• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Does it cost money?
Such hasn't really been clarified, but it might just depend on the character. If it were just a minor addition like Medli or a cut from Melee it would be free, big shots would probably be paid for, but if it were more reps for Sonic or MegaMan you'd have to pay extra.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Do you guys think it's still likely we're getting a stage editor?
On 3DS I think it's an absolute nope, but maybe on WiiU?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Such hasn't really been clarified, but it might just depend on the character. If it were just a minor addition like Medli or a cut from Melee it would be free, big shots would probably be paid for, but if it were more reps for Sonic or MegaMan you'd have to pay extra.
Did you miss the underlined part?

D

Deleted member

MY GOD, IT'S THE TIMER IN PROJECT M!!!
GLITCHY MADNESS AWAITS!

*picks it up*

Snake slides right into my grab, and once grabbed, flickers across the stage until I kill him.

*sniff* It's so...buggy!

speaking of which, what the hell is wrong with the texture mapping on the back of Roy's breastplate? Did they just say "No one will see it because it's blocked by the cape, so eh,screw it. Let's use his sword texture."?

Did you miss the underlined part?
No, I read that. Just that your post implied it could happen is funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
MY GOD, IT'S THE TIMER IN PROJECT M!!!
GLITCHY MADNESS AWAITS!

*picks it up*

Snake slides right into my grab, and once grabbed, flickers across the stage until I kill him.

*sniff* It's so...buggy!

No, I read that. Just that your post implied it could happen is funny.
Let me explain.

Sonic and MegaMan don't belong to Nintendo, (yet) so it's only fair that their DLC would be more expensive than other characters, Y'know what I'm sayin?

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD. I KO'D SOMEONE WITH ROY'S DOWN AIR AND LIVED. Isn't that impossible?

Let me explain.

Sonic and MegaMan don't belong to Nintendo, (yet) so it's only fair that their DLC would be more expensive than other characters, Y'know what I'm sayin?
Yeah, I get that. I think a better example would have been to just say third party in general. Most agree that a second Sonic or Mega Man character is a ridiculous notion.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh god, I forgot I replaced Marth's Dolphin Slash sound effects with a dolphin chirp taken from SpongeBob. :joyful:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
OH MY GOD. I KO'D SOMEONE WITH ROY'S DOWN AIR AND LIVED. Isn't that impossible?

Yeah, I get that. I think a better example would have been to just say third party in general. Most agree that a second Sonic or Mega Man character is a ridiculous notion.
May seem ridiculous for now, but it's not guaranteed to remain like that. There's all this talk about Nintendo acquiring SEGA and Capcom in the near future, so I get credit for having a reason to be optimistic.

D

Deleted member

I'm still betting on if Gematsu's DLC happens, it will be paid. Why else would the tipper think it's "greedy?"

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Bleh. I really dislike the idea of characters for a fighting game to be paid dlc, as they are the heart of a fighting game. Harada has the right idea when it comes to character dlc.

D

Deleted member

Murphy's Law! Enough said
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

W - wrong
H - anything
A - anything
T - anything

C - can
O - go
U - Murphy
L - will
D - said

P - Murphy
O - go
S - said
S - said
I - anything
B - CliffJumper (turn a lowercase "p" upside down, and you get a lowercase "b")
L - Law
Y - anything

G - go
O - go

W - wrong
R - wrong
O - wrong
N - wrong
G - wrong

"What could possibly go wrong?"

I know why the leaker thinks it's greedy now...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
May seem ridiculous for now, but it's not guaranteed to remain like that. There's all this talk about Nintendo acquiring SEGA and Capcom in the near future, so I get credit for having a reason to be optimistic.
I wonder in what parallel world you live where Nintendo buying Sega is likely... :rolleyes: Just admit that you want to see it happening so your favorite Sonic characters appear in Smash as playable. >_>

Now, Nintendo buying Capcom, I can see it happening, even though I'd say it's a remote possibility given there might be other companies interested in acquiring Capcom. Nintendo does have the financial conditions to do so, but I get the feeling they want to invest their funds on things other than company acquisition.

Anyway, unlike Capcom, Sega isn't in financial troubles, as far as I know. I mean, they did acquire Atlus. If that's a sign of anything, it's the opposite of your claim: they're in good financial state and aren't prone to be acquired. Then there's the stuff with Sammy, but I don't know much about it so I can't really say anything regarding it.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

W - wrong
H - anything
A - anything
T - anything

C - can
O - go
U - Murphy
L - will
D - said

P - Murphy
O - go
S - said
S - said
I - anything
B - CliffJumper (turn a lowercase "p" upside down, and you get a lowercase "b")
L - Law
Y - anything

G - go
O - go

W - wrong
R - wrong
O - wrong
N - wrong
G - wrong

"What could possibly go wrong?"

I know why the leaker thinks it's greedy now...
What the heck am I reading?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Before E3, Gematsu said the stupid vague Lucas thing, and character DLC.
Oh, that statement. I remember something about Lucas, but not much on the DLC part. But to me it sounds like a vague statement that doesn't mean much at this moment.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I wonder in what parallel world you live where Nintendo buying Sega is likely... :rolleyes: Just admit that you want to see it happening so your favorite Sonic characters appear in Smash as playable. >_>

Now, Nintendo buying Capcom, I can see it happening, even though I'd say it's a remote possibility given there might be other companies interested in acquiring Capcom. Nintendo does have the financial conditions to do so, but I get the feeling they want to invest their funds on things other than company acquisition.

Anyway, unlike Capcom, Sega isn't in financial troubles, as far as I know. I mean, they did acquire Atlus. If that's a sign of anything, it's the opposite of your claim: they're in good financial state and aren't prone to be acquired. Then there's the stuff with Sammy, but I don't know much about it so I can't really say anything regarding it.
Beats and Twitch weren't in any financial trouble either when they were bought out, so that point is struck down. But what's really bringing SEGA down is the fact that they've been losing more workers than they can handle for the past years due to some of their games not selling the best they can. That doesn't sound good to me. And about this whole Sammy thing, there's all this talk about Nintendo having enough money to survive for 30 years if they would've continued to do horribly, which they aren't, so Nintendo would be able to pull it off, even with Sammy involved, because SEGA has no business with Sammy if Sammy don't make games. Sammy doesn't even own SEGA in the first place, it's just a partnership

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm ok to dlc but I have a little issue if they are paid. Let's say Paper Mario is paid dlc, I would freak out because he's in the roster in some way but he won't be played as much as the others simply because you have to pay. Which could be translated as having less love and I've been advocating love for his series since the beginning of 2013 so I would be sad.

The thing is, if you're most wanted is ridley, the same would apply and that's kind of annoying to see your most wanted not getting love as much as the pre included characters. It's just sounds as if the characters wasn't REALLY included.

Other than that, I really don't enjoy dlc speculation. Because let's say there WILL be dlc, they could announce it out of nowhere and even after the WiiU version is released. But that's assuming there will be dlc because yes a very credible leak suggest that but since it's a leak, it will never be confirmed until confirmed by official sources which means that we could get our hope up wrongly for months. So, I take dlc speculation as this: "Assumes it will never happened until it happens.".

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Beats and Twitch weren't in any financial trouble either when they were bought out, so that point is struck down. But what's really bringing SEGA down is the fact that they've been losing more workers than they can handle for the past years due to some of their games not selling the best they can. That doesn't sound good to me. And about this whole Sammy thing, there's all this talk about Nintendo having enough money to survive for 30 years if they would've continued to do horribly, which they aren't, so Nintendo would be able to pull it off, even with Sammy involved, because SEGA has no business with Sammy if Sammy don't make games. Sammy doesn't even own SEGA in the first place, it's just a partnership
Admit it. You secretly want more Sanic characters in Smash.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not just about Sonic, it's also about having Shin Megami Tensae and Hatsune Miku getting more glory on Nintendo consoles.
I want Hatsune Miku far from my Smash Bros has I can make it. The last thing I want to see is some anime synthesizer that got in only because Sega licenses the games.

He probably wants a Sega character from another series like Aiai or Billy Hatcher.
No, it's definitely Sonic reps. Though I wouldn't mind Alex Kidd. It would be neat to have both the new and old mascot.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I want Hatsune Miku far from my Smash Bros has I can make it. The last thing I want to see is some anime synthesizer that got in only because Sega licenses the games.

No, it's definitely Sonic reps. Though I wouldn't mind Alex Kidd. It would be neat to have both the new and old mascot.
Alex Kidd would be kinda cool I guess, but honestly even if Nintendo owned SEGA I wouldn't want their **** in the game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Alex Kidd would be kinda cool I guess, but honestly even if Nintendo owned SEGA I wouldn't want their **** in the game.
Well I'm not sure whether or not Alex Kidd would classify as "asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk".
Though I do agree I wouldn't want them to go overboard or anything.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I see temperatures rising.

Games? I only know of PC voice synthesizer application. >_>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom