• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So apparently Inklings are called Ika Musume (Squid Girl) in Japan. I haven't voted for them yet, but this is torturing me. @_@

:231:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I've just had a thought or two about this ballot. Like, if Nintendo only announces one character from it, A.K.A 'the winner' there's gonna be A LOT of disappointed people, even if they give valid reasons for choosing said character. I know I'll be gutted when if Professor Layton doesn't win, but if they announce that they're just going to make one character from all this, it might hurt them more than benefiting them. People might overload Nintendo with demands for them to do another one, or people mightn't buy the character on principle if they think it was a poor choice. Just some thoughts I had, I hope people will be happy with who is chosen.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Man, **** Ness's throws.
What doesn't combo into endless Fair stings just kills you outright. Seriously. It's way too powerful.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I'm down for him/her as a fighter, and additionally it would help sales for Splatoon.
That sounds like something PSA:BR would do. (...and did.)

I'd rather us wait and see if Splatoon manages to exceed our expectations. We don't even know if it willsucceed in what it set out to do for Nintendo; (a marketable, popular FPS multiplayer experience).

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
I just want all this fighter ballot hype to die down, so we can start discussing actual reasons on why characters could get in, timelines and stuffs
I suppose there's the character threads, but it's better than "Shaq is my favorite so I voted for him" posts 30 times a day :yeahboi:
This is what I put on my fighter vote for Roy

Roy (Fire Emblem) is a very unique character and he is overall a fan favorite. In Melee, he is actually fairly different then Marth. Different speed, different moves. I really loved Roy and others did too. I was upset to see him leave Brawl, but he needs to return to Wii U/ 3DS. He was my favorite fighter and by far the only one I really want to play as. Please take my vote into consideration and consider Roy as a possible character. Thank you very much!! Keep Smashing!!!

I have officially voted for Roy at least 15 times.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So apparently Inklings are called Ika Musume (Squid Girl) in Japan. I haven't voted for them yet, but this is torturing me. @_@

:231:
At least Squid Girl and Goku has a better chance at being in Smash than Spongebob and Shrek. :yeahboi:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
That sounds like something PSA:BR would do. (...and did.)

I'd rather us wait and see if Splatoon manages to exceed our expectations. We don't even know if it willsucceed in what it set out to do for Nintendo; (a marketable, popular FPS multiplayer experience).
Something like that has happened before in Smash (:roymelee: was in Melee four months before his first Fire Emblem appearance was released).

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I voted for Ghirahim as well as Layton. I don't know whether to feel bad or not. I really want both of them in, and Ghirahim alone would make me over the moon, but I want Layton sooooooo much more. I'll vote Layton one more time just in case.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I've just had a thought or two about this ballot. Like, if Nintendo only announces one character from it, A.K.A 'the winner' there's gonna be A LOT of disappointed people, even if they give valid reasons for choosing said character. I know I'll be gutted when if Professor Layton doesn't win, but if they announce that they're just going to make one character from all this, it might hurt them more than benefiting them. People might overload Nintendo with demands for them to do another one, or people mightn't buy the character on principle if they think it was a poor choice. Just some thoughts I had, I hope people will be happy with who is chosen.
Perhaps. But I think most people should know that this is merely suggestion on our parts. Same with how voting for only one character is a suggestion(I went with 3 myself and I'm keeping it there....for now). Of course they'll be disappointment if/when someone's favorite isn't picked. However that's just the name of the game.

It's ideal to hope for the best and expect the worst I suppose.

Anyway, Let's go Isaac! I want to throw big ass rocks at people's faces.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Clogging the poll with multiple votes for one character is not okay.
's not.
's not okay.
Because 10 votes out of hundreds of thousands of votes makes a difference
Plus there are thousands that are voting for the same characters anyway so I don't see the big deal :rolleyes:
Man, **** Ness's throws.
What doesn't combo into endless Fair stings just kills you outright. Seriously. It's way too powerful.
D I B O Y Z

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Because 10 votes out of hundreds of thousands of votes makes a difference
Plus there are thousands that are voting for the same characters anyway so I don't see the big deal :rolleyes:

D I B O Y Z
I don't know if we are playing the same game but DI doesn't do jack for me.
I tried. Hard. Seriously.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Grab beats Shield.
Grab beats Attack.
Grab beats Movement.
Grab beats Grab.

Is there any reason to do anything in this game other than grab?!

D

Deleted member

Grab beats Shield.
Grab beats Attack.
Grab beats Movement.
Grab beats Grab.

Yeah, there is. It's called.. For Rage-Inducing Glory.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Yeah, there is. It's called.. For Rage-Inducing Glory.
Where I get grabbed for fifteen hours straight. Or at least that's what it feels like.

Why do I have to have the mains with the two worst grabs in the game?...

D

Deleted member

Where I get grabbed for fifteen hours straight. Or at least that's what it feels like.

Why do I have to have the mains with the two worst grabs in the game?...
Meh, I don't know. I barely play online these days. I would totally go for With Friends, but no one really likes playing that. :troll:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Grab beats Shield.
Grab beats Attack.
Grab beats Movement.
Grab beats Grab.

I'm guessing ZSS's grab has gotten to you?
Grabs grabs grabs
Bleh, a couple of chars can get 20% out of grabs while others have to waste time trying to damage rack
If hitstun was a bit higher, everyone could at least get more follow-ups without needing cheesy repetitive grabs.
Buuut they made it just right so that by the time you're trying to hit them again, they're either too far or can already act again. Really, I think if hitstun was higher everyone could have an easier time getting follow-ups without it being limited to the generally agreed top tiers
Not only that but its kinda boring because literally everyone is like, dthrow >uair or some other aerial, it's repetitive, no room for improvisation and it also feels less rewarding landing at least 1 hit in because you cant do much after hitting them. Just feels like it's 90% neutral game. Hit them once, cant do anything else? back to neutral, rinse and repeat
Or we could just buff Diddy :troll:
./endrant lmao
Can't wait for the balance patch

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Meh, I don't know. I barely play online these days. I would totally go for With Friends, but no one really likes playing that. :troll:
Because I get invariably zero-to-deathed THERE as well.

How is it that I'm THIS CARTOONISHLY BAD at this game?

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I really think DLC announcements should consist of having one veteran and a popular ballot character as a newcomer. This way, Nintendo could please both sides of the DLC fanbase (those who want vets back and those hoping out for new characters)

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Why didn't I return to FE Awakening sooner? I'm destroying all these noob Outrealm teams.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I don't even know what's going on, so here's a representation of how it feels like:

1508554_319494298259623_3897664238047807821_n.jpg

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
And it doesn't get you feeling inadequate or worthless, too?
FG doesn't matter.

I have a 48.07% Win rate on For Glory yet I have fun kicking ass with :4falcon:, :4luigi:, or any other fighter I feel like messing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom