• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Both of you could always start by writing a book and planting a tree, after that look for someone, like here in México we say a proverb "Siempre hay un roto para un descosido" or in english "There is always a broken for a unstitched", is more about patience and willing your heart to be a little more adventurous, always helps if you try to socialize a little more with your friends, coworkers and school mates, go to parties, take a coffee, go to the movies, make exercise in the park, take new classes or go to the gym, it will improve your chances to meet new people and maybe with a lucky shot someone you like.

.n_n.
Zhadgon is the best

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Both of you could always start by writing a book and planting a tree, after that look for someone, like here in México we say a proverb "Siempre hay un roto para un descosido" or in english "There is always a broken for a unstitched", is more about patience and willing your heart to be a little more adventurous, always helps if you try to socialize a little more with your friends, coworkers and school mates, go to parties, take a coffee, go to the movies, make exercise in the park, take new classes or go to the gym, it will improve your chances to meet new people and maybe with a lucky shot someone you like.

.n_n.
I think you may have just matchmade Psycho and MewtwoMaster.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"The end is the only thing that matters"
That's just your personal way of thinking. But that's not how the universe works at all and that's not even how a lot of humans think of things. You're mixing up philosophy and physics.

Though I can't tell if you're actually being at all serious at this point, but then I often can't tell if your posts are serious or not.
It doesn't matter how the universe works because that's whats going to happen

I think all people would think that way if they thought about it enough

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

.n_n.
Yeah, I'm in no rush. If anything, my parents are rushing me. Also, if I wrote a book, it will remind me of the fan fic I put on smashboards 12 years ago that, if I look back, is terrible and very cringe-worthy. Luckily for me, it doesn't seem to exist on smashboards anymore.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Life's about finding substance. It all amounts to nothing, we're just a small spec in the evolutionary process that is post-big bang.
But that needn't stop you from setting goals for yourself, advancing yourself or doing new or enjoyable things. You should never stop.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe it's because not only do I realize it's meaningless, I'm also unhappy and not able to reach my goals

Also knowing it's meaningless means I live every second in fear and pain

I'm not sure if they're is any end to my pain

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Sorry Kyurem, you don't get to come to the party at N's castle. Milotic is so much cooler than you anyway (눈u눈)

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sorry Kyurem, you don't get to come to the party at N's castle. Milotic is so much cooler than you anyway (눈u눈)
Well, Kyurem is a Poke Ball Pokemon, so it can go wherever it wants INCLUDING N's Castle.

Who is cooler than who, then? I'd say the ice chicken dragon.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Life's about finding substance. It all amounts to nothing, we're just a small spec in the evolutionary process that is post-big bang.
But that needn't stop you from setting goals for yourself, advancing yourself or doing new or enjoyable things. You should never stop.
I want to voice act. Unfortunately, I don't have any training or connections for that. I'd like to travel, but I would have to save up. I have the desire to find substance, but I'm pulling myself down because I don't have the resources to really do anything.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well, crashboards just happened for me for a bit.
In other news, I have a new favorite gif

ALSO: Captain Toad Treasure Tracker has been delayed to 2015 in Europe and Europe only. IT'S SO FUN HERE

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter how the universe works because that's whats going to happen

I think all people would think that way if they thought about it enough
It's not about what is or isn't going to happen. Yes, everything will come to an end. The issue is that you're implying that it matters that everything will come to an end eventually. But it doesn't matter to a the universe, to physics, it doesn't matter to stars, and it doesn't matter to life as a whole, it just matters to you, and assorted other people and higher level thinking creatures who hold that sort of belife. Nothing "matters" in physics, and what matters to people is entirely subjective. Saying things like "life has no meaning" doesn't mean anything to life because life as a whole doesn't give a damn if it has a meaning, that's just a concept that philosophically thinking creatures assign to things.

If you think all people think that way if they think enough, then you wildly underestimate the variety in human thinking. Thinking that the ends of a matter is the only thing that matters is highly, highly subjective, and is entirely based on philosophy. Because of that, you're absolutely free to feel that way if you want, but it is no way the "true" way of thinking, the "right" way of thinking, the "intelligent" way of thinking, or the way everyone thinks. It's just one way of thinking. And it is just that; a way of thinking. It has no value beyond the realm of thoughts and beliefs.

Maybe it's because not only do I realize it's meaningless, I'm also unhappy and not able to reach my goals

Also knowing it's meaningless means I live every second in fear and pain

I'm not sure if they're is any end to my pain
That's tough. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with your tangible things in your life (to what degree I don't know, since I know nothing about you), but it seems a lot of it is just your way of thinking, and a lot of your problem could be solved just by a simple change in perspective. Of course I know from experience it's not that simple, you can't just change your way of thinking just because you want to and a lot of people would rather be miserable than change their way of thinking anyways. You seem to have a very narrow viewpoint of things and narrow veiwpoints are A. almost never very accurate and B. very often lead to depression. I don't know where I'm going with this at all. I'm a biologist not a therapist(nor am I a nice person for that matter). But yeah good luck with your problem I guess.

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I want to voice act. Unfortunately, I don't have any training or connections for that. I'd like to travel, but I would have to save up. I have the desire to find substance, but I'm pulling myself down because I don't have the resources to really do anything.
It sounds to me like you're lazy. Don't worry, this is coming from a lazy person as well. You want to voice act? Study for it. Don't have money for traveling? Work. Unfortunately not everyone is born with the resources to do what they want, that's why they go out and get them.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It sounds to me like you're lazy. Don't worry, this is coming from a lazy person as well. You want to voice act? Study for it. Don't have money for traveling? Work. Unfortunately not everyone is born with the resources to do what they want, that's why they go out and get them.
Yeah, I'm lazy. I'm also working part time while still applying for jobs because I could only get a part time job. :/

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Shouldn't be surprising that IGN messed up, but this is hilarious

I mean, Hatoful Boyfriend is weird enough...

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I have a big problem in my life, would appreciate if at least someone read this, and maybe offered some help...

I don't know what the hell I'm doing or what I'm supposed to be doing. I am losing faith in reason, logic, religion, and philosophy...and there's no reason for me to be unhappy but for some odd reason I am. Sometimes I feel like things need to make sense, but sometimes I don't care about that and just want to feel things out, but it all feels wrong.

I'm just depressed. Mentally. I don't cry. I'm not especially sad. Just a numb sadness and I hate it. I want to feel alive but I feel dead. Yes I have dark and negative thoughts but I can't find anything of substance to shut out those voices. I shouldn't be like this, deep down I know I shouldn't, but for some reason I am and it just makes me angry.

I find it hard to concentrate on schoolwork because of this. I find myself coping by going on the Internet or playing video games, but I don't really enjoy either of those activities much. Even Smash Bros. or Mario or any games I loved in my childhood just feel dull. My passion for things has dulled as well. I don't love life, I don't love people, I just lack love, despite how I may present myself. I want to appreciate life and learn to love people and love life yet I don't know how, and because of that I find myself grasping at weird philosophies or principles or patterns that don't even make sense.

I just have zero drive to become someone. I want to make an impact on the world, but something inside is holding me down, holding me back. I haven't made a positive impact on anyone's life, and anything good I do is purely out of greed; wanting approval from friends, acquaintances, girls, or just to feel better about myself or to add to a mental list of good deeds in my mind. There's just something missing. I just need something. I just need one thing to spark my passion for life. I want to be alive again but I just don't know how. It bothers me everyday and it consumes me. I feel more emotionally vulnerable the more I numb myself up, if that makes any sense. I just don't know what I'm doing with my life, I don't want to screw it up or anything. I just need that one thing and I don't know what it is. All the problems in my life are a direct result of me missing a singular direction for my life, some guiding force or one thing to stand by on a heart level. Like, I shouldn't have these issues, yet I do, because something is missing here. All my efforts feel like they're in vain, even though that may not be the case. It's all just emptiness. I feel empty, hollow. Like a shell of who I used to be. I used to be awesome and full of happiness and joy, now it's all gone. All gone. I can hide it all I want and put on a mask or whatever but that doesn't do squat. I'm just angry and moody all the time in such a non-emotional way. I feel bound by everything I shouldn't be bound by. I feel powerless, worthless, useless. It's pitiful. I just want to have a good life, that's all. I want to be someone. But I'm not.

Because of this, I find myself celebrating my failures, which is not a good thing. Making mistakes, making fun of myself, only to make the same mistake again and repeat the process. It's toxic, it's pathetic, I know, but it keeps happening. I don't even know how to do right anymore, there's too much fog and gray and I fail to see things clearly. It's just aggravating and I've lost the will to change.

I find myself getting angry at myself for past mistakes. I find myself being vengeful towards those who have mistreated me or those who I imagine would mistreat me, and try to find snarky comebacks to use against them if I could go back in time. I'm in a state of constant worry and fear. What if I die tomorrow? What if I don't get a job? What if my brain burns out? What if I get sick and die? I can't help it, I just can't stop worrying. There's no assurance of tomorrow or my health or anything, but then again I have no hope for the future. I lack hope for everything, I just take what I am given and kinda hope for the best, which is another way of saying doing what you think you're supposed to be doing and hope the universe maybe works things out, whatever that's supposed to mean. It's just constant fear and I can't concentrate on anything. Constant fear. All the time. I just feel crippled and I don't know how to get out of this constant state of fear and worry and it's killing me inside.

With all this, I'm just stuck in a state of worrysome apathy. I don't want apathy, but it's there. I don't care. I want to care. But no matter how hard I try to care about things, deep down, I have nothing. I am nothing. It doesn't matter, why should I continue to care? I'd rather just do things I'm interested in. I just want to do what I want freely, without guilt. It's so irritating. I just feel unworthy of receiving good things when I don't give good in return. I want to care about the world and its people and everything else but I haven't an idea how to spark that. Anything good I do to people feels empty and in vain. I don't do it for them, I do it for myself. I don't care about them, I care about myself. I don't care about how they feel, I care about how I feel. This is true about 98% of the time; I can only point out a few instances in my life where maybe I was more selfless than selfish, but I'm not entirely sure about those instances either. I'm searching but until I find something I'll just be powerless and lacking true confidence, as usual.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I have a big problem in my life, would appreciate if at least someone read this, and maybe offered some help...

I don't know what the hell I'm doing or what I'm supposed to be doing. I am losing faith in reason, logic, religion, and philosophy...and there's no reason for me to be unhappy but for some odd reason I am. Sometimes I feel like things need to make sense, but sometimes I don't care about that and just want to feel things out, but it all feels wrong.

I'm just depressed. Mentally. I don't cry. I'm not especially sad. Just a numb sadness and I hate it. I want to feel alive but I feel dead. Yes I have dark and negative thoughts but I can't find anything of substance to shut out those voices. I shouldn't be like this, deep down I know I shouldn't, but for some reason I am and it just makes me angry.

I find it hard to concentrate on schoolwork because of this. I find myself coping by going on the Internet or playing video games, but I don't really enjoy either of those activities much. Even Smash Bros. or Mario or any games I loved in my childhood just feel dull. My passion for things has dulled as well. I don't love life, I don't love people, I just lack love, despite how I may present myself. I want to appreciate life and learn to love people and love life yet I don't know how, and because of that I find myself grasping at weird philosophies or principles or patterns that don't even make sense.

I just have zero drive to become someone. I want to make an impact on the world, but something inside is holding me down, holding me back. I haven't made a positive impact on anyone's life, and anything good I do is purely out of greed; wanting approval from friends, acquaintances, girls, or just to feel better about myself or to add to a mental list of good deeds in my mind. There's just something missing. I just need something. I just need one thing to spark my passion for life. I want to be alive again but I just don't know how. It bothers me everyday and it consumes me. I feel more emotionally vulnerable the more I numb myself up, if that makes any sense. I just don't know what I'm doing with my life, I don't want to screw it up or anything. I just need that one thing and I don't know what it is. All the problems in my life are a direct result of me missing a singular direction for my life, some guiding force or one thing to stand by on a heart level. Like, I shouldn't have these issues, yet I do, because something is missing here. All my efforts feel like they're in vain, even though that may not be the case. It's all just emptiness. I feel empty, hollow. Like a shell of who I used to be. I used to be awesome and full of happiness and joy, now it's all gone. All gone. I can hide it all I want and put on a mask or whatever but that doesn't do squat. I'm just angry and moody all the time in such a non-emotional way. I feel bound by everything I shouldn't be bound by. I feel powerless, worthless, useless. It's pitiful. I just want to have a good life, that's all. I want to be someone. But I'm not.

Because of this, I find myself celebrating my failures, which is not a good thing. Making mistakes, making fun of myself, only to make the same mistake again and repeat the process. It's toxic, it's pathetic, I know, but it keeps happening. I don't even know how to do right anymore, there's too much fog and gray and I fail to see things clearly. It's just aggravating and I've lost the will to change.

I find myself getting angry at myself for past mistakes. I find myself being vengeful towards those who have mistreated me or those who I imagine would mistreat me, and try to find snarky comebacks to use against them if I could go back in time. I'm in a state of constant worry and fear. What if I die tomorrow? What if I don't get a job? What if my brain burns out? What if I get sick and die? I can't help it, I just can't stop worrying. There's no assurance of tomorrow or my health or anything, but then again I have no hope for the future. I lack hope for everything, I just take what I am given and kinda hope for the best, which is another way of saying doing what you think you're supposed to be doing and hope the universe maybe works things out, whatever that's supposed to mean. It's just constant fear and I can't concentrate on anything. Constant fear. All the time. I just feel crippled and I don't know how to get out of this constant state of fear and worry and it's killing me inside.

With all this, I'm just stuck in a state of worrysome apathy. I don't want apathy, but it's there. I don't care. I want to care. But no matter how hard I try to care about things, deep down, I have nothing. I am nothing. It doesn't matter, why should I continue to care? I'd rather just do things I'm interested in. I just want to do what I want freely, without guilt. It's so irritating. I just feel unworthy of receiving good things when I don't give good in return. I want to care about the world and its people and everything else but I haven't an idea how to spark that. Anything good I do to people feels empty and in vain. I don't do it for them, I do it for myself. I don't care about them, I care about myself. I don't care about how they feel, I care about how I feel. This is true about 98% of the time; I can only point out a few instances in my life where maybe I was more selfless than selfish, but I'm not entirely sure about those instances either. I'm searching but until I find something I'll just be powerless and lacking true confidence, as usual.
Sounds like you need to change up your routine a bit. Maybe, set an emotional or physical goal, work towards it, then set another goal. Find your drive through your goals, and while you're working towards becoming yourself, also work towards what you want to be. It's possible to go on in life, even without a purpose. Right now, I'm in a really great relationship, have a nice job, but there is so much more I want to do. So I'm slowly working towards my goals, and maybe that's what you should be doing, too.

But who am I to speak of sadness, when my experience with it is null?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I believe you should talk to your family/parents, someone who you trust fully, explain your situation to them. Having the support of someone you deeply trust/care can help a lot in reducing the negativity in your mind.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
This thread surely is crazy... The things that happen when I'm not around...

As for the current topic... I definitely have some experience regarding depression. I've been getting better for quite a while, but it is one of those things that is very much easier said than done.

I could go on about my experience, but I don't like talking about this, much less on an Internet forum...

(And I changed my avatar... again.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Milotic appears as a hazard on N's Castle? It's the new Cresselia!!

STILL NO INFORMATION ON KALOS LEAGUE YET THOUGH

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Coincidentally your situation is somewhat similar to mine.

I've come to the conclusion now that really nothing is selfless, nothing is without greed, which is funny because greed is the thing I hate the most about this existence, so I'm locked into something I absolutely detest, how wonderful, right? :ohwell:

Anyways:
Like you, I become angry at my mistakes, I HATE making mistakes so much to the point that I make myself cry over my imperfections, and really, just want to abolish all imperfection that exists at this point.

I've been in the same situation about a job, but with regards to death, the **** I've been through and the amount of time I've spent thinking has ultimately made me completely nihilistic. I don't think this existence means anything and all we do is rot when we die, all of us are just sitting around waiting for our inevitable deaths, with society and activities created just as a way to pass the time until our bodies stop working.

But that's just me.

I suppose I have to blame all the depression I went through and such, letting it wash over me, for making me as extremely cynical and negative as I am. You (like me) seem to be caught in a perpetual cycle of self-deprecation, at least for right now. What I would suggest, weird as it may sound, is that you come to terms with your flaws, accept them, become fully aware of the fact that you, like everyone else in the world, have serious flaws, and then, once you become aware of the existence of such flaws, begin working to iron them out, control them, etc.

Essentially, will yourself to overcome such flaws, say "I am worthless and I understand that" then work to develop something that makes you have some worth, whatever it may be (if that is your goal). Instead of letting your flaws bother you, cause you great pain, acknowledge their existence, don't be mad or sad that you have them, just acknowledge "I have X problem or negative tendency." and then work to solve them in your own way. You seem to have the goal of achieving an enjoyable life, so decide for yourself: "what constitutes an enjoyable life for me?" then start working towards that goal, but remember to remain realistic, don't expect that the happiness you strive for will come without sadness, without pain. Acknowledge the inevitable negatives that exist, and prepare yourself for how to face them, so then, when they occur, they will not bother you as much and you can get right back to achieving your goal of an enjoyable life.

The biggest thing is, make a decision, decide "is it worth worrying?" decide "is anything or anyone truly selfless?" Make a decision on the inevitables that are a major part of your life, decide how you want to deal with them. Don't only acknowledge them and make a decision, but as soon as you do make a decision, make another decision on the plan of action you want to take, do you want to remedy the problem? Do you want to do nothing about it? Can you do anything about it?

Sitting and thinking about these things is what helped me come to terms with all of it and tolerate my existence, which is so overwhelmingly negative and useless, imo. So maybe it is something that can help you.

This is just how I worked with my own problems, and just a suggestion for a way you can work with yours. :upsidedown:

PM me or something if you want to talk about it.

D

Deleted member

Funny, I've been feeling somewhat similar. I've been constantly worrying about my future. I do well in school, sure, but when I spend my free time doing absolutely nothing beneficial, it kind of negates that. It doesn't help that two of the only people I know who went to college have dropped out due to being lazy. I have sort of been dwelling on my mistakes lately especially the one that almost got brought up last night as well as my failures. maybe I should just post it and have done with it I'll probably feel better when school starts maybe.

Summer is awful

I'd probably just talk to someone. I'm really bad at this sort of thing, but you are certainly not alone in your feelings.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Hyrule Warriors Direct on August 4th. Ghirahim announcement incoming?

D

Deleted member

Hyrule Warriors Direct on August 4th. Ghirahim announcement incoming?
That announcement pissed me off. I was like AUGUST DIRECT INCOMING?!?! GET HYPE! and then I realized it was Hyrule Warriors specific. For a guy who doesn't care about Hyrule Warriors / hasn't played too much Zelda, it's a massive buzzkill.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm predicting this whole week:
Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday Takamaru Disconfirmation | PM Representative Stage | Disconfirmation | Hype News | Mega Disconfirmation

I don't know but this stage is pretty hype to me! Get ready for a disconfirmation tonight to end the week :troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"I don't think I need to explain it in Detail, the game's close enough to release, right?"
"the game's close enough to release, right?"
THAT IS BULLCRUD! >:C

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
"I don't think I need to explain it in Detail, the game's close enough to release, right?"
"the game's close enough to release, right?"
THAT IS BULLCRUD! >:C
I actually appreciate it. We can wait a month and a half to see what it does.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I actually appreciate it. We can wait a month and a half to see what it does.
I meant to put a GIF of Meta Knight there because veterans but since it got censored by the auto chat-filter I could'nt. :Y
And yeah, N's Castle is pretty darn cool.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I meant to put a GIF of Meta Knight there because veterans but since it got censored by the auto chat-filter I could'nt. :Y
And yeah, N's Castle is pretty darn cool.
Yeah. I was hoping Sakurai didn't make me a liar about Thursday being a hype-worthy PotD (in this cage, a Stage).

Which means now Sakurai has to disconfirm something HUGE for the next one.
Or was it confirm? Did I read that e-mail that doesn't exist wrong? :troll:

Pretty sure it's a disconfirm tonight.
A huge one.

Prepare your tissues.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. I was hoping Sakurai didn't make me a liar about Thursday being a hype-worthy PotD (in this cage, a Stage).

A huge one.

Prepare your tissues.
Or your "Your Tears" pictures in case of Ridley :troll:

Also my avatar is now Killer Kermit the Ninja

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

A huge one.

Prepare your tissues.
Kamek's already de-confirmed, so I don't need to X-Nauts.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's good to hear about a Pokemon Black and White stage being in the game. That was one of my personal favorites. I just hope N's Castle won't be as annoying as Spear Pillar.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Or your "Your Tears" pictures in case of Ridley :troll:

Also my avatar is now Killer Kermit the Ninja
Needs more tonguescarf.

I'm sure many people have gifs prepared for tonight. The thing is, which faction will win?

The Wario Warriors?
The Ridley Riders?
The Chorus Kids's Christmas Chorale?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Needs more tonguescarf.

I'm sure many people have gifs prepared for tonight. The thing is, which faction will win?

The Wario Warriors?
The Ridley Riders?
The Chorus Kids's Christmas Chorale?
The Mewtwo Matadors. Or even the Shulk's Super Sick Swag Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom