• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Egoraptor's just pissed because he never beat the Water Temple.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I just realized how I'm going to deal with the existence of Miis. Whenever the challenger approaching signal for the Miis appears and I have to fight them to unlock them, I'll kill myself. That way, I'll never unlock the Miis and never have to deal with seeing them on an otherwise fantastic roster.

Seriously, Miis are the only choice by Sakurai I can't get behind.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I just realized how I'm going to deal with the existence of Miis. Whenever the challenger approaching signal for the Miis appears and I have to fight them to unlock them, I'll kill myself. That way, I'll never unlock the Miis and never have to deal with seeing them on an otherwise fantastic roster.

Seriously, Miis are the only choice by Sakurai I can't get behind.
But why? Those are some really strong words with nothing to back them up.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I've seen a lot of people say they aren't going to take Arins critique seriously because they said he's bad at the game -_-.... really?

I also like these two comments especially this first one if only for the second to last sentence. Sad but true...
So basically Arin doesn't like being immersed in a world beyond "doing this will give you the thing to kill doods better" and hates when games have actual structure. Nothing new was learned. Everyone will agree with him because its Arin. The world will continue to spin.
This one just made me laugh. Whether its accurate or not is open to suggestion
Pretentious Hipster: The Video

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I take it this new Transformers movie wasn't as good as the first 3?

Without spoiling much, I'll say this:

The human characters were more tolerable this time around. Mark Wahlberg's character and his daughter and her boyfriend weren't the irritating borderline insufferable characters Shia Labeouf and Megan Fox/underwear model were. It was definitely a long film and the Autobots were... interesting this time around as I mentioned in my spoiler-tagged post (because it contains spoilers), but the Autobots were easier to tell apart this time around since they all had unique interesting designs whereas the previous films they got kinda lost in the CGI shuffle.

As a fan of these movies, I liked it. It's WAAAY better than Revenge of the Fallen (that's not particularly hard to do though). There are some things I would have done better, but yeah... I liked it.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Eh, I wasn't bothered by the human cast for the first three Transformers. I am actually a bit disappointed that Shie Lebepuf didn't return lol.

Still, Dark of the Moon was my fave one. Spock Transformer was too good, even using a Spock quote xD.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I've seen a lot of people say they aren't going to take Arins critique seriously because they said he's bad at the game -_-.... really?

I also like these two comments especially this first one if only for the second to last sentence. Sad but true...
"Everyone will agree with him because he's Arin."

Not to say this isn't true or untrue, but I find it funny when Arin said almost the same thing about Zelda. xD

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
"Everyone will agree with him because he's Arin."

Not to say this isn't true or untrue, but I find it funny when Arin said almost the same thing about Zelda. xD
Yea I liked thought the parallel he made with Skyward Sword was clever but in accurate. But I'm biased since I like that game.

Most of the time people tend to hate then like Zelda games. Weird that theres like a unspoken general consensus on Zelda games.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Yea I liked thought the parallel he made with Skyward Sword was clever but in accurate. But I'm biased since I like that game.

Most of the time people tend to hate then like Zelda games. Weird that theres like a unspoken general consensus on Zelda games.
I though Skyward Sword was incredible even moving it up to my second on the list of my favorite Zelda games.
The reason I enjoyed it so much was the story unlike the other Zelda games where it was a Zelda has been captured go save her this one changed as you went on.
The only Zelda game I like more was Majora's Mask and it was for almost the same reasons.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
But why? Those are some really strong words with nothing to back them up.
To be honest, I usually am not harsh to these things and wholeheartedly accept whatever Sakurai gives me. I'll also admit that Miis were implemented in the best way possible.

What I don't like is:
1) 3 different move sets that could have been given to three more deserving newcomers (ex. the sword move set would work great with Takamaru, or any other sword based Nintendo character for that fact)
2) They're downright ugly. Even the most simple Miis look aesthetically displeasing put next to the other characters. There's no avoiding this, though, which is why I REALLY didn't want Miis in this game.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Never seen Game Grumps I'm seeing.

It's just cringe worthy that he's not following his own philosophies.
I love Game Grumps, but that is absolutely true.

In Mega Man Sequalitis, something along the lines of: "The game teaches you the mechanics"

But if he were to play Mega Man X blind on Game Grumps: "This game is stupid, it doesn't tell you anything!"

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
To be honest, I usually am not harsh to these things and wholeheartedly accept whatever Sakurai gives me. I'll also admit that Miis were implemented in the best way possible.

What I don't like is:
1) 3 different move sets that could have been given to three more deserving newcomers (ex. the sword move set would work great with Takamaru, or any other sword based Nintendo character for that fact)
2) They're downright ugly. Even the most simple Miis look aesthetically displeasing put next to the other characters. There's no avoiding this, though, which is why I REALLY didn't want Miis in this game.
I felt I was OK with them until I saw the way they were implemented in-game.
I mean all those moves can go to someone more deserving.
They could have gave them a cool single moveset like they did R.O.B and I would be fine. But 3? Really?
One "character" 3 movesets...
That... really sucks.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Video Games are a complicated mismash of different elements that have a different reactions from person to person. I didn't really agree with Egoraptor as my favorite genre is RPGs mostly of JRPGs, I generally want the context surrounding the situation. Dialogue and set pieces in the game create some of that context for me and which is why I don't mind it, having to go do to step A to step B before entering an area has never really bothered me like his example of going through the Death Mountain Gate. The flaws that OoT present don't impact me as much as Egoraptor because what I get out of my games is a different things, and also I feel that many of the flaws are result of decisions that had to be made due to the times and system limitations that the design team was faced with at the time, it's the same reason I'm forgiving of a lot of older games.

I don't agree with him but I am willing to at least listen and try to understand.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Never seen Game Grumps I'm seeing.

It's just cringe worthy that he's not following his own philosophies.
I'm subbed to Game Grumps. I used to watch it a lot but for a while I haven't cared to watch. It is pretty annoying when they're stuck at the beginning of Naught Bear for a whole episode. Or when they never finished Sonic 06 :/

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
He has massive nostalgia goggles for 8 bit games cause zelda 1 has aged horrible. you cant move diagonally.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
"THATS IT!!!! IM GOING TO END THIS CHARADE, NOW!!!!!!" Bellatrix.gif.

Every Pokemon game before X and Y sucks. You can't sit on things.

-----
For an rpg it doesn't really matter but in zelda you have to dodge things and stab and moving in all direction can help hell lttp had that

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
For an rpg it doesn't really matter but in zelda you have to dodge things and stab and moving in all direction can help hell lttp had that
The difference between a NES title and a SNES title is that NES title's essentially had "Grids" While the SNES obviously did not.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
He has massive nostalgia goggles for 8 bit games cause zelda 1 has aged horrible. you cant move diagonally.
Moving diagonally wasn't the main problem, it more so had to with the severe lack of direction.

Basically if you've never used a guide and are playing it for the first time, there is a strong possibility of being lost.

Metroid and RPGs in general on the NES also had a similar problem.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Who's this NonSpecificGuy fellow? I haven't seen him before but he seems to be trying to overtake Morbid in the race to like the most posts feasibly possible.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Gather round the campfire boys and girls! A story this way comes!

Revenge of the Wireframes.png

Coincidentally, does anybody remember the highest amount of Wireframes they managed to take down in Endless Melee?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Who's this NonSpecificGuy fellow? I haven't seen him before but he seems to be trying to overtake Morbid in the race to like the most posts feasibly possible.
For aeons, MorbidAltruism and NonSpecificGuy have been locked in grueling conflict.

As their Likes collide, the fates of whole worlds lie in the balance.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I always like posts unless they are significantly ignorant.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
For aeons, MorbidAltruism and NonSpecificGuy have been locked in grueling conflict.

As their Likes collide, the fates of whole worlds lie in the balance.
The key to being funny is to not try at all.

And to diversify your comedic repertoire.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
The key to being funny is to not try at all.

And to diversify your comedic repertoire.
If you're thought as funny but don't try there's a good chance that you're being laughed at.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom