• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well, if you're arbitrarily making your avatar a female, it's still the same problem just coming from the other direction. Jill Valentine is a good example, but I think the best example is Lucca from Chrono Trigger. I think the series is often overlooked for its blurred portrayal of gender and orientation and (until parts of Chrono Cross) it engages you in thinking of strong characters without being conscious of them being female, and Lucca Ashtear is the best example of that.
I know that it's arbitrary, I just started doing it to be a hipster, because, as you mentioned, generally those characters would be presumably male because of their actions and how other characters react to them, so, naturally, I like to contradict that by making my avatar female, for the purpose of comedy value sometimes, and making a statement the rest of the time.

The problem, the "badass girl" is a trope in and of itself, and it's one I like, and sometimes my two goals overlap.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I know that it's arbitrary, I just started doing it to be a hipster, because, as you mentioned, generally those characters would be presumably male because of their actions and how other characters react to them, so, naturally, I like to contradict that by making my avatar female, for the purpose of comedy value sometimes, and making a statement the rest of the time.

The problem, the "badass girl" is a trope in and of itself, and it's one I like, and sometimes my two goals overlap.
At 6AM Central Time, just "I was being a hipster" would have sufficed.

-

Lack of sleep tends to have a similar effect that alcohol does on your physiology (dehydration aside). Your brain slows down to depressant levels, you become more relaxed and less inhibited (and apt to make poorer decisions) as your frontal cortex doesn't work at full capacity, and a general euphoria hits as your brain chemically deals with the stress of being awake too long. Alertness levels and reaction speeds go down, and you're less likely to remember things as time progresses. Only about 10% of the population isn't affected by mild to somewhat severe lack of sleep - enabling some people (some famous) to function normally on 3-5 hours of sleep per night.

And with that, goodnight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My god; I swear Hulu increases the number of ads the more you watch.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Smashboards will censor this but 2010 Moby ****.
I read the book then watched this modernized version and holy crackers

Ahab fought the whale with a rocket powered harpoon while racing towards it on a speed boat, Moby climbed a damn mountain, etc.
That sounds.... awesome... I will now drool on the floor.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
**** Van ****

It appears we have a scunthorpe problem

Last edited:

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
You want to know the one thing SSB4 needs besides Ness and Lucas? Custom colors you have no idea how much I want a purple Ike

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So yes, the original Sailor Moon IS returning, and the first 23 episodes will be available on DVD and Bluray November 11th 2014, complete and uncensored with a brand new dub to go with it! Also properly remastered aka no fake widescreen, proper colors, etc.

Preorders of the Bluray from Rightstuf get this neat little coin.
Sailor Moon coin.jpg

The Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack Limited Edition also comes with a 88 page art book and special features all in a chipboard box.
More info, here:
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000007083

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So yes, the original Sailor Moon IS returning, and the first 23 episodes will be available on DVD and Bluray November 11th 2014, complete and uncensored with a brand new dub to go with it! Also properly remastered aka no fake widescreen, proper colors, etc.

Preorders from Rightstuf get this neat little coin.
View attachment 17626

The Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack Limited Edition also comes with a 88 page art book and special features all in a chipboard box.
More info, here:
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000007083
Are you a bot? Because all I've seen you post recently is a reminder about Sailor Moon returning.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Are you a bot? Because all I've seen you post recently is a reminder about Sailor Moon returning.
I am not a bot. My username may be "UltimateCyborgOverlord", but I assure you, I am not a bot. I just haven't had much to say about the recent discussions that have taken place. Except that new Moby movie sounds just the right kind of cool.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I am not a bot. My username may be "UltimateCyborgOverlord", but I assure you, I am not a bot. I just haven't had much to say about the discussions that have taken place.
I know you're not a bot, I was just being stupid.
Unless you know I know you are not a bot, in which case I really am stupid.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I know you're not a bot, I was just being stupid.
Unless you know I know you are not a bot, in which case I really am stupid.
"So you mean to say they've taken what we thought we think and make us think we thought our thoughts we've been thinking our thoughts we think we thought? I think…"

No you're not stupid, I really thought you thought I was a bot. I sometimes give that air. If I'm not giving a bot air, I'm giving an obnoxious air. I'm really kind of split personality that way now that I think about it.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So i just learned about how Alan Moore sees Harry Potter and how he put him into his comics.

Kind of weird and dumb in a hilarious way.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You want to know the one thing SSB4 needs besides Ness and Lucas? Custom colors you have no idea how much I want a purple Ike
That would be pretty awesome.
It'd be interesting if another way you could customize characters is their palette swaps.

D

Deleted member

As much as I hate Hulu interrupting my show to advertise crap I don't want or need, I will admit it is funny when it advertises itself.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

They are real!

Also "Rare variant: killer rabbit of caerbannog"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom