• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I question why it matters, honestly. He can like or dislike whoever he wants.

There is no reason to go crazy over that. It's fine to defend the character and reasons why, but you should still respect his preferences regardless. That's the mature thing to do.
I never went crazy over anything, I believe you're misunderstanding my jest.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I question why it matters, honestly. He can like or dislike whoever he wants.

There is no reason to go crazy over that. It's fine to defend the character and reasons why, but you should still respect his preferences regardless. That's the mature thing to do.
Screw maturity! Someone has an opinion that clashes with mine and that's HIGH TREASON! D<

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So I just woke up.

Saw the Rayman trophy.

Squee'd a little.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't care about the Gematsu leak, but it's foolhardy to deny its plausibility at this point.

How come all of the newcomers except Rosalina match characters stated by the leak?

Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man, Mii Fighters and a Pokémon from X/Y (Greninja) were leaked and eventually revealed. I find it very hard to believe it's a mere coincidence.

That is not to say it's necessarily true, because there's no absolute evidence towards it being 100% true yet, but it's pretty close at this point. What has happened so far is enough to give considerable credibility to the leak, but it's still foolish to say it is factually true.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So how long until the reveal again? I'm actually more excited about the slim chance of something different happening. Though I'd still be hyped about seeing Shulk fight.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I figured Mitsuru would be a good choice for you, then. Didn't care for her playstyle much?

In CSII and Continuum SEX (Read as Continuum Shift Extend), my mains were Ragna, Hazama and Makoto. When I snagged CP and started trying to adapt to the extreme character and engine changes, it became Ragna, Bullet, Terumi and Kagura.

In that order of practice.

I plan on dabbling a bit more in other characters like Noel, Azrael relearning Hazama, but I've been enjoying my current characters too much. Especially Terumi. Sooo much fun. <3

Even if 1.1 did take away some of my favorite combos. >>
My main problem with P4A was the sheer imbalance of it and Mitsuru was a prime candidate of that, sadly. I didn't want to play her for a few reasons, mostly because she was just insane.
I'm also godlike with rapier characters in 3D games... but trash as them in 2D games.

In CS:X for me, it was Noel all the way, until I discovered an infinite (untechable) as Jin. In CP, I plan to main Kokonoe. Just because she's Kokonoe. That also seems to be a major recurring theme for me. If I like a character, I will put unbelievable amounts of effort into learning that character, until I stubbornly get good through sheer hours put into them. Noel and Tsubaki in Ce:X are the major people here and I plan to do it with Rosalina in Smash too. (I also did it in Melee with Young Link.)

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I don't care about the Gematsu leak, but it's foolhardy to deny its plausibility at this point.

How come all of the newcomers except Rosalina match characters stated by the leak?

Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Palutena, Pac-Man, Mii Fighters and a Pokémon from X/Y (Greninja) were leaked and eventually revealed. I find it very hard to believe it's a mere coincidence.

That is not to say it's necessarily true, because there's no absolute evidence towards it being 100% true yet, but it's pretty close at this point. What has happened so far is enough to give considerable credibility to the leak, but it's still foolish to say it is factually true.
You refuted your own declaration in the fourth paragraph.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

A lot are saying that he had no chance to reveal Rosalina since he only did that during e3. But now he's giving out information outside of e3, so he clearly didn't leak her regardless and clearly could have. He's not telling us everything, plain and simple. Also, by not telling us everything, people can still be surprised, so I am not complaining here.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
No, the creator has mainly tweeted stuff related to Xenoblade. It's a bit more significant at the moment.

@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi and @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux : Guys, this is ridiculous. They're fictional characters. It's not worth hating someone over. There are real issues that exist that might be worth finding someone not worthy of your respect.(like Homophobia) But a simple character? Hey, I hate Chrom. Guess what? I don't disrespect anyone who likes them by stating this. If they like them, they have every right to and I have zero issues over it. That's how simple this is.
Hasn't he tweeted about like every Nintendo direct?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You refuted your own declaration in the fourth paragraph.
If you were reading carefully, you'd have realized how I'm not defending the leak.

What I'm saying is (and forgive me if I'm not being clear) that the leak is very likely to be true, but not absolutely true. The only way the leak can be considered as completely true is when everything the leak states becomes reality, which is not the case.

You can't say it's 100% fake and you can't say it's 100% true. Not at this point. Whether you think it's true or not is a mere opinion. There's evidence enough to prove both sides of the leak's validity.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmmm. Regarding the leaker guy, I'd personally wouldn't out right believe everything he says. I always take this kind of stuff with a grain of salt. But he has been right about most characters so far, sans Rosalina. So if even if everything he says is true, there's still some things he might not know. Or he's keeping some stuff secret.

Morbi

Scavenger
If you were reading carefully, you'd have realized how I'm not defending the leak.

What I'm saying is (and forgive me if I'm not being clear) that the leak is very likely to be true, but not absolutely true. The only way the leak can be considered as completely true is when everything the leak states becomes reality, which is not the case.

You can't say it's 100% fake and you can't say it's 100% true. Not at this point. Whether you think it's true or not is a mere opinion. There's evidence enough to prove both sides of the leak's validity.
If you were reading carefully, you'd have realized how I'm not insinuating that you did.

Agreed.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
My main problem with P4A was the sheer imbalance of it and Mitsuru was a prime candidate of that, sadly. I didn't want to play her for a few reasons, mostly because she was just insane.
I'm also godlike with rapier characters in 3D games... but trash as them in 2D games.

In CS:X for me, it was Noel all the way, until I discovered an infinite (untechable) as Jin. In CP, I plan to main Kokonoe. Just because she's Kokonoe. That also seems to be a major recurring theme for me. If I like a character, I will put unbelievable amounts of effort into learning that character, until I stubbornly get good through sheer hours put into them. Noel and Tsubaki in Ce:X are the major people here and I plan to do it with Rosalina in Smash too. (I also did it in Melee with Young Link.)
I bet you mained Raphael and Amy in Soul Calibur, didn't you? ¦D

Anywho...Yeaaah, P4A wasn't exactly pinpoint on the balance line with it's cast. Especially with Misturu, Naoto, Aigis and sometimes...ugh, Kanji. Maybe it was just me, but whenever I closely watched matches with it, it seemed like he just had way too many options and did way too much damage. He's awesome. Too awesome.

Still, none of them matched up to the absolute abomination that was Teddie. I SERIOUSLY hope he's been balanced out now.

Going back to Blazblue, I've always loved Noel as a character gameplay and story wise, but I often had a hard time figuring out her combos. Blind Ginger Girl Ragna the Hakumen Fangirl Brocon Tsubaki was extremely easy for me to pick up, but I never really stuck with her since I felt I wasn't enjoying her as much. I still love watching people like Kuresu reek havoc with her, though.

It's a shame, I love Tsubaki's design and fighting style and Asami Imai has a beautiful singing voice...But I absolutely hate her as a character story wise. Especially after CP's story. I will have no sympathy at all if she still ends up dying in the last game somehow.

And yeah, I definitely play, study and learn the characters who I personally like, too. That's why I use Sonic, Mario, Falcon, Marth and Ike most of the time. Though for PM, that list is muuuuch longer...And since I only play PM, I should go by that, but Mewtwo and Roy are definitely high up on the list with those guys alongside Lucario, Wolf and Ganon.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
No, the creator has mainly tweeted stuff related to Xenoblade. It's a bit more significant at the moment.

@ Jason the Yoshi Jason the Yoshi and @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux : Guys, this is ridiculous. They're fictional characters. It's not worth hating someone over. There are real issues that exist that might be worth finding someone not worthy of your respect.(like Homophobia) But a simple character? Hey, I hate Chrom. Guess what? I don't disrespect anyone who likes them by stating this. If they like them, they have every right to and I have zero issues over it. That's how simple this is.
Neither one of us said anything about hating each other, we're just entitled to our own opinions. I for one hate Snake, but I don't want him to get cut, because cuts are highly undesireable. Hell, I don't want ANYONE cut from the game, it's bad enough that the Pokemon Trainer had to get the axe.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Another thing we share in common. I do believe that you are my soulmate, dear Kenith.
Unless Kenith is actually a little girl, I don't think he's much of a match for your current self, Morbid. ¦D

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Neither one of us said anything about hating each other, we're just entitled to our own opinions. I for one hate Snake, but I don't want him to get cut, because cuts are highly undesireable. Hell, I don't want ANYONE cut from the game, it's bad enough that the Pokemon Trainer had to get the axe.
I would have gladly brought the axe upon Pokemon Trainer's head myself.

I used Talim!
Nice choice. She was my secondary in SC2.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I used Talim!
HIGHFIIIIIVE~!

Talim was one of the characters I used. I also used Siegfried, Nightmare, Voldo and Ivy.

And Link in SCII~ <3

Oh yeah, and Sophitia, Cassandra and Lizardman.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Unless Kenith is actually a little girl, I don't think he's much of a match for your current self, Morbid. ¦D
Obscure references that no one but you and I will understand. :cool:

But seriously, if Kenith is a little boy that cross-dresses, I might reconsider by "accident."

HIGHFIIIIIVE~!

Talim was one of the characters I used. I also used Siegfried, Nightmare, Voldo and Ivy.

And Link in SCII~ <3

Do not forget about Misturugi, the best Soul Calibur character.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
HIGHFIIIIIVE~!

And Link in SCII~ <3

I liked Seigfried and Nightmare cause I could destroy butts from a distance.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I would have gladly brought the axe upon Pokemon Trainer's head myself.
Personally, I'd have gladly replaced him with a completely different Trainer and all new Pokemon. Giovanni/Rocket Trainer with a Raticate, Meowth, and a Golbat for both Up B's, showing off all 3 levels. Well, that was before Mega Pokemon, so...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So... pretty exciting morning, amirite? Also, I still hardly know anything about Shulk but after doing a little bit of research about him over the weekend I'm tickled pink that he has a thick British accent and this alone makes me like the character. " 'allo, moy naim es Shulk and dis be me sword da Mon-nah-doh." (Please don't hate me English/British Smashers.) The music for Xenoblade is pretty bomb-diggity too so it'll be a welcome addition to a soundtrack that will probably be just as legendary as Brawl's.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know this really isn't relevant, but it's one of my favorite scenes from SpongeBob.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Persona 4 arena is one of the best novels I've read in recent years.

And I main Talim in Soul Calibur! *gives skaaa high five*
And Amy is my secondary! *gives KenithAultruism a high five*

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I was saddened when she wasn't in Soul Calibur 5.
One more reason why 2 was the best one and 3 was the last decent one.

4? We don't talk about that. ¦(

Obscure references that no one but you and I will understand. :cool:

But seriously, if Kenith is a little boy that cross-dresses, I might reconsider by "accident."

Do not forget about Misturugi, the best Soul Calibur character.
WE'RE MODERN STRANGE COWBOYS!

And I knew I was forgetting someone important! That deliciously sexy conglomerate of manliness, Misturugi! D:

Yes. Loved him. ¦(

I liked Seigfried and Nightmare cause I could destroy butts from a distance.
I liked them because of their moves where they would stomp on the opponent. Twas funny. ¦D

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Kilik and Mitsurugi are my faves. I usually like the oddballs, but these two really work for me.

I also like the pirate... whatever his name is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom