• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I feel like it's necessary to recruit an army of Mii Fighters made in the likeness of characters people wanted but didn't get in.
The salty tears of people who find Miis pointless are a much better reward than anything elseI MEAN HEY GUYS

Tomorrow's pic of the day will be a /really/ long down smash.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
I feel like it's necessary to recruit an army of Mii Fighters made in the likeness of characters people wanted but didn't get in.
The salty tears of people who find Miis pointless are a much better reward than anything elseI MEAN HEY GUYS

Tomorrow's pic of the day will be a /really/ long down smash.
Down-smashes don't tend to go down really so it'd probably be more of a down-air. In which case it would be Mega Man, who seems to have a ridiculous ranged meteor smash as his down-air. Which is just a little bit awesome.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Down-smashes don't tend to go down really so it'd probably be more of a down-air. In which case it would be Mega Man, who seems to have a ridiculous ranged meteor smash. Which is just a little bit awesome.
Down smashes are notorious for going to either side, correct?
It'll just span the length of the stage on either side of the character.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Must. Catch. Up. On. Doctor Who.

I recently watched a few episodes from 2006, and it keeps getting me more interested with each episode.

It also seems to air early in the morning among it's other air times too. Which is great, there aren't many other shows that I like that are usually on in the morning.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Actually, I only just realized something hilarious about Palutena's inclusion. This means that a monkey, a small electric rodent, a person the size of a penny and a boxer can all KO a freaking goddess. Kind of ridiculous.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Must. Catch. Up. On. Doctor Who.

I recently watched a few episodes from 2006, and it keeps getting me more interested with each episode.

It also seems to air early in the morning among it's other air times too. Which is great, there aren't many other shows that I like that are usually on in the morning.
They have ever episode from the 9th doctor on except the movies on Netflix

Last edited:

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I tried watching the Dr. Who reboot and it's just droll, sub-par to the 1980s British sci-fi, especially from the likes of Douglas Adams.

Come at me Whoovians

pickle962

Smash Lord
So while on the topic of Kid Icarus, I finally got around to beating Chapter 9 on "Infernal" difficulty (7.0-7.9) without dying at all. Boy talk about almost buying it back there once or twice! Oh and one would think tough enemies like Reapers and Clubberskulls would fall to the power of the Three Sacred Treasures much like the Orne (The one enemy you otherwise can't kill period!) does, but nooooooooo! Ahh well, I got like 10,000 more hearts then I had before and I'm sitting on a score of 600,000 something for that chapter. :) And then you know who crashed my celebration party

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Palutena's Up Smash reminds me of Black Mage's Up Smash from Super Smash Flash 2.

And I'm pretty sure Palutena has SOME kind of flaw to balance her out.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
So. Much. Playable. Female. Characters.
Yeah, I've definitely notice that this is becoming a "girls" game lol
And one more reason to me to absolutely get this game.

Thanks for the share, man. I was hoping for this!
So, what is the deal with Skyward Sword? I hear so many mixed reviews on it (haven't played it myself). Why is it so mixed as far as critical reception?

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Motion controls.
Hand-holding.
Too linear.
No recognizable music.
Sexually confused villain.

Among other complaints.
Hmm. interesting. well anyways, I'm excited for Hyrule Warriors. I know it isn't traditional Zelda, but at least it's not replacing the Zelda we know and love. The Zelda Wii U comes out next year, think people don't see it that way though.

Prince Longstrok

Taker of lives, defiler of daughters.
I really wanted to enjoy Skyward Sword, but...

Well lets just say its annoying to kill an enemy that requires a specific movement of the wiimote when the damn thing rarely works the way it is supposed to.

Please developers, jam the motion controls down my throat more. No really, I enjoy not being able to enjoy the game because you want to show people "no really, motion controls were not a bad investment we swear!"

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

Well lets just say its annoying to kill an enemy that requires a specific movement of the wiimote when the damn thing rarely works the way it is supposed to.

Please developers, jam the motion controls down my throat more. No really, I enjoy not being able to enjoy the game because you want to show people "no really, motion controls were not a bad investment we swear!"
You're ranting and you have Kratos as your profile pic.

Is this irony?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You could just wait for the enemy to attack you then shield bash it, which stuns them, then slash like a maniac.
It works for 99% of the enemies. The only time specific gestures are needed are for some bosses and puzzles.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lol, Fi playable in Hyrule Warriors...

As for Ghirahim being playable or not, I think that will depend if you will be able to play as villains. That said, it would be cool to play as Ganondorf, Zant, Ghirahim, Cia or any other villain.

So I finished Attack on Titan, and while I did enjoy it, the ending kind of bothered me a little.
We never did find out what was in the basement. I wouldn't have minded as much if they didn't spend so much time they building that stupid key up. When they showed the key at the very end, it almost felt as though the entire thing was there just to advertise the manga.
Other than that, I enjoyed it. Thank you to whoever recommended it to me the other day!
The anime is just based on the first parts of the manga. The story continues on the manga.

That leaves you with two choices: read the manga and catch up with the story (still ongoing) or wait for a second anime season (which may or may not happen).

You can read the latest chapter for free legally on Crunchyroll, by the way.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Motion controls.
Hand-holding.
Too linear.
No recognizable music.
Sexually confused villain.

Among other complaints.
Motions controls are awesome! **** what the call of duty ****** from Gamespot had to say for he knew no better

Try the game on Hero mode

Agreed though the song of the hero quest allows you to tackle its sections in any order

That beautiful rendition of Zelda's lullaby that plays when you get to talk to Zelda one on one and get the final sword upgrade anyone?

*facepalm*

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The real reason every hates Skyward Sword is the fear of change.
Everyone liked Zelda how it was.

They don't like the motion controls, they want button commands. They don't like the short dungeons and long overworld. They don't like Ganondorf not being the villain.
It's quite sad, really, because if you forget about the games that came before (and after) Skyward Sword, it's actually a really good game.

Edit: Also, I'm making a GameFaqs account but KenithTheGatherer wouldn't fit as a username and KTG is taken, you guys have any suggestions? (I would prefer if the name contained or alluded to Kenith)

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

They don't like the motion controls, they want button commands. They don't like the short dungeons and long overworld. They don't like Ganondorf not being the villain.
It's quite sad, really, because if you forget about the games that came before (and after) Skyward Sword, it's actually a really good game.

Edit: Also, I'm making a GameFaqs account but KenithTheGatherer wouldn't fit as a username and KTG is taken, you guys have any suggestions? (I would prefer if the name contained or alluded to Kenith)
KinkyKenith

props to urban dictionary for that one

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

No, The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword will always be a very flawed game due to the Wii Motion Plus gimmick streamlining everything, and yet the gimmick itself rarely works when you need it to.

When I play a game developed by Nintendo, I don't expect controls on par with shovelware to bog down the entire experience.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No, The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword will always be a very flawed game due to the Wii Motion Plus gimmick streamlining everything, and yet the gimmick itself rarly works when you need it to.

When I play a game developed by Nintendo, I don't expect controls on par with shovelware to bog down the entire experience.
That's rather subjective, isn't it?
They worked fine for me, for example.

What I realized when playing the game is that there's a trick to all the gestures, I thought the controls sucked too because I kept doing the same gestures over and over again, but once I tried doing it a different way, like moving my arm at a slower or higher ark, it worked fine.

So really the controls are just very specific, not bad. Certainly not shovelware levels of bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom