• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
*sigh* SSF2 would be such a great Super Smash Bros. knock off flash game if it only weren't for the stupid characters like Goku, Naruto, Ichigo, and Sora (nothing against these characters BTW, I love DBZ). It's like Miiverse decided on the roster!

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Does anyone in here own a Sega console? if so, what's it like? I've never owned one, so that's why I'm asking.
My sister has a Dreamcast, Game Gear, and Genesis. To my knowledge the Game Gear needs to be fixed, but the Dreamcast is like a child to her. The Dreamcast was pretty cool except for the chord of the controller, it was coming from the bottom and not the top. The Dreamcast I think came before the Gamecube? So in a way you got Gamecube level graphics a few years earlier.

D

Deleted member

Fixed for glory

Did you miss the earlier conversation?

The joke is that the trailer for the new SpongeBob Movie has Welcome to the Jungle, which people (jokingly) site as a reason to see the movie. What I've done here is see if playing Welcome to the Jungle over other trailers will work the same magic.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I don't know if I should be overjoyed, or throw-up.

I really can't tell if this is the Spongebob of my childhood, or the ********, mentally unstable modern one.
Hopefully the fact that I chuckled a few times points to the former.

Last edited:

Soul.

*sigh* SSF2 would be such a great Super Smash Bros. knock off flash game if it only weren't for the stupid characters like Goku, Naruto, Ichigo, and Sora (nothing against these characters BTW, I love DBZ). It's like Miiverse decided on the roster!
Lol, Goku. If I ever played that game, I would use Pikachu and have Goku as a punching bag, like Sandbag. Naruto? Lol x2.
Ichigo? Lol x3. Sora...eh.
I'm more interested in Smash 4, though. I can't say Smash Flash 2 is a bad game—from what I have heard, it actually feels like a Smash game, just in Flash.
Wait, Miiverse decided the roster? Is Shrek finally in a Smash game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My sister has a Dreamcast, Game Gear, and Genesis. To my knowledge the Game Gear needs to be fixed, but the Dreamcast is like a child to her. The Dreamcast was pretty cool except for the chord of the controller, it was coming from the bottom and not the top. The Dreamcast I think came before the Gamecube? So in a way you got Gamecube level graphics a few years earlier.
Yeah, you're correct, it came out before GameCube. I'd pick one up on eBay or Amazon just to test Daytona USA 2001, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 (although I have both for GameCube, I'd try out the original versions), and some other stuff that got released for it, like Shenmue. Same with the Saturn, I'd pick up Sonic Jam, Daytona USA Championship Circuit Edition, and some obscure games. Or might as well do some emulation. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I have never seen/read Bleach, nor do I intend to, but I actually enjoy using Ichigo in SSF2. Sue me.

D

Deleted member

Yes, but I just think "If You're Gone" by Matchbox Twenty is a better overall choice than jungle music

Have you ever heard "Welcome to the Jungle?"

And the joke isn't to stick in whatever song you want. If you think that song is a better fit for the SpongeBob Movie trailer, take it up with the guy who made the trailer.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Well, I'm in a lot of pain.
I burnt myself pretty badly at work a few days ago, but it was mostly healing up. Until tonight. I got home from work and one of my dogs was very excited to see me. He jumped up and was being all cuddly... and his claw caught the burn and tore all the skin off.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh, and the reason I was able to afford a 3DSXL is because I saved $500 on textbooks.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I agree the character choices are weird, but it's still a fantastic game.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Well, I'm in a lot of pain.
I burnt myself pretty badly at work a few days ago, but it was mostly healing up. Until tonight. I got home from work and one of my dogs was very excited to see me. He jumped up and was being all cuddly... and his claw caught the burn and tore all the skin off.
You and me both. Sensucht stabbed me in the eyeballs the other day.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Have you ever heard "Welcome to the Jungle?"

And the joke isn't to stick in whatever song you want. If you think that song is a better fit for the SpongeBob Movie trailer, take it up with the guy who made the trailer.
Yes, it was a pretty annoying song tbh. It's even worse that Lucahjin had to sing it in that one episode of Sonic Adventure 2 Versus

D

Deleted member

I agree the character choices are weird, but it's still a fantastic game.
Anime characters in Smash Bros. is just.. weird, but hey, it's a fan-made game, so I guess that explains why those characters are in SSF2.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I didn't realize it, but apparently there is a campaign now to stop Anime and Manga piracy. Well Japan, if you decide to send stuff like Minami-Ke over here in English, I would buy it. But since you are not making it accessible to me (meaning it's physically impossible to let me give you money) I don't see the issue.

D

Deleted member

I played SSF2 and it is a great fan-made game. Even if the anime characters being included in a Smash Bros. game is flat out weird, it's awesome and easily surpasses the original SSF.

D

Deleted member

I played SSF2 and it is a great fan-made game. Even if the anime characters being included in a Smash Bros. game is flat out weird, it's awesome and easily surpasses the original SSF.
Sure the anime guys are a bit weird, but at least they aren't the donut steel Sanics who were in the original, and were planned to be in 2, but were thankfully cut.

Soul.

So, I'm playing SSF2 right now and after using the characters, it looks like they can all combo their moves. Mario has his down air from Smash 64 and Melee, Mega Man has different moves and Sonic doesn't have Spin Dash as his Side B, instead he has Light Dash, a move used for recovery.
I also tried out Pikachu and... Quick Attack cancelling is on a Flash game. That's awesome. Thunder seems to work like in SSB4.
The only problem is that I'm using Goku as a punching bag. lol

D

Deleted member

Sure the anime guys are a bit weird, but at least they aren't the donut steel Sanics who were in the original, and were planned to be in 2, but were thankfully cut.
Lmfao remember Blade from the original SSF? That recolor makes me think of GyroHedgie453.

D

Deleted member

Lmfao remember Blade from the original SSF? That recolor makes me think of GyroHedgie453.
Him and Blue can be summarized in 5 words:
Original Character; Do Not Steal

Soul.

I mained Blue and Super Sonic in the first one...
Super Sonic was a character? What is this I don't even know, maybe Super Shadow was a playable character in the first SSF! :troll:
Or maybe just normal Shadow. I really don't know...but what I know is that the orignal SSF had a menu similar to Melee's.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Wow, all I did was finish EarthBound, and I went from not knowing anything about that game to becoming a Mother fanboy.
But seriously, to all you who haven't played it, you should try it out, even if you aren't into turn based RPG's. The battle system is actually pretty fun and rewarding, and the story is both charming and deep. It's that kind of game that keeps you thinking about it long after playing it.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Super Sonic was a character? What is this I don't even know, maybe Super Shadow was a playable character in the first SSF! :troll:
Or maybe just normal Shadow. I really don't know...but what I know is that the orignal SSF had a menu similar to Melee's.
Yeah, Super Sonic was a character.

I keep meaning to download SSF2, but I'd want to play it with a GC controller and I don't have an adaptor.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Wow, all I did was finish EarthBound, and I went from not knowing anything about that game to becoming a Mother fanboy.
But seriously, to all you who haven't played it, you should try it out, even if you aren't into turn based RPG's. The battle system is actually pretty fun and rewarding, and the story is both charming and deep. It's that kind of game that keeps you thinking about it long after playing it.
I've played it pretty far into the game but I still haven't finished it.

I have watched the final battle though, because of the infamy of the final boss in the game.

Love every bit of it.

D

Deleted member

Him and Blue can be summarized in 5 words:
Original Character; Do Not Steal
Now wait for Miiverse users' fan favorite character: Shrek, along with Mr. Incredible (not as an April Fools joke), Silver, and Shadow to be confirmed for SSF2.

D

Deleted member

Super Sonic was a character, as well as Shadow, but Super Shadow was not playable.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Social Thread Crack Fic status update:

I'm almost done with Act I. There will be four acts, perhaps five, which I will serialize in separate posts. I have found a place for every name on the list. You'll accept the roles I've made for you lot, no ifs or buts (butts, sure, but no buts).

You might wonder why I'd devote so much time to writing something so expansive. When you see my design, all will become clear.

When Act I is finished, I'll post it here. Should be done before the night is out (or day, if you don't live in the Western World, in which case what have you been doing with your life?).

As you were.

Last edited:

Soul.

Yeah, Super Sonic was a character.
I see. So Sonic and Super Sonic are separate characters. That sure is the best idea for a Smash game. Then again, Dr. Mario exists.
Now wait for Shrek, Mr. Incredible (not as an April Fools joke), Silver, and Shadow to be confirmed for SSF2.
While we're at it, let's confirm Geno, Ridley, K. Rool, Dr. Eggman, Bandana Waddle Dee, Metal Sonic, Mallow, Dark Bowser and Funky Kong for SSF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom