• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
if I had to bet on characters
I'd bet on Wolf and Issac appearing next
Don't care for either of them though
Wolf is all that remains for me to have my roster wishes granted, so I've voted for him. Fortunately, he may be quite likely given he's as requested as Lucas was and there's the new Star Fox game coming.

Any other character will be neat bonuses that I will download as well, but if Wolf was the only add-on character besides Lucas and Mewtwo, I wouldn't be mad.

Lucas and Wolf were the only cuts that bothered me.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Something to note is that this voting's results may also be used for future Smash games, so if you're voting for Assist Trophies or bosses, they might actually consider those votes for the next game instead.
At least we know who will be promoted to playable status in the next game. He's deadly, has eyes of a hawk, and can burn his foes with fire. :troll:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
S H O K A N B O Y S

I really want to see what moves Jax's variations will have. I wouldn't be too surprised if he got a Keep-a-way version of himself. I kind of remember him having a rocket launcher in one of the leaked pictures.
I'm wondering if the entire roster will be available during the stream today. If so, maybe someone will select Jax and Jacqi so we can see more of them before next week's Kombat Kast.

But yeah, I know what you're referring to regarding Jax. I'm sure he'll have a variation like that since most characters seem to.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
These "propagandas" are giving me headaches,and to think this still the fourth day from the next 6 months.
It'll die down eventually. But the initial hype is definitely still going.

At least we know who will be promoted to playable status in the next game. He's deadly, has eyes of a hawk, and can burn his foes with fire. :troll:
Man, I'd be excited for that guy. Blaziken's my favorite Pokemon.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Wolf is all that remains for me to have my roster wishes granted, so I've voted for him. Fortunately, he may be quite likely given he's as requested as Lucas was and there's the new Star Fox game coming.

Any other character will be neat bonuses that I will download as well, but if Wolf was the only add-on character besides Lucas and Mewtwo, I wouldn't be mad.

Lucas and Wolf were the only cuts that bothered me.
No cuts really bothered me
Any DLC char is just icing on the cake
I can't honestly have an incomplete roster so I'm going to buy Lucas and others even if I'm not gonna use them

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Anyone else, despite the fact that they don't use/like Mii Fighters that much, going to use that Proto Man Mii costume religiously?
I mean, create an Mii face that is unassuming and from a visual standpoint you're basically just playing as Proto Man, and THAT is awesome.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm wondering if the entire roster will be available during the stream today. If so, maybe someone will select Jax and Jacqi so we can see more of them before next week's Kombat Kast.

But yeah, I know what you're referring to regarding Jax. I'm sure he'll have a variation like that since most characters seem to.
Yeah, that seems about right. I'm pretty interested to see what Jacqi can do too. If I had to guess, she might be a speedy close range fighter on the whole. She could end up more like Takeda and less like Cassie, nothing against her though, but she's kind of a mix between two existing characters. Takeda is pretty unique for a guy who could have been Scorpion and Kenshi put together.

I wonder if they'll eventually add Noob Saibot. He's usually pretty fun to fight as.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Anyone else, despite the fact that they don't use/like Mii Fighters that much, going to use that Proto Man Mii costume religiously.
I mean, create an Mii face that is unassuming and from a visual standpoint you're basically just playing as Proto Man, and THAT is awesome.
This
I don't have a swordfighter mii but I'm gonna make one just to play as Dunban
Even though I play 3 characters with swords already

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Gonna make Miis for Dunban, Proto Man, & X to go with the costumes. I've been studying the face of the Miis used for costumes to match them.

For the Link outfit, I'll make Lonk from Pennsylvania.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone else, despite the fact that they don't use/like Mii Fighters that much, going to use that Proto Man Mii costume religiously.
Yeah, I feel that way too. But more so for Mega Man X, even if the Protoman costume is much more convincing given Miis are closer to Protoman's size. Either way, it's a pretty awesome addition nonetheless.

This
I don't have a swordfighter mii but I'm gonna make one just to play as Dunban
Even though I play 3 characters with swords already
But none of them are FREAKING DUNBAN THOUGH so who cares about those other nerds.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gonna made Miis for Dunban, Proto Man, & X to go with the costumes. I've been studying the face of the Miis used for costumes to match them.

For the Link outfit, I'll make Lonk from Pennsylvania.
Truly this is the path we must follow.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I don't think either have great chances, but you should vote for Roy.
So you want a Midna + Wolf Link combo? Kinda like the Duck Hunt Duo? I can see how that would work. I would want Skyward Sword representation first, so Ghirahim got my vote for Zelda. Kinda like Paper Mario, I can see how Wolf Link would be VERY different from regular and Toon Link, but I don't want a 3rd Link in the game. Though if that's who they choose I would be very happy. There is still the Twilight Princess design over the main Zelda characters, so they'd fit right in.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
So you want a Midna + Wolf Link combo? Kinda like the Duck Hunt Duo? I can see how that would work. I would want Skyward Sword representation first, so Ghirahim got my vote for Zelda. Kinda like Paper Mario, I can see how Wolf Link would be VERY different from regular and Toon Link, but I don't want a 3rd Link in the game. Though if that's who they choose I would be very happy. There is still the Twilight Princess design over the main Zelda characters, so they'd fit right in.
A radically different 3rd Link though
I would actually be okay if a Midna+Wolf Link duo got in over Impa
Three Marths on the other hand >_>

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If you don't want a third Link, this is officially a thing:

Has more moveset potential too, but I prefer Wolf Link.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, that seems about right. I'm pretty interested to see what Jacqi can do too. If I had to guess, she might be a speedy close range fighter on the whole. She could end up more like Takeda and less like Cassie, nothing against her though, but she's kind of a mix between two existing characters. Takeda is pretty unique for a guy who could have been Scorpion and Kenshi put together.

I wonder if they'll eventually add Noob Saibot. He's usually pretty fun to fight as.
Funny enough, I planned on using Takeda regardless of how he played because he's the apprentice of my favorite character and the son of one of my other favorite characters. So when I saw how he ended up playing in the character breakdown, I was overjoyed.

And I'd be so sad if Noob doesn't at least make an appearance in the story one way or another. His status is unknown imo.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Funny enough, I planned on using Takeda regardless of how he played because he's the apprentice of my favorite character and the son of one of my other favorite characters. So when I saw how he ended up playing in the character breakdown, I was overjoyed.

And I'd be so sad if Noob doesn't at least make an appearance in the story one way or another. His status is unknown imo.
Yeah, Takeda has the most interesting back-story of the new Earthrealm fighters, at least so far. And it's awesome he had a connection to two badasses. But his whip moves really sealed the deal.

For Noob, getting a cameo would be nice at least. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's one ninja(or cyber ninja)that we haven't seen yet, even in trailers. You know how MK devs usually has some tricks up their sleeves. Though I might be hopeful.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Yeah, Takeda has the most interesting back-story of the new Earthrealm fighters, at least so far. And it's awesome he had a connection to two badasses. But his whip moves really sealed the deal.

For Noob, getting a cameo would be nice at least. But I wouldn't be surprised if there's one ninja(or cyber ninja)that we haven't seen yet, even in trailers. You know how MK devs usually has some tricks up their sleeves. Though I might be hopeful.
Definitely. I can't to finally get the chance to play through story mode. I really want to see how he is with Hanzo/Scorpion and how he's able to connect with his father, Kenshi.

And yeah, I'm sure there are still plenty of surprises in store. Some think that between the leaks and everything they've shown so far, we know too much. I disagree though. There's bound to be a great deal of content in the game to keep people happy. Excited for the Krypt too :)

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I regret thinking this, but I almost know this is the last game in the series. I mean, they are cramming SOOO much content into this one game. They didn't even give it an actual name like Melee or Brawl, because the games for Wii U/ 3DS pretty much define what Sakurai was looking for. What else would they want to add if there is another game in the Smash series? Other than new characters, there isn't much. Unless a new director of the series comes in, I think this is the last of the series. But we will still play it decades later I'm sure.
But it's not a "game". It's and idea. Ok nevermind it is a game but still it will never be forgotten.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Shantae is getting a lot of pull lately. Not sure how I feel about that. She's not a bad character, and she'd fit well enough. But I can't help but be skeptical with most third party characters.

That said, if either Shantae, Simon Belmont or Phoenix Wright were picked in some way for DLC, I'd be hyped. It's not likely though so I'm just rambling I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom