• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Even though I just got Bravely Default on my way home I still played P:M online for a couple hours...

Smash bros is a curse...
If I were to play in a Melee tournament, I'd use Roy, start playing as if it's PM Roy, and then die. Seriously, get used to PM Roy, then play Melee Roy. I'm actually surprised at how many of his animations in Melee are stolen from Marth compared to the slight differences of PM Roy. I shouldn't be though. He's a clone after all...
Yea. I've been using Samus and intentionally not using her new moves and crawl. I use it more as online Melee practice even though Samus got WAY more buffs than just her new moves.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
YES!!!!

Zelda's awesome. she's really bad though and Smash 4 isn't looking much better :c

I'm using Zelda in a Brawl tourney in the fall. Do it. Just make sure that the person you're playing is a scrub first so you don't end up losing a set. Thats my plan anyways.
The main reason I'm using her is because it'll fake people out and that initial "Wait, what?" will be enough to make them play strangely. I managed to beat a Captain Falcon, Sheik (multiple times) and Fox, just because of Zelda's "wtf, it's Zelda" factor. These were all people that play Melee as their main game, too.

And oh, I will be. I will be.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Bravely Default is amazing and terrible at the same time.

You'll understand.. you'll understand...

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Even though I just got Bravely Default on my way home I still played P:M online for a couple hours...

Smash bros is a curse...

Yea. I've been using Samus and intentionally not using her new moves and crawl. I use it more as online Melee practice even though Samus got WAY more buffs than just her new moves.
Yeah they did some awesome things with Samus in Project M. The forward aerial and up smash when she changes to her Ice Beam are incredible.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Really?

I played as Zelda at the SDCC demos, and she felt great. I normally don't play as Zelda in Smash, but the separation of her and Sheik made her a better character IMO.
I played as her at Smash fest. She did not seem very good to me. The din's fire nerf is a big deal imo. Also the phantom knight is too laggy to be a good move. This is all just personal opinion though. I'm sure there will be some development for her.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like I should've played more veterans at Smash fest. Only one I used is Pit.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I feel like I should've played more veterans at Smash fest. Only one I used is Pit.
I tried Pit. He's still awesome.

I didn't want to waste my chances using characters I didn't care about. So the only newcomer I tried was Wii Fit trainer. And Rosalina out of pure curiosity of her crazy gimmick. I was more focused on trying to see how the game compared to Brawl. So I went Samus :4zss: for the Wii U version mostly since she was my 3rd best in Brawl.

I would've went Mario to compare how the game was to Melee but wasn't good with Mario in Melee. Just Doc. It wouldn't have been the same :awesome:

I could've gone regular Samus to compare it to Melee as well but I got salty after losing the first match with an SD in a sudden death. Zero Suit had to have revenge. And it was oh so sweet :awesome:

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Um, because I'm a hillbilly leprechaun can someone kindly show/teach me how to make one of them fancy newfangled thingamajig signatures with pictures.:upsidedown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom