• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
They play awful country music at my workplace in Houston almost constantly. And yes, I hear that song all the time.

Here, have a sample of the music that tortures my soul:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not much going on at the moment huh? I have a question for you guys. If you had one superpower, what would you want it to be? I'd probably go with Super Strength or Healing powers. They seem pretty useful.
Telekinesis, I recommend looking up all the things Telekinesis can be used for as it is the superior super power.:p
Toby Keith is the Kanye West of Alabama.
Not sure I understand that statement.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Not much going on at the moment huh? I have a question for you guys. If you had one superpower, what would you want it to be? I'd probably go with Super Strength or Healing powers. They seem pretty useful.
The power to have every superpower :troll:

Nah, but really, probably the power to use ki, so then I can fly and use DBZ attacks. :awesome:

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Mind control.
You will like this post.

Morbi

Scavenger
It was implied, not stated.
Gotta state the obvious.:troll:
I stated that it was implied though. Unless that is the joke.

Wait a minute.

If music isn't real, than would it be fake? And if that were the case, would that make said songs fake?

And if the songs are fake, does that mean we're listening to some completely different form of noise- be it pleasent or annoying?

A new mystery is born. Calling Neneko now. :awesome:
Interesting; however, I have to ask: do you know how to play any "real" songs? :troll:
Unless that is the joke.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Immortality; my only fear is death, and death is unfortunately inevitable. However, without death, we would not value life. Albeit, I do not value any life than my own (and sweet, cute, innocent animals) as is. Hence my desire for immortality, I suppose that notion is overt enough.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
....That's a hard one.

I honestly can't decide on one. My top 3 are empathetic abilities (between feeling other's emotions to being able to control and manipulate them to being able to share my own emotion without talking with other), power over light and darkness (being able to to make a room go pitch black or very bright, to summoning orbs of light and darknes and shoot beams out then, and lots of other stuff), and psychokinesis.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
....That's a hard one.

I honestly can't decide on one. My top 3 are empathetic abilities (between feeling other's emotions to being able to control and manipulate them to being able to share my own emotion without talking with other), power over light and darkner (being able to to make a room go pitch black or very bright, to summoning orbs of light and darknes and shoot beams out then, and lots of other stuff), and psychokinesis.
http://www.memecenter.com/fun/2729201/why-telekinesis-is-the-best-superpower

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
North Alabama.
Near Decatur or Huntsville if you prefer.
There are quite a few players in the Huntsville area but I'm not sure what all they are up to. If you're looking for people to play you should get on Facebook and join the Alabama Smash League discussion group at /groups/alabamasmashleague/.

Actually, you should do that anyway even if you're not looking for people to play.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There are quite a few players in the Huntsville area but I'm not sure what all they are up to. If you're looking for people to play you should get on Facebook and join the Alabama Smash League discussion group at /groups/alabamasmashleague/.
Got it I'll do that pretty soon.
I am sure that bending photons with your mind is SUPER easy. :troll:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I generally mean a more limited form of psychokinesis, generally being able to control objects with your mind, teleportation, and control over time.
Why would you want it to be limited if you could do all that?
I'm honestly curious.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
The power to control probability.

What's the probability that a helicopter will drop a million dollars in my backyard? 100%.

What's the probability that I'll physically age past 25? 0%.

It's the ability to end all abilities.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
The power to grant my own wishes. :troll:
It'd be like having the power of the Star Rod from Paper Mario, except that I have the brains to realize that you can do more with it than just make yourself invincible.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Why would you want it to be limited if you could do all that?
I'm honestly curious.
Mainly because I wouldn't want all of that. There are just a few certain things I would want out of psychokinesis but instead of listing each as an individual one, it is easier to just group them together.

I look at psychokinesis as the process of unlocking more and more of your brain until you can functionally use 100% of it , whereas in this case only certain parts are unlocked but no more. Kinda like that new movie coming out called Lucy which has the same principal basically.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I've always liked shape-shifting as a concept, so I suppose that.

Plus, with shape-shifting, one can also fulfill other superpowers by manipulating their shape.

Morbi

Scavenger
Invisibility/mind control can pretty much get you whatever.
It cannot increase your life span, therefore it is useless.

Mainly because I wouldn't want all of that. There are just a few certain things I would want out of psychokinesis but instead of listing each as an individual one, it is easier to just group them together.

I look at psychokinesis as the process of unlocking more and more of your brain until you can functionally use 100% of it , whereas in this case only certain parts are unlocked but no more. Kinda like that new movie coming out called Lucy which has the same principal basically.
You would; more likely than not, based on the preponderance of the evidence, have a seizure if you unlocked your brains potential "100%." Just saying, good luck with that one.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
you would; more likely than not, based on the preponderance of the evidence, have a seizure if you unlocked your brains potential "100%." Just saying, good luck with that one.
I guess I should also add that the only way you could truly unlock 100% of your brain is by experiencing everything including death.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure if I could shape-shift, I'd just troll people. Mostly by pretending to be celebrities. And, in a way you could just change into something that is really strong or can fly.

On top of that, I could be the best stand-in of all time.

I think that my super power would be the ability to stop internet culture from seeping into real life.
You'd have a better chance of shooting lasers out of your eyes.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We're talking about superopwers? I'd like the ability to control water.
You could do that with Telekinesis also and have all that other stuff along side it.
You could also be a total Ang from Avatar.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not too sure how many people care, but Deathstoke is getting a new comic series this year. The last series had some cool stuff. But once Rob Liefield showed up, I heard things went south. Hopefully this series will do better. Deathstoke is a cool villain, probably one of the few who could carry his own series.

Here's the cover for the first issue(I think). It looks badass if you ask me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Not too sure how many people care, but Deathstoke is getting a new comic series this year. The last series had some cool stuff. But once Rob Liefield showed up, I heard things went south. Hopefully this series will do better. Deathstoke is a cool villain, probably one of the few who could carry his own series.

Here's the cover for the first issue(I think). It looks badass if you ask me.
Is he still a villain, or has he turned anti-hero?

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure if I could shape-shift, I'd just troll people. Mostly by pretending to be celebrities. And, in a way you could just change into something that is really strong or can fly.
Exactly why I chose it. :laugh:

Morbi

Scavenger
That reminds of a quote from a light novel.
"There's something unreal about people who want realism in their fiction."
I suppose it is based on my inherent desire to understand the source material as to not ponder on why or how something is happening. Most fiction is somewhat reasonable intrinsically anyways, or some logical explanation is offered as necessary. It is foolish to assert that fiction should remain fictitious when we are applying it to nonfiction.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That reminds of a quote from a light novel.
"There's something unreal about people who want realism in their fiction."
It doesn't bother if people want some 'realistic fiction', what bothers me is when people are selective about what has to be realistic.

For instance I once saw people complaining about the origins of Splinter and the TMNT. Apparently it made no sense for a rat to start willingly mimick martial arts from its owner, but yet it totally makes sense for turtles to be mutated into intelligent humanoid ninjas.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Hmmm, a bit hard to say. He hasn't exactly changed sides or anything(as far as I know). But he just does the job he's getting paid for. And despite being a bad guy, he normally has some code of honor that other villains lack. If he sees a challenging opponent, he'll take them seriously, like Batman or Nightwing.

I guess he's sort of a Anti-Hero since his inception. Just a guy who likes to fight and get paid doing it. Unless you screw him over or his family. Then he'll try to kill you.

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I say Deathstroke's less of either and is more of an antagonist, considering how wildly his roles in stories have fluctuated over the years. Wouldn't surprise me if this new series painted him in the light of an anti-hero, though. Again.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I've heard that phrase before what novel is that from?
Haruhi Suzumiya. Volume ten I believe...? Ten or nine.
Can't remember the exact context though. There's just so much monologue that it's hard to remember exactly.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The power to make the best pancakes and maple syrup in the world!

OM NOM NOM NOM!

*gorges self to death*

Dammit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom