• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
KLK was great. Not very deep, but it knows as much, and seldom takes itself all too seriously (including its own fanservice). It's more concerned with having a good time than anything else.

I was also impressed at how the "fanservice" becomes increasingly relevant from a thematic and plot/mythology standpoint. The skimpy outfits and frequent nudity are all justified by the story, so nothing is gratuitous (by the definition that something is gratuitous if it serves no purpose other than to just be there). And there's also equal-opportunity fanservice, as you'll soon find out.

Basically, expect over-the-top fights, and for the show to progress until it becomes apparent that the "fanservice" is secondary to everything else.

Also, Mako is the best.
I don't mean to offend, but I never expected such a serious post from you. 0_0

That's all awesome to hear. And yes, Mako is my favorite so far. <3

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What's everyone's opinions on the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie? I grew up with the Turtles and I think it's gonna be a dumb fun action movie. I see a lot of hate for it too. Just wondering how you beautiful people feel.
It seems better than most films involving Micheal Bay. If that means anything. And the personalities of the turtles seem to be intact. Though I still think they look like Shrek's cousins. And the Shredder looks too much like Megatron. People also have a problem with the Shredder(Oroku Saki)being played by a white guy, when he's supposed to be a Japanese man, in other version of TMNT. Which I can understand. Seems like one of those pointless changes.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I don't mean to offend, but I never expected such a serious post from you. 0_0

That's all awesome to hear. And yes, Mako is my favorite so far. <3
What?

All of my posts are serious. I always seek to contribute to the collaborative dialogue that is the Social Thread.

To think that all this time, you thought nothing of the many insights I have shared here.

Enjoy your KLK.

Morbi

Scavenger
What's everyone's opinions on the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie? I grew up with the Turtles and I think it's gonna be a dumb fun action movie. I see a lot of hate for it too. Just wondering how you beautiful people feel.
I am more concerned about Reptile's theme during the trailer, could it possibly be alluding to a Michael Bay directed Mortal Kombat film?!

But seriously, I might will skip the movie's opening weekend for the August Box Office war. I am probably going to go see Guardians of the Galaxy once more and avoid TMNT like the plague. It does not seem inherently bad, per se. I know a lot of people have Bay bias and they "review" Michael more than the actual movie.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I am more concerned about Reptile's theme during the trailer, could it possibly be alluding to a Michael Bay directed Mortal Kombat film?!

But seriously, I might will skip the movie's opening weekend for the August Box Office war. I am probably going to go see Guardians of the Galaxy once more and avoid TMNT like the plague. It does not seem inherently bad, per se. I know a lot of people have Bay bias and they "review" Michael more than the actual movie.
On a side note, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and absolutely loved it. Seriously the best film Marvel's ever produced in my opinion.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Shredder is a transformer that got lost on the way to the set, for starters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom