• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Jack in the Box's egg sandwiches are like the holy grail.

Chick-fil-A is like just right behind Jack and Freddy's though. I love their nuggets and fries.

Holy ****ing ****. That is just so goddamned ****ing beautiful.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I can't tell if the stage is going to be a remake of Corneria or Venom from this screen.
Hoping the former.

"Pic of the day. Here's the Great Fox from Star Fox: Assault. I wonder what missions it will conduct. It'll probably have fighters running around on top of it without the pilot's consent."

This is already a good week! Star Fox, F-Zero, or Metroid content is always welcome!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Just when the information we have on Smash starts to become stagnant, Sakurai gives us more news.

I'm definitely going to play a lot of this stage. I haven't played much of Starfox, but this looks great.
It looks like the concept of Corneria, with the aesthetic of Lylat Cruise.

In other words, it's the most gorgeous stage already and I can't wait to see it in action. I wonder if you can still stand on the blasters.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
My favorite food is possibly ramen...or any type of noodle/pasta dish. Favorite fast-food would be In-N-Out or Chick-fil-a. The Habit comes pretty close. I also like McDonald's breakfast...actually, I'd have trouble picking an absolute favorite place to eat.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Couldn't one by peppy?
Well i was just joking. But yeah it could be Peppy.

Though I think since this is in Assault's version of the the ship, and Peppy does retire his role in the Arwing and mans the Great Fox

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well i was just joking. But yeah it could be Peppy.

Though I think since this is in Assault's version of the the ship, and Peppy does retire his role in the Arwing and mans the Great Fox
Oh, I can't tell by looking at it

I just figured it was an update on the graphics rather than a different ship or something

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh, I can't tell by looking at it

I just figured it was an update on the graphics rather than a different ship or something
On Miiverese he mentions Star Fox: Assault by name.

But yeah it's based off of Assault, Peppy retires from Arwing and mans the Great Fox

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Jack in the Box's egg sandwiches are like the holy grail.

Chick-fil-A is like just right behind Jack and Freddy's though. I love their nuggets and fries.

Holy ****ing ****. That is just so goddamned ****ing beautiful.
Damn that stage looks cool.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I decided to buy Kamen Rider G3-X because he was only 20 something dollars

He's not in the Ryuki line I'm collecting, but he's still cool regardless

as a government created "artificial" Kamen Rider

With a Gatling gun

Hong

The Strongest
Everyone in Smash 4 is so floaty. It's kind of strange to look at.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh no! Humans have decided the riders are more dangerous than the monsters and have actively sent out their artificial Kamen Riders G3 and G3-X to protect the monsters

Little do the humans realize that the recent mass suicides have been from the monsters leader deciding that humans no longer deserve to live and wants to kill them all and rebirth humanity from the beginning.

Why don't they do something like this in Power Rangers?

Deciding the Rangers have too much power and deciding to fight against them

What if the people you want to protect decide to go against you

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Everyone in Smash 4 is so floaty. It's kind of strange to look at.
You've never watched Brawl before? :O
I feel like we haven't really seen anything hyper in terms of aerial movement yet (dash jumps in melee/Wario+ in brawl), I don't feel characters have much issue in getting to the ground (definitely faster than Brawl) but rather they aren't traveling as far in the air/are clunky on landing.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
You've never watched Brawl before? :O
I feel like we haven't really seen anything hyper in terms of aerial movement yet (dash jumps in melee/Wario+ in brawl), I don't feel characters have much issue in getting to the ground (definitely faster than Brawl) but rather they aren't traveling as far in the air/are clunky on landing.
I haven't touched Brawl in roughly four years, and I've only been playing 64 and Melee, so yeah my perspective will be a bit off. Just feels like watching Halo with how everyone seems to be on the Moon.

As far gameplay implications are concerned, I prefer higher gravity, myself. Usually means more dying.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I haven't touched Brawl in roughly four years, and I've only been playing 64 and Melee, so yeah my perspective will be a bit off. Just feels like watching Halo with how everyone seems to be on the Moon.

As far gameplay implications are concerned, I prefer lower gravity, myself. Usually means more dying.
I agree that lower gravity is more fun, to an extent.

Still, it's why I prefer to use Lucario and Luigi (and hopefully Lucina) over my other favorites, like Captain Falcon.

Hong

The Strongest
I agree that lower gravity is more fun, to an extent.

Still, it's why I prefer to use Lucario and Luigi (and hopefully Lucina) over my other favorites, like Captain Falcon.
Out of all irony, I'm Samus main in Melee, so in some ways I've been playing Brawl for over a decade.

Did have a pocket Falco for competitive play for a bit, but that just made me feel like a quitter, so I benched him in favour of a pocket Bowser. :)

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Out of all irony, I'm Samus main in Melee, so in some ways I've been playing Brawl for over a decade.

Did have a pocket Falco for competitive play for a bit, but that just made me feel like a quitter, so I benched him in favour of a pocket Bowser. :)
I don't know why, but I suck at Brawl.
I can play Melee really well, but something about Brawl is really difficult for me to grasp.

Like, I was playing FFA stock matches on Melee with some guys I don't know while I was waiting in line at SmashFest, and I won almost every game I played, even when I swapped to characters I had never played before like Samus.

But I can't win match against my friend in Brawl with my best characters. I don't understand what's so radically different.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't know why, but I suck at Brawl.
I can play Melee really well, but something about Brawl is really difficult for me to grasp.

Like, I was playing FFA stock matches on Melee with some guys I don't know while I was waiting in line at SmashFest, and I won almost every game I played, even when I swapped to characters I had never played before like Samus.

But I can't win match against my friend in Brawl with my best characters. I don't understand what's so radically different.
I find if I want to play Brawl it can't be straight after playing Melee. If I play something else inbetween or just wait a bit I can play Brawl fine, but if it's straight after I have to play a couple of matches before I'm competent again. Weirdly though it's not true for the reverse, I seem to have no problem going from Brawl to Melee. Even stranger is the fact I've played a lot more Brawl than I have Melee.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I will say, when Smash 4 was announced and the speed was said to between Melee and Brawl, I was hoping that meant the gravity was as well.

Melee had too much of a pull for me and brawl had too little. It looks like it's pretty much Brawl's. I can deal with it though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
As long as most of Brawl's ugly sound effects are changed for Smash 4, I'll be content.

Actually, they should make a Melee DLC pack for menu skins and sound effects.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hyrule Warriors spoilers.

Sheik, Darunia and Princess Ruto all in Hyrule Warriors!

Darunia is especially exciting!! He's one of my favourite characters.

Tecmo Koei are way too good.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hyrule Warriors spoilers.

Sheik, Darunia and Princess Ruto all in Hyrule Warriors!

Darunia is especially exciting!! He's one of my favourite characters.

Tecmo Koei are way too good.
Is that true? I was rooting for the last one

Why is it spoilers though, even if it is true?

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Well, Cyanide & Happiness just gave me my new avatar for if I ever end up going premium. (I might actually do that if only to use it in its full glory)
539614b2cd540e8f1a21497084c9ca85.png
Actually, in hindsight I don't know why I like it so much. I just kind of do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom