• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I semi agree with your post. Except the part with removing the other characters.

Mario has tons of characters and you don't see people whining about them 24/7. Chill out with the ones in Sonic's universe. Look at the freaking comics which have tenfold of the games do and people don't complain there.

Sonic fans expect all Sonic games these days to just feature SONIC AND NO FRIENDS. Which is.. Boring
Well, I should go more into detail now I suppose. I only mentioned the big 4(besides eggman) because they stand out the most and have all been in since the classics. But I wouldn't mind to bring in some of the more popular ones like Shadow or Blaze, or even Silver since he has so much potential. I meant more so to get rid of the characters people tend to hate. Sorry for not being more specific within that earlier post.

Edit: Chris comes to mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ugh.

Anyway, on the topic of Sonic, I'm going to try a conversation starter, even though that failed horribly this morning.

So you can choose four main series characters to return for Sonic Boom. Assuming the obvious Rouge, Shadow, and Silver would be in as side characters as well, who are your four picks?

I choose:
1. Espio the Chameleon
2. Mighty the Armadillo
3. Vector the Crocodile
4. Charmy Bee

Your argument is invalid.
Honestly? No real objections.

Although I'd rather just forget Sonic Boom exists, here are my picks:

1. Blaze the Cat
2. Blaze the Cat
3. Blaze the Cat
4. Blaze the Cat

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Well, I should go more into detail now I suppose. I only mentioned the big 4(besides eggman) because they stand out the most and have all been in since the classics. But I wouldn't mind to bring in some of the more popular ones like Shadow or Blaze, or even Silver since he has so much potential. I meant more so to get rid of the characters people tend to hate. Sorry for not being more specific within that earlier post.
Thats perfectly fine. My response was a little livid, and I apologize. I've had to deal with so much Sonic fandom in my life I have an instant defense for like everything lol

D

Deleted member

Thats perfectly fine. My response was a little livid, and I apologize. I've had to deal with so much Sonic fandom in my life I have an instant defense for like everything lol
Yeah you and me both. Sonic is one of those series I follow very closely, and it's a frightening place for sure.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That would have been the point, though.

Make the game ridiculously campy and "edgy" on purpose to be funny.
Sort of like Ride to Hell, but not extremely misogynistic.
But that wouldn't be how Sega would've made it. Sure, it'd be nice. Heck I'd be all for it, I love a good comedy.
Though looking at how it was supposed to be and how it is now that doesn't seem to be the case. They would've taken it seriously. Even if we didn't.

Early Sonic X he kinda hogged (pardon the pun) the spot light.

Later Sonic X was a bit better, and was when we got Cosmo so all was good.
Honestly I found Cosmo to be annoying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey, I think I can actually afford a 3DS XL! Now I need to decide if I actually want one... Maybe wait until Smash 3DS comes out to see how playable it is on a standard screen first?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But that wouldn't be how Sega would've made it. Sure, it'd be nice. Heck I'd be all for it, I love a good comedy.
Though looking at how it was supposed to be and how it is now that doesn't seem to be the case. They would've taken it seriously. Even if we didn't.
I know that's not what it was, or what it was intended to be.

That's just how I wanted it to be.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I actually quite liked her, especially with her and Tails's arc. I found it to be some of the best written stuff in Sonic X actually
It could just be how 4Kids made her, but she always felt a bit too whiny for my tastes. Granted she wasn't as annoying as Chris, but I remember her not doing much. Other than being whiny and a forced girlfriend for Tails. Though admittedly the last few episodes I didn't mind her, even if 4Kids downplayed the whole ordeal.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I just want SEGA to make Sonic Adventure 3 with the Metarex Saga involved, but I'd beg them not to have it end the same way.
We'll still be hanging on for Adventure 3. its our half-life 3 really.

Also I just realized the funnier part of me linking something Resident Evil related. Sonic's current VA Roger Craig Smith is also Chris Redfields VA. So loool unintentional

It could just be how 4Kids made her, but she always felt a bit too whiny for my tastes. Granted she wasn't as annoying as Chris, but I remember her not doing much. Other than being whiny and a forced girlfriend for Tails. Though admittedly the last few episodes I didn't mind her, even if 4Kids downplayed the whole ordeal.
This is why I switched to Japanese for Sonic X lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

CHRIS REDFIELD CONFIRMED. HE'S REPLACING LEON S. KENNEDY FROM BRAWL.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Jill Valentine is more of a man than Chris Redfield.

I played both characters in the original Resident Evil.
In both scenarios you can get poisoned by the giant snake.

When Chris gets poisoned, he immediately collapses on the ground, and the medic, Rebecca, has to get the antidote.

When Jill gets poisoned, she's all like, "oh, am I poisoned?" and goes and gets the damn antidote herself.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Jill Valentine is more of a man than Chris Redfield.

I played both characters in the original Resident Evil.
In both scenarios you can get poisoned by the giant snake.

When Chris gets poisoned, he immediately collapses on the ground, and the medic, Rebecca, has to get the antidote.

When Jill gets poisoned, she's all like, "oh, am I poisoned?" and goes and gets the damn antidote herself.
But did she punch a boulder.

Twewy

Smash Lord
So I just beat Fable 2, and I have to say...that was one of the weakest endings I've ever witnessed.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
No.

But she did tackle Wesker off of a mansion on top of a mountain, which is way more of accomplishment, as that's basically like punching a boulder with a gun and sunglasses.

And she did it without steroids.
That is pretty legit I have to say.

I always liked Claire more then Chris of the Redfield family anyways :p

D

Deleted member

Toot Toot Sonic Warrior deserves it more.
Having never played a Sonic game outside of the genesis ones, I have no idea what that song is. I only know Sonic Boom because it was in Brawl. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom