• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
exactly what I was thinking allow me to explain, Microsoft says they would be happy to have banjo in smash bros Nintendo agrees the fandom rejoices however banjo being relapsed as dlc increases the general knowledge of him in japan causing interest in Microsoft products to increase Microsoft in response releases a hd port of banjo kazzoie and banjo twoiee while sales game will be minimal to somewhat decent outside of japan the already interested market will be drawn to the game and where dose Microsoft consoles sell the worst Japan console sales will increase in japan in odder to play the game and boom Microsoft makes a killing from console sales game sales and the deal with Nintendo to make banjo a dlc character

I don't know why, but this whole theory makes sense. They are doing this for the sake of making more profit in Japan. Why didn't I think of this before? It would be really said if they will use nostalgia as means to help them achieve that goal.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Can't wait to see all the Goku, Shrek and MANY Votes like this, so Sakurai will never give us the chance to vote ever again.
So, I just noticed that it says that your vote might be made public on internet....

Does that mean we could see my 500 characters at one point?
Maybe they are just going to tally up the votes and the top 5 or ten will be put in smash.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Can't wait to see all the Goku, Shrek and MANY Votes like this, so Sakurai will never give us the chance to vote ever again.

Maybe they are just going to tally up the votes and the top 5 or ten will be put in smash.
I('m honestly not convinced numbers matters.

Because, there';s a reasons they even allow you to have reasons in a box. personally, I think the reasons box matters MUCH more than numbers.

I meant, they could run some text search, but I think these would be more read sort of manually.....because it's not just a checkboxes.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572

I don't know why, but this whole theory makes sense. They are doing this for the sake of making more profit in Japan. Why didn't I think of this before? It would be really said if they will use nostalgia as means to help them achieve that goal.
honestly growing up in a own full of Microsoft fan boys where I heard about what they were up to during the 360's lifecycle nearly ever other day so it just seemed like something they would do I mean lets face it after the disappointment of recent triple A games that have been released in the past several months the only thing that seems to sell are remakes and indie's

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Everyone is going crazy with the voting and I am here just stating that I've only voted for Wolf.

Lucas and Wolf missing were my only major gripe with the Smash 4 roster. Half of this issue is gone and I'm positive that Wolf will be returning as well, given he's arguably more popular than Lucas and among the most wanted veterans for DLC.

I don't like cuts overall, so the more veterans return, the better. Of course, I'm also looking forward for some DLC newcomers.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Everyone is going crazy with the voting and I am here just stating that I've only voted for Shantae.
Me as frick.
honestly growing up in a own full of Microsoft fan boys where I heard about what they were up to during the 360's lifecycle nearly ever other day so it just seemed like something they would do I mean lets face it after the disappointment of recent triple A games that have been released in the past several months the only thing that seems to sell are remakes and indie's
No One-der Microsoft jumped ship to X-One! :4pacman:

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
That's true. Lately, Nintendo's consoles have been aiming towards a different market and all that. Makes sense.
yeah but Microsoft has there head so far up their own ass that they don't care they just see Nintendo as another company that makes videogames

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I can't wait for the stage sharing feature, people make some really nice stages that I want to download and add them to my game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Made public where?
Probably public on another website in which the fans can see the reasons for the Top 20 - 50 characters. That last part is how things went for the Marvel vs Capcom 3 ballot. Speaking of Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC, I did remember that most of the characters in the Ultimate version were technically in the Top 10 while several other choices were the 20's and 30's (Nemesis and Firebrand comes to mind).

Here's to hoping that Sakurai might follow the same pattern since I would not want to most of the choices to be in the Top 10, otherwise it would be too predictable. (Ridley, Geno, K. Rool, ect).

Soul.

Yeah, the moment K. Rool is confirmed people can finally stop with the "we need more villains" drama.
Everyone is going crazy with the voting and I am here just stating that I've only voted for Wolf.

Lucas and Wolf missing were my only major gripe with the Smash 4 roster. Half of this issue is gone and I'm positive that Wolf will be returning as well, given he's arguably more popular than Lucas and among the most wanted veterans for DLC.

I don't like cuts overall, so the more veterans return, the better. Of course, I'm also looking forward for some DLC newcomers.
Only voted for Wolf here as well, as I ran out of ideas. That was the only reason why.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Probably public on another website in which the fans can see the reasons for the Top 20 - 50 characters. That last part is how things went for the Marvel vs Capcom 3 ballot. Speaking of Marvel vs Capcom 3 DLC, I did remember that most of the characters in the Ultimate version were technically in the Top 10 while several other choices were the 20's and 30's (Nemesis and Firebrand comes to mind).

Here's to hoping that Sakurai might follow the same pattern since I would not want to most of the choices to be in the Top 10, otherwise it would be too predictable. (Ridley, Geno, K. Rool, ect).
I'm 100% positive that Sakurai won't be just picking the Top X characters. He has stated that popularity isn't everything that he considers when picking characters for the roster.

He will take a look at some of the lesser voted characters to surprise people.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Actually, that Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Poll was some Bull**** man.

Mega Man X was voted number one, and then Capcom doesn't put him in the game saying there wasn't enough "fan support" or some bull**** like that.

And then they put Phoenix Wright in there, despite being second! :glare:
Not that I mind, he's a really fun character XD :p

D

Deleted member

Yeah, the moment K. Rool is confirmed people can finally stop with the "we need more villains" drama.

Only voted for Wolf here as well, as I ran out of ideas. That was the only reason why.
B-but K. Rool is irrelevant now. :troll:

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
I checked it and I surprisingly realised except shovel knught, it's reflecting the recent polls :)

which is good for me :)
yeah well not for me snake is in the minority and him being in brawl was the stepping stone for me being introduced to so many other great franchises

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm 100% positive that Sakurai won't be just picking the Top X characters. He has stated that popularity isn't everything that he considers when picking characters for the roster.

which is again,. why I'm happy.

Because, I know there;s one that jsut has very big chances like wolf, ice climbers or KKR.

But for me, not the best popularity but enough to consider it....that's jsut gives me enough to hope :)

But wolf is like almsot in there....that I don't think it would change.

ChaosSoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaosSoul
3DS FC
2148-8364-1572
Actually, that Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Poll was some Bull**** man.

Mega Man X was voted number one, and then Capcom doesn't put him in the game saying there wasn't enough "fan support" or some bull**** like that.

And then they put Phoenix Wright in there, despite being second! :glare:
Not that I mind, he's a really fun character XD :p
yeah but Capcom was making really stupid decisions about mega man at the time and just stupid decisions in general

Soul.

B-but K. Rool is irrelevant now. :troll:
I'm just saying that because apparently people are desperate to have "bad-natured" characters in Smash because again, apparently not everything has to do with Sonic Heroes. I just want the drama of villains to end.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
People say we need more villains when we did get a new villain in Smash. :4bowserjr:

Or you could say eight: :4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:

Of course, if we're counting characters with antagonistic or boss roles in their resume, we have:
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4darkpit::4dedede::4ganondorf::4metaknight::4mewtwo::4wario:

D

Deleted member

I'm just saying that because apparently people are desperate for having "bad-natured" characters in Smash because again, apparently not everything has to do with Sonic Heroes. I just want the drama of villains to end.
The most popular choice being Ridley. Wait, he's popular? Not playable.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Knowing Sakurai and his track record. This is most certainly what he would do. And it's nice. It gives some less popular characters a ghost of a chance too.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Knowing Sakurai and his track record. This is most certainly what he would do. And it's nice. It gives some less popular characters a ghost of a chance too.
Watch as we get some kind of unexpected character of the same caliber as Wii Fit Trainer. :troll:

And all because of troll minority votes. :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Considering DLC basically cashes in on popularity, I don't think that's a very good idea here. Although it's true that this is Smash Bros and any and every character will sell like hotcakes, but they'll be more hard-pressed to avoid screwballs. I'd expect one at most.

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom