• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I don't know if I should be saying this, but...

I think the same people who hate on bronies are the people who hate homosexuals.
That's... A bit too far. Sure there may be people like that, but not all of them are like that. (I know plenty of broney haters also)

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Maybe it will be decent? Because this was just the reveal trailer. A very unflattering reveal. But it can still change.
Fair enough. Still not getting second thoughts on Sonic Boom.
Speaking of the pony fandom, how 'bout dat Turnabout Storm?

A week or so before E3 I realized that the final part was finally uploaded so I decided to watch it. Last part I watched was back in May 2013, and I started watching the series in 2012, but I still remembered most of what happened overall.

Sonata kinda has derpy eyes without her glasses on
Honestly, Turnabout Storm was really awesome.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Perhaps it's a bit much, but the philosophy is the same.

This isn't what's considered normal, so I condemn people who do this one thing.
It's not about people that aren't the norm

It's about people with obsessive personalities that FORCE their ideals on others

Bronies force their MLP into everything which is why people dislike them

No one cares they like the show

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Someone who likes MLP isn't a brony

Someone who is obsessed with MLP is a brony
Thats not how fandoms work. And even then, that still leaves a big "So what?"

I don't know if I should be saying this, but...

I think the same people who hate on bronies are the people who hate homosexuals.
Err...Not really. The majority I've seen wouldn't agree with that. With that said, anti-bronies are my most hated internet group. There reasoning just kinda burns me up. And I'm not even talking about the whole, "liking little girl shows thing"

It's about people with obsessive personalities that FORCE their ideals on others

*Sigh*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No one cares you like some stupid show

You don't see me calling myself a name after any show I like.

Because it's stupid

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Again, that's not all of them.

And that could apply to literally any fanbase because it's very subjective.
For example, I could say that about competitive Smash players.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone that gets obsessive over anything has something wrong with them

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It seems like someone; not going to name any names, is obsessive about people that are obsessive, more specifically bronies.
caring about something for a couple minutes doesn't make someone obsessive.

I don't think about bronies at any time someone doesn't bring it up

The word obsessive itself MEANS there is something wrong with the person

"preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent."

Bronies specifically aren't the only obsessive fan bases anyway. It's just the one brought up

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Anyone that gets obsessive over anything has something wrong with them
Right. And as all humans are obsessed with something, all humans are flawed.
I'm glad we have an understanding.

edit: Oh snap, PsychoIncarnate countered Morbid's post with DEFINITIONS, it just got real.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Right. And as all humans are obsessed with something, all humans are flawed.
I'm glad we have an understanding.
The word obsessed literally means the person has a problem

"preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent."

Morbi

Scavenger
caring about something for a couple minutes doesn't make someone obsessive.

I don't think about bronies at any time someone doesn't bring it up

The word obsessive itself MEANS there is something wrong with the person

Bronies specifically aren't the only obsessive fan bases anyway. It's just the one brought up
I am just joking, do not worry about it. You can get back to not caring about bronies any time you want. Do not let me stop you!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
No one cares you like some stupid show

You don't see me calling myself a name after any show I like.

Because it's stupid
Again, that's not all of them.

And that could apply to literally any fanbase because it's very subjective.
For example, I could say that about competitive Smash players.
I personally don't like talking about ponies for this reason. They always end in arguments and trust me, this debate isn't going anywhere. :/

I personally suggest just moving on to something else. There is that Mighty no. 9 bonus fund which sounds nice. Though, I'm not entirely sure about making it too big of a deal. Making an animated series for a game that isn't even completed yet and could very well suck doesn't seem like the brightest idea.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I personally don't like talking about ponies for this reason. They always end in arguments and trust me, this debate isn't going anywhere. :/
I know that, that's precisely why I argue about it. :p

But seriously, I don't see why this fandom seems to just set everyone off, but other, worse fandoms are completely okay.

Morbi

Scavenger
The word obsessed literally means the person has a problem

I am fairly certain (actually 100% certain) that you are misconstruing that definition. You are reading "troubling extent" as "something is completely and utterly wrong with that *****, they cray."

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am fairly certain (actually 100% certain) that you are misconstruing that definition. You are reading "troubling extent" as "something is completely and utterly wrong with that *****, they cray."
Well, that and the "Intrusively" part

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Anyone else think Megaman (the Mighty #9 topic got me thinking) he could get a Protoman look? I was kinda hoping he'd be at least an assist for the whistle. But as we know its Elecman

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Anyone else think Megaman (the Mighty #9 topic got me thinking) he could get a Protoman look? I was kinda hoping he'd be at least an assist for the whistle. But as we know its Elecman
I could see that happening as an alt. Though, there is always that pesky thing about Sakurai not liking characters dress like other characters. :p

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
No offense to bronies, but I personally don't like bronies.
There's not being confined to gender roles, and then there's the vapid, countercultural tryhard fantasy land that I know many Bronies to live in. Yes, despite being such fans of a make-believe Friendship is Magic show, most IRL and internet Bronies I know are complete jackasses. If it's because they relate more with fictional, always-your-pal ponies than actual human beings then I'd hardly be surprised by the irony.

Flameshield On, come at me bronies

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
I can almost garuntee you that Proto will be Megaman's alt skin, there really isn't anything else it could be since all of his other versions are in his final smash

Morbi

Scavenger
There's not being confined to gender roles, and then there's the vapid, countercultural tryhard fantasy land that I know many Bronies to live in. Yes, despite being such fans of a make-believe Friendship is Magic show, most IRL and internet Bronies I know are complete *******es. If it's because they relate more with fictional, always-your-pal ponies than actual human beings then I'd hardly be surprised by the irony.
The world would be a much better place if it were filled with "always-your-pal" ponies instead of "actual" human beings.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
RaccoonBL, post: 17014109, member: 222201"]I could see that happening as an alt. Though, there is always that pesky thing about Sakurai not liking characters dress like other characters. :p
Oh thats right, then how about his civilian look. Rock

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Question: What is the worst movie you've seen?

Me:

(2011)
And...

(2012)
Either The Room or Trolls 2. They were so terrible that they were funny. Titanic 2 might fall under terrible but funny as well.

In other news I just got a Zygarde named ZIGGY off GTS. The name reminds me of a friends cat. Sadly Ziggy the cat is no longer with us. :(

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I wouldn't say that you, as a person, sicken me. But this comment is, personally, sickening to me.
I would be more concerned that there are still popular young strictly gender-based demographic programs. Not as rigid as past generations of shows, but I would consider it a step backwards when compared to the Power Puff Girls.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If it's because they relate more with fictional, always-your-pal ponies than actual human beings then I'd hardly be surprised by the irony.
That's entirely untrue.

The "actual human beings" who write and create the show are extremely cool people.
I'm not entirely sure what I'm arguing against anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom