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If Ridley WAS in the final roster as a playable character, what would be your reactions?
I'd take it for granted like I have every newcomer I ever wanted.

I got Lucina, Mega Man, and Rosalina? That's great!

Where's Ghirahim?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
If Ridley makes the cut, I'll get sexual reassignment surgery just to rub raw my brand new lady pearl.
Can't you just have both?

Since never, but people think otherwise for some reason.
Not really. We know he hasn't hyped him up. He did the opposite, he kept it all very vague and implied that it was a boss. That's why we are all hyped up because we are scientists and we ran scans and analysisters and endoscopies on the footage and came to the conclusion that Ridley is playable somehow.
Refer to second post of the Ridley support thread for more information.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero

I will buy WiiU and SSB4 for WiiU whenever i will be able to buy it. Before that, i will learn how to...i already said that...i won't have anything to do until i will get SSB4 anyway, so...why not waste time on something so minor, yet time-consuming? Oh, and i will visit few forums and DeviantArt since i had a certain discussion with few idiots (just urgh...you would hate them too if they would not talk about Ridley) AND Ridley detractors (it wasn't that bad with this guys) there...
I'm sorry, but when has Sakurai ever hyped up that Ridley would be playable?
Never, but hyping up something like that as a boss is like hyping up Mario as a playable character, so, he could have just showed it in action or at least in PotD with his role revealed like in every other case.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

I'd run down to a store, buy a white mug, a very big white mug.

Then I'd buy a sharpie. A purple colored sharpie.

I'd write in big capital letters "YOUR TEARS", post it on smashboards and get a ton of likes even though everyone would actually hate me for doing it.

Too bad I'm too lazy to actually do that and I'd just write out YOUR TEARS somewhere on this forum

I'm getting someone's tears out of this, one way or another.

Last edited:

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
He's hyped up Ridley

and why hype up someone that's not going to be playable?
Because playable characters aren't all there is to the game. Look I know alot of people want Ridley to be playable but at this point the fanbase is sounding delusional. All Sakurai ever did was say that other boss character's will appear while showing Ridley's shadow which is a pretty blunt conformation that he will be a boss hazard. I don't mind being wrong on this and having Ridley playable, but if he does end up as a boss, don't be surprised because that's the only thing he was ever teased as.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd probably jump, scream, laugh, cry, cheer, every kind of positive outlet I could do. After that, a heavy sigh of relief, I'd finally be able to rest easily until release.

Since never, but people think otherwise for some reason.
"An enemy from Samus' past", looking into the hole that was heavily speculated to be where Ridley pops out of, Ridley's shadow, not showing him on a stage that's been announced for over a year. Sorry, but you need to check your eyes if you don't think he has been teased, and then you gotta ask yourself why they would hype up Ridley having a downgraded version of his role from the last game. I know it might not sound like it, but I'm still very unsure about Ridley, to me either they've been hyping him up to be playable or they've handled the whole Ridley situation in an incredibly idiotic manner, and I believe both to be possible considering it's Nintendo and Sakurai we're dealing with.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because playable characters aren't all there is to the game. Look I know alot of people want Ridley to be playable but at this point the fanbase is sounding delusional. All Sakurai ever did was say that other boss character's will appear while showing Ridley's shadow which is a pretty blunt conformation that he will be a boss hazard. I don't mind being wrong on this and having Ridley playable, but if he does end up as a boss, don't be surprised because that's the only thing he was ever teased as.
It didn't say what role the boss characters would take though

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not really. We know he hasn't hyped him up. He did the opposite, he kept it all very vague and implied that it was a boss. That's why we are all hyped up because we are scientists and we ran scans and analysisters and endoscopies on the footage and came to the conclusion that Ridley is playable somehow.
Refer to second post of the Ridley support thread for more information.
Hence why I said he never hyped up as a playable character. It's more like pointing out Ridley is going to be a stage hazard on Pyrosphere, then trying to dodge the questions in order to keep the fans guessing. Case in point, when ever Pyrosphere is brought up, it's normally only a screenshot on a character page or a 3 second clip, if you're lucky. Especially after the April Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
All Sakurai ever did was say that other boss character's will appear while showing Ridley's shadow which is a pretty blunt conformation that he will be a boss hazard.
Skull Kid, Chrom, Takamaru, Prince whatever (Saber or something like that, i don't remember), Midna, Dark Samus. THAT was blunt confirmation. But not that. Sakurai didn't even used his name anywhere.
That is your opinion of course. So, you may not change it if you want to keep it.

Hm...for how many pages will this discussion remain...i really want to know...and will it ever be changed to Hairdorf discussion until game's release...

Last edited:

Imber

Smash Cadet
Oh god. Those poor, poor, innocent people. I hope it's not a rickroll but a fake smash reveal of something stupid like Shrek, so we have a thousand or so of these poor sods claiming that Shrek is in fact cunframed.
Oh the irony

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I love that he cut off right as "Shadow" was dunked down, extremely anti-climatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom