• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's PST.

For EST (for me, at least) it's 10 am.
You do know that there are multiple time zones in the US, right? It's 7 Pacific. It'll be 9 for me.

You wind this round Kenith. :troll:
He said 7am Pacific US Time. There's multiple US times. For me, it'll happen at 9am in my particular time zone. It's also possible he made a mistake or his translator simply got it wrong. The actual site has the proper amount of time to wait.
Well.... BEEP. Well I go by est but I thought he meant est time. Well then 2 hours it is. The suppense is killin me.!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Luckily I've never had anyone go off at me for not using US English
Well.... BEEP. Well I go by est but I thought he meant est time. Well then 2 hours it is. The suppense is killin me.!
3 hours

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm actually still learning bits and pieces of the other side o' English, since I regrettably don't actually live there.

Certainly easier than learning a new language, anyway. Kanjiiiii!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People get separated by a common language, indeed.

And what happens between Americans and Brits, also happens with Portuguese and Brazilians. Considering the differences between EU Portuguese and BR Portuguese are greater than between UK English and US English...

Worse still is when some words are inoffensive in one dialect may be insulting in another.

Anyway, 3 hours left. I'm hyped.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
People get separated by a common language, indeed.

And what happens between Americans and Brits, also happens with Portuguese and Brazilians. Considering the differences between EU Portuguese and BR Portuguese are greater than between UK English and US English...

Worse still is when some words are inoffensive in one dialect may be insulting in another.

Anyway, 3 hours left. I'm hyped.
You just had to link to TV Tropes.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Thank you for warning me that that was a link to TVTropes. I just get absorbed into that site and the next thing I know, 5 hours have passed.
I got a like AND a "Thank you" from Backgammon firs thing in the morning?

My whole day has officially been made. It's so nice to be slightly acknowledged by people you respect. <3

Ah, and you're welcome. I'm a multi-tasker so jumping in and out of TVTropes is a piece of cake for me.

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I don't get the reference...
The character's name is Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4.

The text is a reference to a fancomic that really picked up popularity in the Persona fandom and Kanji, constantly throughout, denies his sexuality by just saying in a really threatening way "Are you saying I like dudes?".

I got a like AND a "Thank you" from Backgammon firs thing in the morning?

My whole day has officially been made. It's so nice to be slightly acknowledged by people you respect. <3

Ah, and you're welcome. I'm a multi-tasker so jumping in and out of TVTropes is a piece of cake for me.
Whhaaa? Why me? I'm just a random poster. Compared to you, I'm an unknown around here, senpai!

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I really don't understand whats with all this "Will Ray-man be playable" theories. Granted, just with the simple addition of third party trophies throws speculation out the window, but still.

Also, for those who believe Sal, the newcomer for the next trailer was already leaked so Ray-man seems pretty unlikely. I guess you never know though.

For those who missed who Sal leaked.
Sal leaked it was Shulk being revealed today.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Whhaaa? Why me? I'm just a random poster. Compared to you, I'm an unknown around here, senpai!
Shush, now let me tell you somethin'.

In seriousness though, you just tend to have some of the more calm and intelligent posts in some places I've seen you around. Eh, I dunno, I think you're cool. Is that bad? ¦D

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lol, really?? Did he also leak that the moon would rise tonight?

Give me a break. You know what? Him saying that actually makes me believe him less.
After it was tweeted that he could show up on this exact day... yeah, just ignore it. There's no reason to believe Sal's leaker didn't simply just look at the tweet and take a guess. It's highly unlikely he still works at Nintendo, and this is really poor timing on his part. If he's wrong, you can kiss his credibility good bye. If he's right, it means nothing due to the fact it was already tweeted.

Also, for whatever reason, this site is taking forever for me to write anything on this forum. I just got this computer. I know I'm using adblock, but that should not make the site go this damn slow. :|

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
After it was tweeted that he could show up on this exact day... yeah, just ignore it. There's no reason to believe Sal's leaker didn't simply just look at the tweet and take a guess. It's highly unlikely he still works at Nintendo, and this is really poor timing on his part. If he's wrong, you can kiss his credibility good bye. If he's right, it means nothing due to the fact it was already tweeted.
Wait, did they indirectly confirm Shulk or something?

Anyway, I'm glad you got my point. This is basically

Internet: "They're gonna reveal Shulk. There was a retweet and everything!"
Sal: "Hey guys, new info, Shulk's getting revealed."
*Shulk is revealed*
Internet: "ARE YOU A PROPHET"

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
Shush, now let me tell you somethin'.

In seriousness though, you just tend to have some of the more calm and intelligent posts in some places I've seen you around. Eh, I dunno, I think you're cool. Is that bad? ¦D
Aw, thanks! That actually cheered me up quite a bit. c:

I dunno, I just tend to post my mind, really.

But apparently people seem to like what I post. P:

I'm just glad that someone likes me, aha, I usually get nervous whenever I join a new forums or something that I won't make any new friends or anything.

Also, hard way, please.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Aw, thanks! That actually cheered me up quite a bit. c:

I dunno, I just tend to post my mind, really.

But apparently people seem to like what I post. P:

I'm just glad that someone likes me, aha, I usually get nervous whenever I join a new forums or something that I won't make any new friends or anything.

Also, hard way, please.
D'aaww, that's settles it. I totally want you as my new buddy. XD

With that said, you hyped for P4A2? ¦3

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wait, did they indirectly confirm Shulk or something?

Anyway, I'm glad you got my point. This is basically

Internet: "They're gonna reveal Shulk. There was a retweet and everything!"
Sal: "Hey guys, new info, Shulk's getting revealed."
*Shulk is revealed*
Internet: "ARE YOU A PROPHET"
Pretty much. It's horrible timing on the leaker's part since we pretty much knew it already due to those tweeters. Or could guess it. Him seeing the tweets makes it obvious what the case will be. Here's the thing; Let's say it's not Shulk. That means he clearly was using the tweets as "evidence" and was blatantly taking a guess and considered it safe enough. The thing is, even if it's true, why wouldn't have done the same anyway? He never should've said Shulk was coming, as there's pretty much no way for us to think he had insider information due to the tweets already telling us beforehand. If he had given us the e-mail well before any tweet, then yes, he might've had credibility.(and if it was wrong, things changed on him again and it would do little to hurt him) Right now? Might as well just ignore everything he said since it's not worth thinking about.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
So what are the chances of Snake coming back now that third-parties can just show up unwillingly in the game? Besides I doubt Sakurai would just leave a Snake trophy in the game despite him being playable in the last game and having a completely original moveset. Either he's in the game as a character or all traces of Metal Gear are gone.

Unless that asshole pulls a Mewtwo and we all clamor for him to return in Smash 5.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pretty much. It's horrible timing on the leaker's part since we pretty much knew it already due to those tweeters. Or could guess it. Him seeing the tweets makes it obvious what the case will be. Here's the thing; Let's say it's not Shulk. That means he clearly was using the tweets as "evidence" and was blatantly taking a guess and considered it safe enough. The thing is, even if it's true, why wouldn't have done the same anyway? He never should've said Shulk was coming, as there's pretty much no way for us to think he had insider information due to the tweets already telling us beforehand. If he had given us the e-mail well before any tweet, then yes, he might've had credibility.(and if it was wrong, things changed on him again and it would do little to hurt him) Right now? Might as well just ignore everything he said since it's not worth thinking about.
Just so we're clear, what were those tweets, exactly? Do you have the links?

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
D'aaww, that's settles it. I totally want you as my new buddy. XD

With that said, you hyped for P4A2? ¦3
Hell yeah! I mained Yukiko in P4A and it looks like she's gotten buffed this time.
Majorly hyped for playable Adachi and Rise, too.

Two hours until reveal, guys! No matter who it is, I think we're pretty much all agreed that it's gonna be awesome. Why? Because its Smash. Sakurai hasn't disappointed so far and with a big team in the form of Namco, I have no doubts whatsoever that he's gonna deliver again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom