• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
American football is far too stop and go for my tastes. Every interesting thing is over quickly and followed by more waiting.

I'm not the biggest fan of sports in general, but at least I can understand why people get so excited over soccer.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, so Norway is right NEXT to netherlands.

I get it

It's not part of it

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You could say that it's because of injuries or you could say it's because of the money.
5 years in the NFL would mean your grandchildren wouldn't have to work for anything.
Even the bench-warmers make about 6 digits a year.
Growing up in a 6 digit household, that's actually not as much as you're implying. For millionaires in the United States, the "magic number" is considered to be about 32 million in savings which means that once you hit this number, you can pretty much deal with virtually any potential financial crisis (medical bills, natural disasters, etc) as long as you live modestly (but comfortably) until the day you die. That's just for you and doesn't include any offspring. It's also estimated that for a family of 4 to be able to handle pretty much anything life throws at them in the course of a year and still live comfortable, they'd need to bring in a net income of about $300,000. Granted, pro athlete money can go a long way but definitely not multiple generation long.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Growing up in a 6 digit household, that's actually not as much as you're implying. For millionaires in the United States, the "magic number" is considered to be about 32 million in savings which means that once you hit this number, you can pretty much deal with virtually any potential financial crisis (medical bills, natural disasters, etc) as long as you live modestly (but comfortably) until the day you die. That's just for you and doesn't include any offspring. It's also estimated that for a family of 4 to be able to handle pretty much anything life throws at them in the course of a year and still live comfortable, they'd need to bring in a net income of about $300,000. Granted, pro athlete money can go a long way but definitely not multiple generation long.
I don't guess you know what bench-warmers are do you?
But in all seriousness I don't care that much about the NFL so I wouldn't know the exact numbers.
I live in Alabama so I obviously have to be a college football fan.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't guess you know what bench-warmers are do you?
But in all seriousness I don't care that much about the NFL so I wouldn't know the exact numbers.
I live in Alabama so I obviously have to be a college football fan.
I do know what they are. Does that imply you were joking about the amount they made or...? Either way, I'm pretty jaded against American football for a number of reasons. It also doesn't help that I work for a university and see first hand how toxic it is to them.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
Also, @ anyone who said this, I agree, American Football is the most brainless and boring sport.
I can get behind people liking soccer and baseball, and a few others, but "Murican" Football is serious garbage.
As a person who used to play Football and Rugby around the same time in my life, Rugby is by far the superior sport. Its more physical, and there is actual strategy to it other than run or pass.

Its unfortunate because I think people would enjoy Rugby waaaaay more than football if it were more mainstream, but it isnt, sadly, at least over here in NA it isn't :(

And yes, Canadian football is a thing and I prefer it over American football

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I do know what they are. Does that imply you were joking about the amount they made or...? Either way, I'm pretty jaded against American football for a number of reasons. It also doesn't help that I work for a university and see first hand how toxic it is to them.
I was implying that they make 6 digits when they really do almost nothing.
But I was in no way trying to start an argument I was just asking as I know that term isn't used everywhere.

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Wow exactly.

I used AC as an example because for what its worth, the concept was unexplored and the mechanics were fun, fresh and the game was extremely fluid and approachable. Now while the games are fundamentally the same with every installment, it gets bland very fast for me. Yes they have begun to include new elements like sea battles, but I find those games repetitive and not fresh at all.
AC 3 and 4 were just bad in general. I have the Ezio trilogy and loved it, the games were just really well built. But when I got AC 3, bleh. I didn't even get far in it. It was a glitchfest, soldiers spotted you when they shouldn't have, the combat system didn't feel right and it was much harder to counter, and stealth felt very moot in the game after the opera. It just didn't feel like AC. And I hear AC4 has similar problems. I still have yet to play the very first AC though. Hopefully the new one coming out is actually good.

Are you American?
If not then like I've said before anyone who's not American won't really understand because it's our culture.
A big part of our culture as a matter of fact be careful who you say that to in America is all I'm saying.
I'm American and don't get the appeal of Football. The only thing I like about it are the commercials during the Super Bowl. All sports are boring to watch though, though some are fun to play (but Football ain't one of them).

I had to do this. I had to freakin' do this.

Morbi

Scavenger
As a person who used to play Football and Rugby around the same time in my life, Rugby is by far the superior sport. Its more physical, and there is actual strategy to it other than run or pass.

Its unfortunate because I think people would enjoy Rugby waaaaay more than football if it were more mainstream, but it isnt, sadly, at least over here in NA it isn't :(
No. The superior sport is competitive Melee. It is more physical and there is much more strategy involved.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
AC 3 and 4 were just bad in general. I have the Ezio trilogy and loved it, the games were just really well built. But when I got AC 3, bleh. I didn't even get far in it. It was a glitchfest, soldiers spotted you when they shouldn't have, the combat system didn't feel right and it was much harder to counter, and stealth felt very moot in the game after the opera. It just didn't feel like AC. And I hear AC4 has similar problems. I still have yet to play the very first AC though. Hopefully the new one coming out is actually good.

I'm American and don't get the appeal of Football. The only thing I like about it are the commercials during the Super Bowl. All sports are boring to watch though, though some are fun to play (but Football ain't one of them).

You guys were talking about Assisans Creed? All this time I thought it was Animal Crossing. Darn initials... they're not nearly as bad as mine though... "MS" .

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm also a little bumbed out on AC I used to buy everyone that came out but now after AC3 I don't think they'll find a good timeframe for the rest of them.
I loved the crasades, renaissance, and The American Revolution, but really the age of piracy? The French Revolution looks interesting but not enough to make me buy the game.
Until they come out with one that takes place in Ancient Japan or one of The World Wars I don't think I'll get another one.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
The only sport I actually care about is American Soccer, or what the rest of the world calls it, Football. I never understood why American's called American Football "Football", I almost never see them use their feet.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm also a little bumbed out on AC I used to buy everyone that came out but now after AC3 I don't think they'll find a good timeframe for the rest of them.
I loved the crasades, renaissance, and The American Revolution, but really the age of piracy? The French Revolution looks interesting but not enough to make me buy the game.
Until they come out with one that takes place in Ancient Japan or one of The World Wars I don't think I'll get another one.
I also loved the Crasades; but I am tired of Assassin's Creed taking place in the past. I want the setting to be futuristic in the next installment. World War 3 is where the money is at. Just saying.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I really don't care about the time frame.

It's the gameplay that matters, which AC3 did pretty horribly. And I haven't heard good things about AC4 in that regard either. >_>

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Didn't that series used to be about

assassinating?
It still is I guess but the time frames they are using now I'm not all that familiar with so they don't interest me as much.
The new ones will never be like meeting Leonardo DaVinci that was probably my favorite Assassin's Creed moment.
They aren't all that interesting to me anymore.
I also loved the Crasades; but I am tired of Assassin's Creed taking place in the past. I want the setting to be futuristic in the next installment. World War 3 is where the money is at. Just saying.
I agree, the Desmond missions in AC3 were the best parts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't that series used to be about

assassinating?
It did? No, it was about sailing!

On the subject of sports, I don't follow anything, because I just don't care. Why should I care who wins the next big game? It doesn't help me get into college, and I don't find it entertaining, so I just ignore it.

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I just have a problem with being able to murder an entire fortress of soldiers in a game that is supposed to be about stealth. I feel way to invincible in AC, like I can fight my way out of any situation. Feeling invincible like that is weird, especially early in the game. I should feel powerful because of experience and/or abilities, not because I can counter every attack with a hidden blade to the face.

No. The superior sport is competitive Melee. It is more physical and there is much more strategy involved.
Well, I wasnt talking about e sports, but yes.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Sports talk? Just dropping by to say that you all should get into NHL hockey. Super entertaining and fast paced. Also the players aren't all whiners.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just have a problem with being able to murder an entire fortress of soldiers in a game that is supposed to be about stealth. I feel way to invincible in AC, like I can fight my way out of any situation. Feeling invincible like that is weird, especially early in the game. I should feel powerful because of experience and/or abilities, not because I can counter every attack with a hidden blade to the face.
Assassin's Creed 1 did that the best it was actually difficult it actually required strategy.
It was my favorite for those reasons alone... and the story was pretty awesome.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Sports talk? Just dropping by to say that you all should get into NHL hockey. Super entertaining and fast paced. Also the players aren't all whiners.
I've always thought NHL and NASCAR were alike.
The most entertaining parts are the things that aren't suppose to happen...
Fights and Wrecks...
Oh yeah and here comes another left turn.:troll:

Morbi

Scavenger
I am not a huge sports fan; I actually enjoy watching them to an extent, but I never get around to it. I am too busy following my "Esports."

What if we like "whiners"?

I will never understand why people break into fist fights in hockey....
Because it is serious business.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom