• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Looks like I just walked in on some Ridley talk!

What's everyone's verdict on the big purple guy?
Meh. I could care less if he gets in or not.

You must feel so cool, hating on a community of children. :p
Well I didn't say I downright hate the community. I couldn't bring myself to hate something even if I tried.
It's just that this is not exactly the brightest of ideas. They're pretty much going in with no plan and hoping the admins just listen to all their pleas.

Heck, even users on Miiverse are calling this stupid. That's how bad it is.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well I didn't say I downright hate the community. I couldn't bring myself to hate something even if I tried.
It's just that this is not exactly the brightest of ideas. They're pretty much going in with no plan and hoping the admins just listen to all their pleas.

Heck, even users on Miiverse are calling this stupid. That's how bad it is.
We can only assume hopefully its children. It may not be though. On the internet no one knows if you're a dog.
It just bothers me that everyone on Smashboards dedicates so much time to hating/making fun of Miiverse when I know that a lot of the people we talk about probably don't know any better.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Miiverse attacking the admins means only the Smash community right?

Were they closing it or something?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It just bothers me that everyone on Smashboards dedicates so much time to hating/making fun of Miiverse when I know that a lot of the people we talk about probably don't know any better.
I used to feel the same way about the miiverse thread, but I stopped caring after a while.
I feel like a lot of what people make fun of on that thread are actually trolly older kids from what I can tell.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Can I just say, people saying that this is 10 and 11 year olds need to stop underestimating the intelligence of kids. They're not as unintelligent as some people make them out to be.
I'd imagine this is more 6 and 7 year olds.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

I've already posted my thoughts above, so I'll just quote it here.
Though I'm not really confident about him, it's just that the teasing has to lead to something other than "SURPRISE he's in the same role as before except not as good."

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I guess it could be just a subjective thing.
But along with the kids you also get the trolls and the creeps. And really, most don't try to insult the users. It's mostly the content that gives us a reason to poke fun.

So is it going to be a 3 way war between the "It's stupid" group, the Admin-haters, and the admins?

You have to admit, it'll be pretty hilarious.
Oh it is. It's going to be entertaining at least..

Miiverse attacking the admins means only the Smash community right?

Were they closing it or something?
No, I believe it's because they're still going on about the post timer or something I dunno.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I don't much care for him.
It's not that he's not deserving. I just never liked Ridley for some reason.

If he got in, I wouldn't be offended (you know, like how a lot of people on the internet get when a character they don't particularly want gets in...). Hell, I might warm up to the guy. But right now, he could be a stage boss and I would be satisfied.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Ugh, that guy.

He's so overrated. He uninteresting, design wise, he wouldn't translate well to Smash, and moreover, he's purple. Who likes purple?

Now, Meta Ridley, on the other hand, is super cool.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Nobody ever talks about who they'd like to see as a stage boss.
Sure, sure, it's because those stages aren't likely to be used in tournaments, but personally, I'm not constantly in a tournament and I like playing around with the game every once in a while. (Well, most of the time, actually).

How about Marx Soul?
Kirby end-game enemies are always creepy and I love it.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Ugh, that guy.

He's so overrated. He uninteresting, design wise, he wouldn't translate well to Smash, and moreover, he's purple. Who likes purple?

Now, Meta Ridley, on the other hand, is super cool.
Everything is cooler as a cyborg.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So, guys. I've been playing a lot of Grand Theft Auto V recently. Trevor is my favorite protagonist. Ahaha, I tend to like playing as insane people in games.

:troll:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
No, no, I played Sans Andreas and Saint's Row the Third.

The latter is was more fun and a lot less effed up.
I prefer grand theft auto over Giant-purple-dildo simulator.

Also, I like Grand Theft Auto's story more. It's not really all that ****ed up to me, I guess.

It's a video game and I don't take virtual mass murder seriously.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I prefer grand theft auto over Giant-purple-dildo simulator.
Also, I like Grand Theft Auto's story more. It's not really all that ****ed up to me, I guess.
It's a video game and I don't take virtual mass murder seriously.
I don't take it very seriously either.

I just really freaking GTA. Like, a lot. As in, I avoid it like the plague I hate it so much.
Why does Saint's Row not incite such a response?

Because it's not GTA.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't take it very seriously either.

I just really freaking GTA. Like, a lot. As in, I avoid it like the plague I hate it so much.
Why does Saint's Row not incite such a response?

Because it's not GTA.
That's cool, I guess.

I found Saint's Row's story boring though, and GTA's stories always capture my attention.
GTA V's makes me feel things man. And some stuff.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Eh, I don't really need netflix right now. Minimum wage is the best I can get right now anyway, I'm only 15.

But seriously Hulu, FIVE FREAKING ADS?!?! This is just getting ridiculous.
I am also 15 but I don't have a job yet. I'm waiting until I am able to drive to get a job.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No one ever liked Pirates of the Caribbean.

People like Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Keira Knightley in sexy pirate costumes, but no one cared about the actual movies.
Actually, I just plain liked Captain Jack Sparrow, the character, over everything. ¦D

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
No one ever liked Pirates of the Caribbean.

People like Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, and Keira Knightley in sexy pirate costumes, but no one cared about the actual movies.
I thought the first 3 were decent but the 4th one wasn't.

As much as I like Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow, I didn't really like it.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Today I learned that one of my co-workers plays Project M and understands Smash's competitive scene. Needless to say, we spoke in jargon the other co-workers couldn't understand during break. While I do pay some attention to the competitive stuff, I still consider myself more of a casual player because I could never stand a chance in the competitive scene and I enjoy playing with certain items on once in a while.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Today I learned that one of my co-workers plays Project M and understands Smash's competitive scene. Needless to say, we spoke in jargon the other co-workers couldn't understand during break. While I do pay some attention to the competitive stuff, I still consider myself more of a casual player because I could never stand a chance in the competitive scene and I enjoy playing with certain items on once in a while.
Amen.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Netflix has some unusual things,which I discovered.

Not only did I find the old series "RedvsBlue," but I also found a documentary about Bronies.

A documentary.
About Bronies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am largely a casual player myself despite spectating tournaments consistently. Sometimes my sister and I have wannabe competitive matches on Final Destination.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
That's pretty cool, I'm thinking of joining the competitive scene at apex next year. Just to join in and learn. I have like no chance of winning, sure I win a lot in my local area but.. that's different.

But I want to learn and I want to learn all the games meta, I've been watching so many videos its crazy lol. I kinda hope to help pioneer Smash 4's scene.

But i also enjoy chaotic fun item matches too so :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom