• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Shantae is getting a lot of pull lately. Not sure how I feel about that. She's not a bad character, and she'd fit well enough. But I can't help but be skeptical with most third party characters.

That said, if either Shantae, Simon Belmont or Phoenix Wright were picked in some way for DLC, I'd be hyped. It's not likely though so I'm just rambling I guess.
I feel like Snake is the only 3rd party that has the chance to happen.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I still wonder if 3rd party developers had REAL hopes of getting their characters on Smash or they just joined the hype train for pubilicity purposes...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To be honest, I'm actually super baffled why Nintendo didn't set any ground rules on who's eligible on either the Direct or the Smash site. Seems strange just say so on their social media pages first.

So far, ignoring that Facebook post, I see 2 conditions on what is allowed:

- Being a trophy in 3DS/Wii U prior to DLC news doesn't kill a character's chances (as both :4mewtwo: & :4lucas: has shown)
- Alt costumes of existing characters doesn't hurt chances (:4mario: still has his yellow color swap despite of :4wario2:. However, this excludes Alph & the Koopalings).

And of course, Sakurai's rules he's had since forever:
- Must originated from a video game
- Must have been on a Nintendo system at least.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I finally have my NNID back on my New 3DS!

Thank you based Nintendo.

But I lost my friend list in the process, oh well. Anyone want to play some Smash?

D

Deleted member

I finally have my NNID back on my New 3DS!

Thank you based Nintendo.

But I lost my friend list in the process, oh well. Anyone want to play some Smash?
I would, but...
1. My interest on video games as a whole has been waning for quite a while. I really need to stop that.
2. I haven't played Smash Bros. much lately.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Can we vote for real deserving canidates like, K. Rool or Takamaru now?

D

Deleted member

I still wonder if 3rd party developers had REAL hopes of getting their characters on Smash or they just joined the hype train for pubilicity purposes
I assume either the latter or a mix of both. To be fair, some of these indie characters would be fun and unique additions to the Smash Bros. roster. I know I would buy Gunvolt day one and enjoy his playstyle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Can we vote for real deserving canidates like, K. Rool or Takamaru now?
Way ahead of you there, even though the latter might as well not happen until the next Smash title. With the large amount of votes that K. Rool has, we might as well refer him as a shoo-in for DLC.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I was about to decide to not vote, but then Comedy Central aired that episode of South Park where Stan got exiled because he didn't wanted to vote :estatic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom