• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I am a hipster (nerdy outcast who hates everything that's popular because I think it makes me smart and cool) and even I had to commend Frozen. I suppose it depends, in terms of Disney, most people regard Lion King as the best; however, I found it to be pretty "meh." I am a Mulan and Aladdin fangirl.
See, now THERE is something you and I are in 100% agreement on, Morbid. Mulan and Aladdin were fantastic and easily two of my top favorite movies.They're also two of my favorite worlds for KH2 and easily a couple of the best ones.

Coincidence? I think not. <3

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Unpopular opinion: yaoi is the best!

Umm...

I need to give my goldfish a bath. Sorry, gotta go! *quickly vanishes*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mulan and Aladdin are amazing and Frozen doesn't hold a candle to them.

Make a Man Out of You >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Let It Go

Bonus points if it's the Jackie Chan cover (while Let It Go just got a crappy and generic Demi Lovato cover).

D

Deleted member

Off topic, but guys, any thoughts on Windows 8? It's finally getting a Start menu, which is coming out in August via an update for 8.1 Update 1. News sites claim it's going to be ''Windows 9'', but I doubt it. Now, I posted one drawing in April in Miiverse, regarding Windows 8, and one user named ''Crye'' or something (yep, that) said ''If there was a dislike button in here, I'd use it on this''.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
What are you going on about? Because I don't like one thing, I'm automatically a grouchy guy who hates fun? Okay there Cliff.
I always see you saying you don't like Ghirahim. So you must hate fun too, right? Logic.
You've gone off about a ton of things, not just The Big Bang Theory, soon enough an angry mob consisting of Krystal, Nickelback, half of the people who work for SEGA, the Winnipeg Jets, and Sonic the Werehog may come chasing after you. Ghirahim is just by himself if anyone would go after me, so I'm doin just fine.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Horns is an awesome book. Pretty funny at times. It could very well work as a film... but we'll see.
Yeah, I expect there to be substantive differences in the adaptation, since the book had a non-linear structure. I suspect that the movie be decent at minimum, though.

You read Heart-Shaped Box and N0S4A2? The latter was particularly boss. It would lend itself well to a short miniseries (three installments or whatever).

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Mulan and Aladdin are amazing and Frozen doesn't hold a candle to them.

Make a Man Out of You >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Let It Go

Bonus points if it's the Jackie Chan cover (while Let It Go just got a crappy and generic Demi Lovato cover).
I don't want to watch Frozen. It's more overrated than Chrom's chances in Smash before the Robin trailer.

I don't get how it was able to outsell Spirited Away in Japan. Like what the heck? Disney's crap hasn't even been good since Toy Story 3. Besides that and Up, they've been bad since Wall-e came out.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Off topic, but guys, any thoughts on Windows 8? It's finally getting a Start menu, which is coming out in August via an update for 8.1 Update 1. News sites claim it's going to be ''Windows 9'', but I doubt it. Now, I posted one drawing in April in Miiverse, regarding Windows 8, and one user named ''Crye'' or something (yep, that) said ''If there was a dislike button in here, I'd use it on this''.
Windows 8 is actually very nice on my laptop. Some people really hate it though.

I don't want to watch Frozen. It's more overrated than Chrom's chances in Smash before the Robin trailer.

I don't get how it was able to outsell Spirited Away in Japan. Like what the heck? Disney's crap hasn't even been good since Toy Story 3. Besides that and Up, they've been bad since Wall-e came out.
IM GONNA WRECK IT

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I just realized it said Kid Icarus. I thought it said Fire Emblem.

But yeah, I played it for the Tsundere Silver-Haired and the Green-haired waifu-material side characters.
I just played it for the gameplay and not much else.
The story had some charm though.

Morbid is saying that your list doesn't contain value judgements (opinions); you're just stating plain facts about what you have and haven't seen, in a circuitous way of illustrating that you don't care much for the mainstream of entertainment, and prefer the obscure and eclectic.

Even that much isn't really an opinion, so much as it's a statement of general tastes.
Yeah but....well...It's my party and I can cry if I want to!

D

Deleted member

FULL ALERT UNPOPULAR OPINION HERE

I'm probably the only one that didn't enjoy Toy Story 3.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Off topic,
Huh? :troll:
but guys, any thoughts on Windows 8? It's finally getting a Start menu, which is coming out in August via an update for 8.1 Update 1. News sites claim it's going to be ''Windows 9'', but I doubt it. Now, I posted one drawing in April in Miiverse, regarding Windows 8, and one user named ''Crye'' or something (yep, that) said ''If there was a dislike button in here, I'd use it on this''.
I have Win8 and I have no issues with it.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
You've gone off about a ton of things, not just The Big Bang Theory, soon enough an angry mob consisting of Krystal, Nickelback, half of the people who work for SEGA, the Winnipeg Jets, and Sonic the Werehog may come chasing after you. Ghirahim is just by himself if anyone would go after me, so I'm doin just fine.
Ghirahim can teleport past everyone of those dudes and slice your kneecaps.

gg

D

Deleted member

WINDOWS 8 IS GETTING A START MENU?!?!?!?!

YES!

YES!

THANK ALL THE GODS THAT MAY EXIST IN THIS UNIVERSE!!!

My actual thoughts on windows 8 are that its an OK OS, but the removal of the start menu kills it for me. You can't just remove something that 90% of your users are accustomed to and use daily. I did download a start menu, but the sour taste remains.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Y'know, one scene in Toy Story 3 always has me scared stiff every time I see it no matter how many times I knew how it ends

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You mean Ghirahim and all the people who don't think Krystal is a has a "99.9999% chance" of getting in the game?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
WHOA HOW DARE I HAVE OPINIONS ON THINGS!
Cuz you totally have never had a negative opinion on anything, right buddy?

Also, why would the Jets chase after me? I'm an avid fan of them. Ya dork.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah, I expect there to be substantive differences in the adaptation, since the book had a non-linear structure. I suspect that the movie be decent at minimum, though.

You read Heart-Shaped Box and N0S4A2? The latter was particularly boss. It would lend itself well to a short miniseries (three installments or whatever).
I read Heart-Shaped Box a few years back which is how I got onto Joe Hill, but I've never read N0S4A2. If it's more boss than his other stuff I'll have to pick up a copy! I had no idea that he was King's son until about two years after I read Heart-Shaped Box, and everything started making sense...

D

Deleted member

No. You are never alone, friend. I did not enjoy it either. The only "great" thing about the movie was the cute pink Teddy Bear.
Lotso was a great character. As for my thoughts on the movie, maybe it's my nostalgic bias speaking, but I thought Toy Story 2 was better.

D

Deleted member

My actual thoughts on windows 8 are that its an OK OS, but the removal of the start menu kills it for me. You can't just remove something that 90% of your users are accustomed to and use daily. I did download a start menu, but the sour taste remains.
This is what change pretty much boils down to nowadays

"Oh whats that? You're used to having a familiar feature since the early days? Pfft, you don't need that, heres something new! Stop being entitled!"

D

Deleted member

WINDOWS 8 IS GETTING A START MENU?!?!?!?!

YES!

YES!

THANK ALL THE GODS THAT MAY EXIST IN THIS UNIVERSE!!!

But... it's this.

Microsoft: :troll:
No but you can actually remove the Metro tiles but I don't know how's that going to work out.

Last edited by a moderator:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Smash 4 Social Thread: Unpopular Wrong opinions edition

D

Deleted member

Toy Story 3 was not that great. It felt like they just rehashed the 2 other films.
I dunno about rehashing the first film but it feels like a new "Toy Story 2"

I especially noticed it when the bad guy is a wise and seemingly kind toy with a walking cane that is fuelled by the traumitization of feeling unloved and unwanted, taking their anger out on others. (The Prospector & Lotso)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I LOVE almost all Pixar and Disney films, but I HATE Frozen. I might not have hated it as much if I didn't see "Let it Go" posted every 2 seconds on fb, and all my friends (who have terrible movie taste) blathering on about it. By the time I watched it, everything about it annoyed me. But I love Tangled, which is made by the same people :/

Also Harry Potter is overrated! Woot! ;)

D

Deleted member

I LOVE almost all Pixar and Disney films, but I HATE Frozen. I might not have hated it as much if I didn't see "Let it Go" posted every 2 seconds on fb, and all my friends (who have terrible movie taste) blathering on about it. By the time I watched it, everything about it annoyed me. But I love Tangled, which is made by the same people :/
The only good thing that Frozen has spawned from me

(Bit NSFW)

Also Harry Potter is overrated! Woot! ;)
Call me when they reboot the Harry Potter movies...its almost inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom