• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Remember this drawing from Miiverse?

And I have this DSi XL:

Last edited by a moderator:

Morbi

Scavenger
On a side note, I saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and absolutely loved it. Seriously the best film Marvel's ever produced in my opinion.
I agree; in terms of superhuman movies, I feel as though DC has the edge. I enjoy Snyder as a director, I even appreciated the stylistic approach to an infamously hated movie: Sucker Punch. Christopher Nolan is Christopher Nolan. Honestly, the cinematography is much more professional on the DC side of things. Marvel; however, Marvel has fun and I enjoy that a lot. They are just different approaches. But I find it difficult to call a Marvel movie "great" when DC sets the standard so high. Guardians was one of the most "fun" out of their other movies and I was genuinely interested in their characters. I watched godforsaken cartoon episodes to familiarize myself. I read countless (more like 2) wiki articles. It was phenomenal and I love the different approach to Star Lord. I was worried about Cooper as Rocket, that was vein. He was amazing. I actually cried about 4 times. Movies NEVER make me cry. It is going on my top ten favorite films list (not that my list is particularly riddled with excellent movies).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When did Shredder become Megatron Scissorhands?

DAMN YOU MICHAEL BAY!!!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I agree; in terms of superhuman movies, I feel as though DC has the edge. I enjoy Snyder as a director, I even appreciated the stylistic approach to an infamously hated movie: Sucker Punch. Christopher Nolan is Christopher Nolan. Honestly, the cinematography is much more professional on the DC side of things. Marvel; however, Marvel has fun and I enjoy that a lot. They are just different approaches. But I find it difficult to call a Marvel movie "great" when DC sets the standard so high. Guardians was one of the most "fun" out of their other movies and I was genuinely interested in their characters. I watched godforsaken cartoon episodes to familiarize myself. I read countless (more like 2) wiki articles. It was phenomenal and I love the different approach to Star Lord. I was worried about Cooper as Rocket, that was vein. He was amazing. I actually cried about 4 times. Movies NEVER make me cry. It is going on my top ten favorite films list (not that my list is particularly riddled with excellent movies).
Yeah I've always thought DC made the "better" movies, but Marvel's were way more fun.
Also, don't worry. My Top 10 is filled with movies that people think suck. And I did get a little emotional at the end with Rocket.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Is it another fic about this Social Thread, or something different entirely?
It's about this thread. I'm nearly done, but I just got a few things to work on. I should post it this afternoon, and before you ask, it's about the people who frequently use this thread first and foremost.

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Does he die?
I'm not gonna spoil a 1 day old movie, niiiice trrryyyyy.

It's about this thread. I'm nearly done, but I just got a few things to work on. I should post it this afternoon, and before you ask, it's about the people who frequently use this thread first and foremost.
I'm assuming I'm not in it :p

Edit: Thank you, based Mod!

Last edited:

Soul.

Well, I pre-ordered it as soon as it was available for pre-order. I long ago planned to skip whatever classes I may have had on it's release date. Turns out I have no classes on Fridays this semester, so it worked out.

But I still wasn't satiated, the hype was a little too much for me. So I went and imported a Japanese 3DS, and I'm gonna download the thing 11AM on Friday the 12'th, because that's when the game will come out in my timezone.

I... I have a problem xD

He could use one or two more extra moves that only he gets that are super OP, yeah. Maybe something that's Psychic and Dark type, that hits both physical and special defenses. xD
Lol, I know. It's just that the user said that. I'll bring up an image from another user.

This is how you talk to him. You need to do something like this:
"Heracross (I don't know...)"
This is the only image I got. He makes you talk like a Pokémon because he likes doing that, and it just seems...weird.
I have heard he does this on YouTube too. It's good that you pre-ordered it, though.
That move would be extremely broken to the point that it will end up getting banned..like, it would OHKO/2HKO easily.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
See, I'm the opposite. I find it difficult to call DC movies "great" when the core Marvel Cinemaverse has been that much better. They have style AND substance, though in the case of the former it's not so much a visual thing as it is a prevailing thematic 'attitude.' Snappy dialogue, memorable moments, and endearing, relatable characters---all the quintessential stuff that I got from reading comic books has been distilled oh so well by the Marvel movies. I don't get that vibe from the DC adaptations in the slightest. Sure, they look great, the presentation is top notch, but I don't feel like the other stuff has translated well into their works. May be the characters and the stories they come from, or the film talent behind converting it, or my Marvel bias, I dunno.

tl; dr I feel that most of the Marvel movies have maintained the integrity of the medium it emanated from.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks to the One Channel YouTube layout, sub4sub users and most YouTube trolls have left the site.

@ RamOne RamOne I meant to say the current channel layout

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Urgh, Youtube.
Youtube has got to have the worst layout of any website I've ever seen. And the creator studio doesn't help things at all, it just makes them more cluttered and hard to find.
And where the heck is the inbox?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
YouTube: continuously making unnecessary layout changes since... ever? Or at least, since Google acquired it.

This said, I haven't noticed any significant changes over the last days...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Urgh, Youtube.
Youtube has got to have the worst layout of any website I've ever seen. And the creator studio doesn't help things at all, it just makes them more cluttered and hard to find.
And where the heck is the inbox?
They removed mentions of the Inbox AND stopped supporting it. You can only read old Inbox messages for the time being. The new way to message is based on Google+.

New way of messaging users.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I don't like that Google and Facebook buy everything and force their users to give them personal information.

Last edited:

Soul.

Thanks to the One Channel YouTube layout, sub4sub users and most YouTube trolls have left the site.
And then those users move to alternative sites that don't even work, have a lot of issues and shut down after 3 months or so.
Then they complain that their favorite alternative is gone. It's a cycle.
I think that if YouTube didn't change, everyone would be there with no problems. I really don't care about the channel designs anymore. I go to YouTube to watch videos.
Another reason why they don't go to YouTube is because the site has a lot of "troll activity".

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Going to talk to some guy I have not spoken to for years.

Every time I think about it, I back down.

BUT NOT THIS TIME

Hong is going in.:evil:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Why can we report our own post?
Ikr I've almost reported myself like 8 times

Going to talk to some guy I have not spoken to for years.

Every time I think about it, I back down.

BUT NOT THIS TIME

Hong is going in.:evil:
If you're a girl, make out with him it'll ease the awkwardness.

If you're a guy, do the same.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Reporting yourself can be useful when requesting to delete your own posts.

Instead of asking a single or a few mods, you can easily notify all mods with power over the section you posted in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meh, if YouTube wasn't bought by Google, it'd probably have been better, but it wouldn't be the same. I joined the site in early 2010 (I planned to join in 2009, but didn't feel like it) and those were good times. Stuff was completely new. However, I was looking for advice on a project I was about to make, and told 001rich100 (Lego Metroid dude) to do such favor. The result? He got mad and threatened to ban me.

Morbi

Scavenger
Meh, if YouTube wasn't bought by Google, it'd probably have been better, but it wouldn't be the same. I joined the site in early 2010 (I planned to join in 2009, but didn't feel like it) and those were good times.
I joined in 2006 using my mother's email account so that we (my sister and I) could watch Japanese episodes of Naruto... awkward times.

Soul.

Meh, if YouTube wasn't bought by Google, it'd probably have been better, but it wouldn't be the same. I joined the site in early 2010 (I planned to join in 2009, but didn't feel like it) and those were good times. Stuff was completely new. However, I was looking for advice on a project I was about to make, and told 001rich100 (Lego Metroid dude) to do such favor. The result? He got mad and threatened to ban me.
Lol, he can't do anything to you. He doesn't work for YouTube, he's just a normal user. I'm sure other people wanted to join in 2009, but decided to join in 2010.
Lego Metroid? Lego Ridley confirmed...as a stage hazard, once again.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm currently listening to the second OP song of Durarara!!. Such an epic song and a nice change of pace from the Gerudo Valley remixes I listened before.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I'm currently listening to the second OP song of Durarara!!. Such an epic song and a nice change of pace from the Gerudo Valley remixes I listened before.
That's an anime right? With the motor cycle I vaguely remember it lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom