• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
Why is football the favored sport anyway? Why do we live in a society where sports like football are favored over sports like tennis and bowling? I mean, they're all equally boring.
Cus the dumb out populate the smart.
I'd rather all money and time that goes into 'professional' sports goes to schools, societal infrastructure, and healthcare. Now THAT'S what we need, not who can score the most points in a game. Besides, every sports stadium is just as Mr. Burns said "It's a private playground for the rich and powerful to enjoy, that was paid for by the poor." Around 71% of all money that goes to build these stadiums comes from taxpayer money. And just to get people riled up, the NFL is a tax-exempt institution.
American Football is the most brainless and boring sport.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
There's this rumor of a death match between two people! Has anyone heard about it yet?
A death match between only 2 people? Boooooring. I want a full on bloodbath that ends with an extinction, preferably of humankind.
Though a species of rare bird would be fine too.
I'm sorry

mimgrim

Smash Hero
A death match between only 2 people? Boooooring. I want a full on bloodbath that ends with an extinction, preferably of humankind.
Though a species of rare bird would be fine too.
I'm sorry
Well there is Gears of War 3. Though it was't humans who went extinct, it was the Locust and Lambent.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Cus the dumb out populate the smart.
I'd rather all money and time that goes into 'professional' sports goes to schools, societal infrastructure, and healthcare. Now THAT'S what we need, not who can score the most points in a game. Besides, every sports stadium is just as Mr. Burns said "It's a private playground for the rich and powerful to enjoy, that was paid for by the poor." Around 71% of all money that goes to build these stadiums comes from taxpayer money. And just to get people riled up, the NFL is a tax-exempt institution.
Or we could pay the troops that protect the country... Y'know the people who actually risk their lives?

Morbi

Scavenger
Or we could pay the troops that protect the country... Y'know the people who actually risk their lives?
The inherent problem is that most troops do not actually protect the country or risk their lives. That is mostly propaganda to be honest. I am not asserting that they are not worthy of that money, but typically those who serve do not have the greatest of options. It is a good idea in theory, but that would create some overt problems, maybe not problems, per se, but certainly an imbalance.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You guys are kinda fast today. 0_0

Not really. ;)
Teach me your ways! :3

Also, in terms of the current topic, I don't care for sports. Football least of all. :/

I also don't really care all that much for the superheros either. I can understand the appeal, but not my cup of tea.

Morbi

Scavenger
You guys are kinda fast today. 0_0

Teach me your ways! :3

Also, in terms of the current topic, I don't care for sports. Football least of all. :/

I also don't really care all that much for the superheros either. I can understand the appeal, but not my cup of tea.
Do you care about anything that is American? Do you advocate for the rights of women? Perhaps you own an Eagle? Are you going to get drunk (beer only, no exceptions) and light fireworks in a dry field on the 4th? Maybe you want to go get a cheeseburger? ANYTHING?!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Batman is a cheater.
So is Goku. He has died, like, three times and just decided to be alive again. Oh wait, no, it's because he's friends with gods.
That video was stupid.

Watching that made me realize how much of a Gary Stu Superman was. Even without that, I've always found Goku much more interesting.
Yeah, I've always loved DBZ, and I've always found Supes to be the most dull of the Justice League.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The inherent problem is that most troops do not actually protect the country or risk their lives. That is mostly propaganda to be honest. I am not asserting that they are not worthy of that money, but typically those who serve do not have the greatest of options. It is a good idea in theory, but that would create some overt problems, maybe not problems, per se, but certainly an imbalance.
Ok I'm sorry maybe I should say this then.
I'd much rather have this guy get payed more.
Than this Douche.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Do you care about anything that is American? Do you advocate for the rights of women? Perhaps you own an Eagle? Are you going to get drunk (beer only, no exceptions) and light fireworks in a dry field on the 4th? Maybe you want to go get a cheeseburger? ANYTHING?!
Well, yes woman should be more equal. I don't own an Eagle. I don't drink, (I'm also not legal for that), and I may be forced to light fireworks. And I don't care for cheeseburgers. A normal hamburger is good enough.

Ta1nted_4ngel29

Smash Ace
NNID
Ta1nted_4ngel29
The Defense budget is more than able to pay for your troops since it's $1.7+ trillion for this year alone, but it get's shifted to making new weapons/bombs/whatever. They could cut down by 50% and still be above the next dozen first world countries combined.

The budget isn't the problem, it's how it's being allocated. What really needs to be done right now is to not screw them out of their rightfully earned physical/mental healthcare that they rightfully earned buy sending all their forms through a bureaucratic hell which ultimately shafts them out of their rightfully earned healthcare.

What I was saying is that the money from 'professional' sports could be put to a far better use in education and infrastructure than it would to through a few billion dollars more onto the defense budget pile.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You didn't ask me, but I will answer

- I don't care about anything that is specifically American (that I can think of)
- Of course.
- Obviously not, but I do own 13 cats.
- I hate beer with a passion.
- I don't like fireworks. They're loud.
- I also can't stand cheesburgers.

I'm so un-American.

Morbi

Scavenger
You didn't ask me, but I will answer

- I don't care about anything that is specifically American (that I can think of)
- Of course.
- Obviously not, but I do own 13 cats.
- I hate beer with a passion.
- I don't like fireworks. They're loud.
- I also can't stand cheesburgers.

I'm so un-American.
Do you really own 13 cats? That is so epic, what are their names?! Do you play with (most of) them everyday? Cute... fat... babies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Do you really own 13 cats? That is so epic, what are their names?! Do you play with (most of) them everyday? Cute... fat... babies.
I do, I love them all so very much!
As for the names (please don't ask for origins): Alexander, Olio, Pumpkin, Buddygirl, Sandy, Daisy, Mayfield, Coco, Lumpkins, Fluffin, Danny, Yogurt, and Tik-Tak.

I like more than my human friends, honestly.
edit: I swear my insanity is being exploited right now.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Odd how the times i'm the funniest it are the days I suffered or something horrible is gonna happen.
Meaning I could become a stand-up comedian in my death bed.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Oh! I found a leaked poster about the event!
Hhhmmm.. interesting...hmmm

View attachment 17484

Looks like @ Sehnsucht Sehnsucht is participating....
How very interesting. I'm so interested, I'm liable to jump for joy.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaany moment now.
Nope, looks like we're all parked straight in who-gives-a-****-ville. Whoopee.
disclaimer: I am not being serious

Glyphoscythe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Glyphoscythe
3DS FC
0834-0985-0680
I do, I love them all so very much!
As for the names (please don't ask for origins): Alexander, Olio, Pumpkin, Buddygirl, Sandy, Daisy, Mayfield, Coco, Lumpkins, Fluffin, Danny, Yogurt, and Tik-Tak.

I like more than my human friends, honestly.
So Kenith gathers cats! Mystery solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom