• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I didn't like it.

Partially because I had absolutely dafu* idea what was going on.

So, I got Fire Emblem: Awakening.

And I killed Tharja. And Chrom got married to a severely underleveled Sully for no reason whatsoever.

Looks I'm starting a new file.
You should be glad you're at least watching it now. I accidentally spoiled the thing for myself shortly after it came out when I was trying to find out how to spell Homura's name in Japanese to use for my Brawl name. So I found a poor rip of it that randomly changed the subtitles to freakin' SPANISH during one of the most important scenes. I had to guess what was going on from the visual, and given the scene at hand, it really didn't help. It was made even worse by the fact that the language was SPANISH and I was struggling in Spanish class at that point. Even without the Spanish though the subs were kind of bizarre at points, such as "Being Hitomi is suffering." Lesson Learned: Never try and illegally watch a movie immediately after spoiling it.

And that...is exactly what happened on my first save file. I killed both Tharja and Gaius, and Chrom was automatically married to Sully. I did end up giving Sully some levels by pairing her up with Chrom for every level afterward though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Chrom goes best with Olivia, but you have to make sure he doesn't get relationship points with any girl up until that point
Yeah, it's really hard to do but it pays off in the end.
My last file had Kellam standing on a fort getting wailed on by a Barbarian while Olivia danced for Chrom on the opposite side of the map. I did that for 150 turns and reached Olivia's level cap XD.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yeah, it's really hard to do but it pays off in the end.
My last file had Kellam standing on a fort getting wailed on by a Barbarian while Olivia danced for Chrom on the opposite side of the map. I did that for 150 turns and reached Olivia's level cap XD.
Pretty much this. If you're far away enough from the level boss, he won't initiate the attack so you can spam dancing.

@ Pyra Pyra

In terms of levelling up, the DLC is really handy. Unless you'd rather stick to the main story line... then it's all about the reeking box. You'll figure out little ways on your own though. Walling your opponents is really handy for long range attackers. Having weaker characters make the kill gives you a lot of experience, so you can have them do that, then 'rescue' them and they wont be able to be harmed.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I didn't like it.

And I killed Tharja. And Chrom got married to a severely underleveled Sully for no reason whatsoever.

jk but yeah i haven't played it i'm gonna start after i finish some of the others

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Fire Emblem talk just made me randomly think- what would happen if you killed off every available female and Chrom had no one to marry? Though I suppose the game would prevent such a scenario. I almost feel like starting a file just to try it.

D

Deleted member

The Fire Emblem talk just made me randomly think- what would happen if you killed off every available female and Chrom had no one to marry? Though I suppose the game would prevent such a scenario. I almost feel like starting a file just to try it.
He gets married to a random NPC simply called "Maiden."

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
He gets married to a generic village maiden he's never met before.

But I don't have to worry about that because I'm playing n00b no-permadeath mode. :cool:

Edit::4greninja:'d

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
He gets married to a random NPC simply called "Maiden."
Figured as much. At least I don't have to go through the trouble of figuring it out the hard way.

I know on my first playthrough, he just up and married my player character. First time I ever got a forced husband in a game.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Figured as much. At least I don't have to go through the trouble of figuring it out the hard way.

I know on my first playthrough, he just up and married my player character. First time I ever got a forced husband in a game.
Chrom- "You will be my bride!" Avatar- " but i never said i wanted t- " Chrom- "Nope your my bride now"

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
In Fire Emblem: Awakening, I accidentally killed Tharja. I didn't know I was supposed to talk to her. I'll just get her when I make a new file after I beat the game.

Also, random marriage news!
The avatar married Lucina, and Panne married Stahl. I do want Henry to marry, but I don't know who he should marry.

I'm on Chapter 17, I'm pretty sure, and I'm just buying a bunch of reeking boxes so I can level up my weak troops.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I didn't like it.

Chrom marries whatever woman has the highest relationship level when you get to that point in the plot unless he's already married.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I usually don't hate on popular characters but...
I don't understand why anyone would like Ruto...she made that dungeon a chore...

But, anyway, finally, them scans.
I feel like I'm the only one who didn't mind either of the water dungeons in OoT too much. .-.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
She looks interesting now o.o

Anyway, my status on Fire Emblem. I downloaded DLC to help grind my characters for a while. Donnel has gotten pretty strong. Of course, that's because I've been using Kellam to boost him until I can advance his class but still...
Donnel is an extremely powerful unit when he gets up to the higher levels and you take him out of his Villager class. His growth rates are pretty crazy. He was one of my favorite units to blow through things with later in the game.

D

Deleted member

But why would you reclass him out of the villager class? The game is so much more challenging if you permanently leave him as a villager, and only use Donnell. Only other allowed units are units you are forced to use, such as Chrom or Robin.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
But why would you reclass him out of the villager class? The game is so much more challenging if you permanently leave him as a villager, and only use Donnell. Only other allowed units are units you are forced to use, such as Chrom or Robin.
Pretty sure you're never forced to have Robin during the main game.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Donnel is an extremely powerful unit when he gets up to the higher levels and you take him out of his Villager class. His growth rates are pretty crazy. He was one of my favorite units to blow through things with later in the game.
I abandoned him pretty early on because I didn't want to be "babysitting" and he seemed like a generic hillbilly. I didn't know he gets stronger later on. I'll try using him a bit more now that I've started over.

Sorry if this has alreadfy been brought up, but there are too many pages to look through lol.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...g-smash-bros-to-wherever-you-are-at-sdcc.aspx

Pretty cool stuff!!
There's bound to be some kind of catch... :urg: Will it work on a European 3DS? Are they going to use some kind of fancy location tracking to see if you're actually there?

If that's not the case, anyone got a spare Comic-Con selfie I could use? Even if it was from last year I doubt they'd care. Even if someone else already used it, I could claim to be into the photo as well. :upsidedown:

They've fallen into our trap! We're gonna crack it open and those secret characters are ours! :evil: Who's trolling now Samurai!? Bwahahaha! :demon:

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
was this shared already?

Lucina
She has the exact same set of special moves that Marth does, but like Sakurai explained the main difference between Lucina and Marth is that the former’s moves will do the same damage regardless of which part of her blade hits, whereas Marth’s attacks will only do maximum damage if the tip of his blade brushes the opponent.

One very important detail that both the character reveal trailer and Sakurai left out, however, is that you can actually start a match as Lucina with her mask on. In fact, Lucina has a taunt that lets her put on or remove the mask, in a similar fashion to Guile’s “sunglasses” taunt in Ultra Street Fighter 4.

Captain Falcon
Famitsu provides a brief overview of Captain Falcon’s moves. It would appear that not many changes has been made to Captain Falcon’s move set from Super Smash Bros. Brawl to the new verison for Wii U and 3DS.

Robin
Famitsu also provided a very detailed rundown of Robin’s special moves in the game. Check out our translation of the details below:

Robin’s Forward Smash
This move strikes your opponent with Robin’s Thunder Sword. However, as you can only use Robin’s Thunder Sword attacks a certain number of times, once you’ve run out of uses, this attack will hit with a regular bronze sword instead.

Forward air attack
When performing this move, if you were to smash the analog stick in the forward direction, Robin will attack with his Thunder Sword for additional electric damage. But like all of Robin’s Thunder Sword attacks, you can only use the improved version a finite number of times.

Down+B: Nosferatu
Purple-black smog in the shape of a snake appears right in front of Robin when this move is used. If your opponent is hit by it, he or she will be “cursed” by the spell. When a cursed opponent is hit, Robin’s health meter will recover. What’s also interesting is that if the cursed opponent is struck from the back, the amount of health Robin recovers will be larger.

Neutral B: Thunder
Hitting the button once will activate a charging period for Robin’s Thunder spell, and hitting it again will cast it. The amount of time Robin charges will determine the version of the spell cast (Thunder, Elthunder, Arc Thunder, or Tron).

While charging, you can also hit the shield button to cancel the move and store the charge — the next time you hit the B button, Robin will resume charging from wherever you left off previously.

Up+B: Elwind
When this special move is performed in the air, Robin produces two green projectiles that he sends flying downwards, which simultaneously propels him upwards. However, you can only use this move a limited number of times. Once you’ve exceeded the number of uses, Robin will not produce the projectiles or jump higher.

Side+B: Arc Fire
Robin produces a projectile that flies diagonally downwards. When the projectile comes into contact with the stage, an opponent, or an item, it will generate a pillar of fire that spreads upwards, and deal area damage to anyone nearby.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I abandoned him pretty early on because I didn't want to be "babysitting" and he seemed like a generic hillbilly. I didn't know he gets stronger later on. I'll try using him a bit more now that I've started over.
He's a common archtype in Fire Emblem games, being a character that starts off pretty weak and has to be babysitted through earlier levels but has a unusual growth rate that makes them power houses later on in the game. Donnell is able to be reclassed into a Mercenary class which is really where he starts shining if you capped him as a Villager first and take full advantage of that growth rate. The only downside with Donnell is in order to complete this cycle he goes from strictly lances to swords meaning that there is a bit of weapon leveling grinding that has to be done to bring it full circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom