• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
They were still unlockable. Sonic I'll give you, but Lucario is still there.
Touche.

But the point of the post is that Sakurai seems to be a bit more laid back when it comes to revealing characters this time around. Which means that any veteran secret or not could have a chance of being revealed before release.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Customisable colour palettes would be amazing. Bright pink everyone? Yes please.
Valentines Ganondorf for all!

Sonic was pre-release during Brawl IIRC.
He was, it was even October just like Smash 4 I just hope one of Sonic's customization options for his side B is the Sonic Wave which revs up like a spin dash but launches a projectile

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
And here I am still waiting for them to PROPERLY introduce the Tomodachi Life stage on 3DS and the Pokemon League stage on Wii U. We've seen snippets of Pokemon League in trailers, and one pic of Tomodachi Life in pic-o-the-day.

I just hope one of Sonic's customization options for his side B is the Sonic Wave which revs up like a spin dash but launches a projectile
I hadn't even thought of Sonic's customization options. Maybe instead of Homing Attack you get the air kick thing from Lost World... which is basically a Homing Attack, works the exact same way except it knocks enemies away, possibly into other enemies instead of just defeating them right then and there.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And here I am still waiting for them to PROPERLY introduce the Tomodachi Life stage on 3DS and the Pokemon League stage on Wii U. We've seen snippets of Pokemon League in trailers, and one pic of Tomodachi Life in pic-o-the-day.
By the sounds of it Tomodachi Life looks to have a ton of personality in it. And I'd love to see how the dev team implements it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Another reason to not like project M. These look like nerfs, while Fox and Falco who have always been distinctly some of the best competitive characters are as good as ever - no, even better, according to the tier list? No thank you. I'm going to continue pretending it and the tier lists don't exist, which is hard to do when it's everywhere.
The only thing that was nerfed about Wario is that his recovery is very restricted, but on the flip side the changes to his moveset gives Wario better offensive. Wario in particular can easily punish teching, due to a combination of the Earthquake Punch forcing the opponent to topple over and the properties of his "dash grab" mechanic.

Also Fox and Falco did get nerfs, mainly neither can preform infinites anymore.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I hadn't even thought of Sonic's customization options. Maybe instead of Homing Attack you get the air kick thing from Lost World... which is basically a Homing Attack, works the exact same way except it knocks enemies away, possibly into other enemies instead of just defeating them right then and there.
That sounds legit, I'd like that quite a bit, I'm also thinking his spring alterations will be the yellow and various powered springs from his games too. Vairing height and such

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
By the sounds of it Tomodachi Life looks to have a ton of personality in it. And I'd love to see how the dev team implements it.

Especially now that Mii Fighters are properly revealed. They showed that little shot of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer in the stage, and have now introduced Mii Fighters, so to me, they should just pair the two together and properly show it off.

And I have no clue why they're being so secret about the Pokemon League stage. Is this going to be a boss stage like the Mega Man stage?

When I stop and think about it, as much as I get excited about characters, I also get equally excited about stages. Still wondering if there's going to be a Sonic stage on 3DS or if they're just going to not have one or just recycle Brawl's Green Hill Zone for 3DS.

That sounds legit, I'd like that quite a bit, I'm also thinking his spring alterations will be the yellow and various powered springs from his games too. Vairing height and such
Or if you really wanna be out there, just have The three customizations be the spring as we've seen, the Orange Rocket (straight up, really high, really fast) or Green Hover (slower, but more maneuverable.)...

On that same note, how different are these customizations going to be for Sonic? I'd gotten the idea that for the most part they'd be largely the same move just a little bit different, until Palutena and Mii Fighters came along with pretty much completely different moves.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Especially now that Mii Fighters are properly revealed. They showed that little shot of Villager and Wii Fit Trainer in the stage, and have now introduced Mii Fighters, so to me, they should just pair the two together and properly show it off.

And I have no clue why they're being so secret about the Pokemon League stage. Is this going to be a boss stage like the Mega Man stage?
I'm assuming it's because they still want surprises when SmashU comes out.

When I stop and think about it, as much as I get excited about characters, I also get equally excited about stages. Still wondering if there's going to be a Sonic stage on 3DS or if they're just going to not have one or just recycle Brawl's Green Hill Zone for 3DS.
I wouldn't be surprised. But I wouldn't say it doesn't have an excuse.
Technically Green Hill Zone was on the Game Gear version of Sonic 1 and 2. Not to mention the less-than-decent port made for the Gameboy.
Though, if we do get a new stage, I do hope it's from one of the Game Gear games. There's a lot of potential they can use there. The aforementioned Sonic 1/2, Triple Trouble, Tail's Adventure, even Blast and Labyrinth can have decent ideas for a stage. In reality, it's probably be from Lost World or Rush, but I can dream.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I feel like a lot of the moves will either have a speed variation and a power variation, or they'll just have elements attached to them.
I hope they're more various than I'm giving them credit, though.

I'm assuming it's because they still want surprises when SmashU comes out.

I wouldn't be surprised. But I wouldn't say it doesn't have an excuse.
Technically Green Hill Zone was on the Game Gear version of Sonic 1 and 2. Not to mention the less-than-decent port made for the Gameboy.
Though, if we do get a new stage, I do hope it's from one of the Game Gear games. There's a lot of potential they can use there. The aforementioned Sonic 1/2, Triple Trouble, Tail's Adventure, even Blast and Labyrinth can have decent ideas for a stage. In reality, it's probably be from Lost World or Rush, but I can dream.

It'd be interesting if one of the 3DS stages are based on Sonic Battle. I doubt it though.

Last edited:

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Or if you really wanna be out there, just have The three customizations be the spring as we've seen, the Orange Rocket (straight up, really high, really fast) or Green Hover (slower, but more maneuverable.)...

On that same note, how different are these customizations going to be for Sonic? I'd gotten the idea that for the most part they'd be largely the same move just a little bit different, until Palutena and Mii Fighters came along with pretty much completely different moves.
How about a Rush stage for 3DS?

Also what I suggested for Sonic mostly would be different properties, if DK can turn his Giant Punch into a hurricane punch I don't think the Sonic Wave would be too out there considering it works like a spindash

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I feel like a lot of the moves will either have a speed variation and a power variation, or they'll just have elements attached to them.
I hope they're more various than I'm giving them credit, though.

It'd be interesting if one of the 3DS stages are based on Sonic Battle. I doubt it though.
You beat me to it!

Sonic Battle.. ah man... LOVE that game. Still hoping they'll release it on the Wii U Virtual Console before long, that way I can replay that story on my TV...

"INITIATING RECOVERY MODE" *Boom*

"I must be getting STRONGER!"

"You guys are SUCH losers!"

"Hi, sugar."

"Let's see what you got"

"Winning is everything!"

"PREPARE TO DIE!"

"Time to party!"

"STONE FISTS!"

"I'll show you my ULTIMATE POWER!"

"Didn't even BREAK A SWEAT!"

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You beat me to it!

Sonic Battle.. ah man... LOVE that game. Still hoping they're release it on the Wii U Virtual Console before long, that way I can replay that story on my TV...

"INITIATING RECOVERY MODE" *Boom*

"I must be getting STRONGER!"

"You guys are SUCH losers!"

"Hi, sugar."

"Let's see what you got"

"Winning is everything!"

"PREPARE TO DIE!"

"Time to party!"

"STONE FISTS!"

"I'll show you my ULTIMATE POWER!"

"Didn't even BREAK A SWEAT!"
It'd be even cooler if Emerl was an Assist trophy or something.

(In fact, now that I think about it, I'll probably make an Emerl Brawler Mii).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know about that. We were able to get into Pokemon's data.
Someone was able to do that, yeah. It shows that 3DS games can be hacked, but past what they did in X and Y there hasn't been anything else going on with that as far as I know.

With that in mind, I don't think people should get too excited cause some people were able to change the music track in MK8. It opens up bigger potential, but it might take a LONG time for anything to happen.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm bored so I decided to make my favorite newcomers list per Smash installment. Left is favorite, right is least favorite.

SSB:
:dk64: :jigglypuff64: :samus64: :fox64: :falcon64: :link64: :kirby64: :mario64: :pikachu64: :ness64: :yoshi64: :luigi64:

SSBM:
:ganondorfmelee: :bowsermelee: :mewtwomelee::sheikmelee: :gawmelee: :marthmelee: :falcomelee: :pichumelee: :peachmelee: :zeldamelee: :younglinkmelee: :roymelee: :icsmelee: :drmario:

SSBB:
:snake: :sonic: :wolf: :ivysaur: :lucario: :toonlink: :dedede: :charizard: :zerosuitsamus: :ike::diddy: :pit: :metaknight: :olimar: :wario: :lucas: :squirtle: :rob:

SSB4:
:4littlemac::4megaman: :4palutena: :4greninja: :rosalina: :4wiifit: :4villager: :4pacman: :4mii:

Note: I play with every character. I like every character. I don't hate any character. I play as everyone. I'm happy with everyone...(except maybe the Miis).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Someone was able to do that, yeah. It shows that 3DS games can be hacked, but past what they did in X and Y there hasn't been anything else going on with that as far as I know.
I would assume disinterest. Smash 3DS might have something going with it though (since it is one of the bigger 3DS games coming out next to Pokemon X/Y).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Note: I play with every character. I like every character. I don't hate any character. I play as everyone. I'm happy with everyone...(except maybe the Miis).
I'm going to make a Falco mii gunner and play it constantly so I can count how many people I simultaneously piss off.
I would assume disinterest. Smash 3DS might have something going with it though (since it is one of the bigger 3DS games coming out next to Pokemon X/Y).
That makes sense.
Good point.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Someone made a Megaman X styled remix for the Mighty No. 9 theme. It fits pretty well with the Megaman style.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
[quote RamOne, post: 17015822, member: 51451"]Tomorrow (the 7th) it's Metal Gear's 27th birthday. Snake reveal? :troll:[/quote]
Nah it'll be a bait and switch, SNAKE? But no its Raiden like MGS2

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
"NO! You dense, irritating, miniature beast of burden! Ogres are like onions! End of story! Bye-bye! See ya later. " - Shrek

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wonder if the Kirby Hat trophies will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom