• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The use of Agency FB (or a similar typeface) as the main font rather than ITC Avant Garde Condensed (used in smashbros.com's character pictures) debunks this easily, but this is just a joke.
I'm pretty sure the obviously 90's render that's been used in other games is what debunks this.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I'd say it's good you're fully recovered, but I'm not sure if your mental state of mind is.
What about you? Shortly before I got infected, you tried to get the mods to change the thread title to something related about C**DOMS!! Have you been doing any shenanigans while I was gone? Let me know!

Oh forget it, let me ask the other people.

Other regulars, has TJ-Works tried to pull anymore sick jokes since then?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
What about you? Shortly before I got infected, you tried to get the mods to change the thread title to something related about C**DOMS!! Have you been doing any shenanigans while I was gone? Let me know!

Oh that wasn't a joke. That was a serious nation holiday taking place in Japan, and I demanded the rest of our nations should follow this act of raising awareness of contraception.

As jokey as I am, I was serious.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I made a new drawing!
image.jpg

Yoshi wants to hug you! Would you hug him as well? :yoshi2:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Anyways, if we're talking DLC, anyone want to throw ideas out for stages?

I was hoping Melee's Kraid Stage or the Brawl Prime stage would make into the 3DS version. Since the Wii-U version had two Metroid stages, but the 3DS doesn't.

While we're at it, Melee Mute City would be amazing. Though I guess a lot of lag would be expected in For Fun.

I don't remember how many N64 stages are in either game, so I guess one or two from that game would be cool. Namely Hyrule Castle being a good choice.
I was hoping to see Hyrule Castle N64 on the 3DS version, and maybe if Sakurai would put in a Splatoon stage for Wii U version, I can imagine a lot of people would like that.

I'll agree with Mute City Melee, I miss that a lot. I don't see it happening, but it would be nice.

I think what's really missing is a Toon Zelda stage for the Wii U version. 3DS had the Spirit Train, so why not put a Wind Waker stage for Wii U version. Hell, I wouldn't mind if it was still the Pirate Ship.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Condom day is a real thing in Japan. Don't ask me why it is, I wouldn't know. Still, I suppose it's at least promoting safety and all that after school special stuff, so you can't get mad at it.

And, seriously, I don't think the word condom needs to be censored.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I made a new drawing!
View attachment 54001
Yoshi wants to hug you! Would you hug him as well? :yoshi2:
I know I would. :yoshimelee:

Condom day is a real thing in Japan. Don't ask me why it is, I wouldn't know. Still, I suppose it's at least promoting safety and all that after school special stuff, so you can't get mad at it.

Well excuse me, Princess! The mods even made it clear in the title.

image.jpg

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Just stop. It's not funny. It's clearly fake. And it doesn't add much in the way of conversation.

I was hoping Melee's Kraid Stage or the Brawl Prime stage would make into the 3DS version. Since the Wii-U version had two Metroid stages, but the 3DS doesn't.

While we're at it, Melee Mute City would be amazing. Though I guess a lot of lag would be expected in For Fun.

I don't remember how many N64 stages are in either game, so I guess one or two from that game would be cool. Namely Hyrule Castle being a good choice.
I would love to see Fourside back. Onett is already in Wii U and New Pork is probably too big for the 3DS and too annoying. Plus, 3DS doesn't have a returning Mother stage.
And Fountain of Dreams, but assuming Royu is real, we'll be getting 64 Dreamland and I doubt we would get two returning stages from one series in one version.

You know Cliff. When the subject is sex, he goes full 'NOT LISTENING! NOT LISTENING!' mode.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
All right, now I'm on a quest to unlock every custom move in Smash 4 and make custom sets for every character.
It can be useful if I ever wanted to change mains, and it can happen a lot. So having every single moves in the game is good. Right now, I have custom sets for :
:4mario:/:4luigi:/:4bowser:/:rosalina:/:4littlemac:/:4ganondorf:/:4samus:/:4palutena: (duh) /:4falco:/:4ness:/:4falcon:/:4drmario:/:4lucina:/:4megaman:
And those are the sets I want the most. It's gonna be long to have them all.
:4dk:/:4zelda:/:4zss:/:4marth:/:4robinf:/:4kirby:/:4fox:/:4pikachu:/:4wiifit:

So yeah, that's what I want. What do you have in terms of custom moves ? Just a little question that nobody will answer, but still asking it anyway.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Just stop. It's not funny. It's clearly fake. And it doesn't add much in the way of conversation.

The only N64 stage is in the Wii U version, and it's 1 only, Jungle Japes 64...
My only stage DLC wants are mostly old stages. Namely the 64 stages, and from the 64 stages namely Hyrule Castle and Mushroom Kingdom. I think Brinstar 64 would be a great choice too though due to how much of an odd choice it'd be. Besides that, Fountain of Dreams and Bowser's Castle(a new stage entirely) are what I'm hoping for.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Well...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
" But the kiiiiiddds"

News flash cliff, we are all adults here. We can take the word condom
You know Cliff. When the subject is sex, he goes full 'NOT LISTENING! NOT LISTENING!' mode.
but he... has a gf.... *puts hands up* nvm
Well excuse me, Princess! The mods even made it clear in the title.

View attachment 54002
You are forgetting that it eventually did change though

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So yeah, that's what I want. What do you have in terms of custom moves ? Just a little question that nobody will answer, but still asking it anyway.
On the 3DS version I have all of them thanks to hours and hours of grinding in Smash Run, on the Wii U version just a few, but I don't think I'll be grinding them again. I still have to test them, though.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
On the 3DS version I have all of them thanks to hours and hours of grinding in Smash Run, on the Wii U version just a few, but I don't think I'll be grinding them again. I still have to test them, though.
I just transfer custom sets from the 3DS to the Wii U. It's much easier in my opinion, since you won't play with some customs a lot, or never. I custom sets for all my mains and secondaries.

I will say this though, even if every character can be interresting with customs, they are unequal. For example, the custom moves of Samus sucks, but the ones of Mario or Ganondorf are great. It's hard to make every custom moves good for all those characters, but it's still frustrating at times.

And I'll always wonder why Palutena was chosen as the character to show how custom moves can work. It's unequal, since she's the only normal character to have all her custom moves different. Mario should have been the obvious character to choose for showing off custom moves, he is the basic character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just transfer custom sets from the 3DS to the Wii U. It's much easier in my opinion, since you won't play with some customs a lot, or never. I custom sets for all my mains and secondaries.

I will say this though, even if every character can be interresting with customs, they are unequal. For example, the custom moves of Samus sucks, but the ones of Mario or Ganondorf are great. It's hard to make every custom moves good for all those characters, but it's still frustrating at times.

And I'll always wonder why Palutena was chosen as the character to show how custom moves can work. It's unequal, since she's the only normal character to have all her custom moves different. Mario should have been the obvious character to choose for showing off custom moves, he is the basic character.
Speaking of Custom moves, I wonder if Ice Slasher has gotten any better for Mega Man. Most people seem to stick with Crash Bomb or use Danger Wrap. I might try Hyper Bomb a little bit, but Metal Blades are so good.

I think Pac-Man's moves are decent too. Namely that longer range Side-B. There's something about doing a full loop with that thing that's entertaining.

You're the first person to mention Mario being the one who could have had totally different custom moves. Most other people think that Kirby and Mega Man would fit that mold due to the moves they use in their source games.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
All right, now I'm on a quest to unlock every custom move in Smash 4 and make custom sets for every character.
It can be useful if I ever wanted to change mains, and it can happen a lot. So having every single moves in the game is good. Right now, I have custom sets for :
:4mario:/:4luigi:/:4bowser:/:rosalina:/:4littlemac:/:4ganondorf:/:4samus:/:4palutena: (duh) /:4falco:/:4ness:/:4falcon:/:4drmario:/:4lucina:/:4megaman:
And those are the sets I want the most. It's gonna be long to have them all.
:4dk:/:4zelda:/:4zss:/:4marth:/:4robinf:/:4kirby:/:4fox:/:4pikachu:/:4wiifit:

I have all of them on the Wii U I don't have the 3DS version of smash.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Today is hentai day!
Splatoon Hype!

Not counting kids, squids, Squidwards and Squids Grills, what I missed?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not counting kids, squids, Squidwards and Squids Grills, what I missed?
Well, we were talking about possible DLC stages. I think stages, gimmicky or not, also play a big role in Smash. So Hopefully, we see more along the way, just like the characters.

Like I said before, I want one of the Metroid Stages not already present to be used on the 3DS version of the game. And for Melee Mute City to make a comeback.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Speaking of Custom moves, I wonder if Ice Slasher has gotten any better for Mega Man. Most people seem to stick with Crash Bomb or use Danger Wrap. I might try Hyper Bomb a little bit, but Metal Blades are so good.

I think Pac-Man's moves are decent too. Namely that longer range Side-B. There's something about doing a full loop with that thing that's entertaining.

You're the first person to mention Mario being the one who could have had totally different custom moves. Most other people think that Kirby and Mega Man would fit that mold due to the moves they use in their source games.
Mega Man has some good customs, thogh the Ice Slash isn't really useful. Crash Bomb has more killing power, and Danger Wrap gives more mindgames and shield pressure. Hyper bombs aren't really great compared to the two other neutral b moves. The angle it makes isn't really great for pressuring, the main thing of the Super Fighting Robot.

I never play Pac-Man because I dislike his playstyle, but he's still one funny character to see and play. So I don't know his customs except for the Flaming Down B.

I don't think there's a lot of room for Mario to have unique custom moves, but it would have been the logical choice. Palutena seems weird to me. She's not really easy for beginners, and while her customs are definitely awesome and unique, using Mario for this role would have gaved a lot more success to promote customs to new players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom