• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Apparently some cops in California tricked an autistic kid into buying weed for them so they could arrest the kid.

They tricked some autistic kid by "befriending him", this kid desperate for a friend

Then threatened to leave if he did not buy them weed

Then instructed the kid how to buy weed

Then arrested him upon buying it
That's just wrong

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Apparently some cops in California tricked an autistic kid into buying weed for them so they could arrest the kid.

They tricked some autistic kid by "befriending him", this kid desperate for a friend

That's ****ed up.
My thoughts exactly.

D

Deleted member

So...when are the cops going to get arrested? Never? Well crud, looks like I have no hope for humanity again...

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
My parents were kind of iffy about letting me play Melee because of the T rating. I had the same problem with Left 4 Dead 2 when I was 15.

Ah, the joys of growing up in what could be the setting of King of the Hill.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I disagree.

I am highly disappointed the game did not become the "Shadow's Bad Fur Day" I was anticipating.
See, but here's the thing. "Bad Fur Day", while Mature, at least tried to be something interesting. It used the mature rating to it's advantage. Making jokes and memorable characters (Like the Great Mighty Poo).

All Shadow the Hedgehog did was use swearing and guns to be in with the cool kids. They could've done something interesting with it (heck, maybe even lampshading the concept), but instead they just went with the boring generic route all in an attempt to make Shadow cooler then he really is.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For the little I've played of Shadow the Hedgehog, I can tell that game was really trying too hard be "cool", "dark" and "edgy".

Don't get me wrong, I like darker and edgier characters, but like everything, only when done right.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
My parents just weren't controlling like that. Granted, I'm a bit older than the average poster here I think (I was born in 1988), but even still... It just doesn't make sense for parents to stress over which video games their kids play. My parents didn't like the idea of violent video games so much, but they also didn't really keep track of what I was playing at all (it was mostly pretty friendly Nintendo stuff, but they wouldn't really have known if it wasn't). That was a wise road; me being able to experience media as I sought it out, including anything I might find on the completely uncensored internet, was important to me being able to grow into an adult capable of thinking for himself. I truly fear for every child who only experiences the world through the lens carefully crafted by his parents and not as it truly is...

Even if we move beyond the bad parenting style that is trying to control what your kids do, the ESRB still doesn't make any sense. There's no valid scientific evidence that violent video games cause any social ills at all, and it's not from a lack of looking. Despite the massive rise in prevalence of such games, violent crime is now the lowest that it has been in the entirety of human history. Some studies have shown that playing such games causes a slight increase in temporary aggressiveness (almost like playing an intense game gets your adreneline pumping), but no study has ever shown any detrimental long term effects whatsoever. If the evidence pretty universally fails to show that violence in video games causes any problems at all, why do we even need a concept of "mature" games? Very young children might find very violent games scary and hence wouldn't enjoy them, but beyond that, I really can't see any problems with kids of any age playing any games. It would be better if the ESRB did not exist.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
See, but here's the thing. "Bad Fur Day", while Mature, at least tried to be something interesting. It used the mature rating to it's advantage. Making jokes and memorable characters (Like the Great Mighty Poo).

All Shadow the Hedgehog did was use swearing and guns to be in with the cool kids. They could've done something interesting with it (heck, maybe even lampshading the concept), but instead they just went with the boring generic route all in an attempt to make Shadow cooler then he really is.
I know that.

That's why it disappoints me. Because of what it is, and not what it could have been.

D

Deleted member

I just went to my profile, and according to my lying about my age when I first joined, I'm 3 years older than I actually am. Great work Blue of 4 years ago -__-

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
Shadow the Hedgehog would stick out in my mind as being so bad it's good if "FIND THE COMPUTER ROOM" and "YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY, THE MORE THE MERRIER" weren't permanently echoing in my eardrums.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know that.

That's why it disappoints me. Because of what it is, and not what it could have been.
But here's the thing. Even if they had everything still in, what would it do?
Like I said, Bad Fur Day used the explicit content for laughs. It tried to make something new.
Even if StH still retained everything before being toned down, it would still be the same. Nothing changed. It would still look like a vain attempt at being "mature".

D

Deleted member

Darn. I can't find the video that made me watch Madoka in the first place... Don't ask me why I'm looking for it; I don't know myself, and it is better than watching Football/Soccer...

D

Deleted member

You know what we need? A Silver the Hedgehog game!:troll: But seriously if they do it right it could be pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got my bootleg NECA Ninja Turtles

For the most part they look good

The bandana's have some paint problems - sort of. It looks intentional to me but kind of looks off

and Don's Bo has some pain problems, but it actually looks quite good with then

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
My favorite Sonic character is Metal Sonic. And then Chaos 0. I just want my Chao Garden back!

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Hello all. Whats the topic? Oh Sonic?

Chao Gardens were fun. I was highly disappointed when they were taken out in Heroes.

I still enjoyed Heroes though

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
There is quite the good Sonic hack staring Silver

The S Factor. It's quite good

Edit: I'm redundant

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
But here's the thing. Even if they had everything still in, what would it do?
Like I said, Bad Fur Day used the explicit content for laughs. It tried to make something new.
Even if StH still retained everything before being toned down, it would still be the same. Nothing changed. It would still look like a vain attempt at being "mature".
That would have been the point, though.

Make the game ridiculously campy and "edgy" on purpose to be funny.
Sort of like Ride to Hell, but not extremely misogynistic.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Oh God, I had that problem in my first playthrough. I never finished my first playthrough.
You can at least not like me.. Say you've played through multiple times for the lols

But in 06 I enjoy the OST and Shadow's Story too much to totally put it all down.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
You can at least not like me.. Say you've played through multiple times for the lols

But in 06 I enjoy the OST and Shadow's Story too much to totally put it all down.
I never unlocked Shadow's story haha. I encountered so many bugs and glitches. I should try it again, but prefer to just listen to the OST lol

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Ugh.

Anyway, on the topic of Sonic, I'm going to try a conversation starter, even though that failed horribly this morning.

So you can choose four main series characters to return for Sonic Boom. Assuming the obvious Rouge, Shadow, and Silver would be in as side characters as well, who are your four picks?

I choose:
1. Espio the Chameleon
2. Mighty the Armadillo
3. Vector the Crocodile
4. Charmy Bee

Your argument is invalid.

D

Deleted member

On the subject of Sonic, I really hope Sonic Team's next game is going to be Mario 3D World type game with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and adventure style gampley. Not necessarily multiplier, but they could do a lot with branching paths depending on the character you choose. Heck, make the special stages a 3 lane quickstep kind of thing just to bring in some unleash style gameplay to the mix. Oh and one more thing, story reboot to get rid of most of the other characters. This would be a dream come true.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ugh.

Anyway, on the topic of Sonic, I'm going to try a conversation starter, even though that failed horribly this morning.

So you can choose four main series characters to return for Sonic Boom. Assuming the obvious Rouge, Shadow, and Silver would be in as side characters as well, who are your four picks?

I choose:
1. Espio the Chameleon
2. Mighty the Armadillo
3. Vector the Crocodile
4. Charmy Bee

1. Blaze The Cat
2. Espio the Chameleon
3. Honey the Cat (Thank you for putting her in the HD version of The Fighters Sega)
4. Vector

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
On the subject of Sonic, I really hope Sonic Team's next game is going to be Mario 3D World type game with Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and adventure style gampley. Not necessarily multiplier, but they could do a lot with branching paths depending on the character you choose. Heck, make the special stages a 3 lane quickstep kind of thing just to bring in some unleash style gameplay to the mix. Oh and one more thing, story reboot to get rid of most of the other characters. This would be a dream come true.
I semi agree with your post. Except the part with removing the other characters.

Mario has tons of characters and you don't see people whining about them 24/7. Chill out with the ones in Sonic's universe. Look at the freaking comics which have tenfold of the games do and people don't complain there.

Sonic fans expect all Sonic games these days to just feature SONIC AND NO FRIENDS. Which is.. Boring

D

Deleted member

Ugh.

I choose:
1. Espio the Chameleon
2. Mighty the Armadillo
3. Vector the Crocodile
4. Charmy Bee

1. Blaze the Cat
2. Espio the Chameleon
3. Cream the Rabbit
4. Jet the Hawk

D

Deleted member

1. Original the Character
  2. Original the Character
  3. Original the Character
  4. My own original character, Blonic

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I semi agree with your post. Except the part with removing the other characters.

Mario has tons of characters and you don't see people whining about them 24/7. Chill out with the ones in Sonic's universe. Look at the freaking comics which have tenfold of the games do and people don't complain there.

Sonic fans expect all Sonic games these days to just feature SONIC AND NO FRIENDS. Which is.. Boring
We need more freinds.

Nay, we need someone Mighty.

A fourth member for the chaotix.

An old freind of Sonic, Knuckles, and Espio's.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Ugh.

I choose:
1. Espio the Chameleon
2. Mighty the Armadillo
3. Vector the Crocodile
4. Charmy Bee

1. Blaze the Cat
2. Cosmo
3. Cream the Rabbit
4. Chris

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic was originally going to have a human love interest named Madonna in Sonic 1

They should bring HER back

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom