• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
So I just beat Awakening for the first time and wow, one of the best games on 3DS for sure. I got it in July after Robin & Lucina were revealed for Smash, and it took me 72 hours to beat the whole thing.

When people first requested that "Robin from Fire Emblem" got into Smash 4, I wasn't too pleased with the idea of a generic, soulless avatar getting into the roster. I didn't know they were a fully fleshed out character with a proper backstory. In fact, the entire cast of Awakening felt fleshed out.

The final boss was pretty epic too.

Fighting on Grima's back trying to kill the Evil Robin from the future before he is completely consumed while a ****load of soldiers try to pick you off was far from what I expected.

I will say that the shortened and compressed Smash version of Purpose does the song no justice. Hearing the full thing during final fight made me understand the praise it gets.

As for Fire Emblem 14: If, I really doubt it will be quite as good as its predecessor. Awakening was supposed to be the final game in the series (which explains why so many characters from the previous games are playable, as well as the sheer amount of content), so I doubt If will be quite on the same scale.

I mean really, why does the West have to be the bad guy, and why does the avatar still have white hair*? :ohwell:

It made some sense in Awakening as it's hinted to be a defect resulting from being inbred to be the perfect sacrifice to Grima.

R0Y

Smash Master
Going to have to line up at EB Games for the Palutena amiibo I think...

Oh, and it's a small world @CyberHyperPhoenix
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If you are in Australia and were hoping to get the fifth wave of Amiibo then you will probably be disappointed as they appear to be sold out. Greninja, Palutena, Zero Suit Samus, Ganon and Dark Pit are no longer available to pre-order at the country’s main video game retailer. They were obviously snapped up rather quickly by excited Nintendo fans and presumably scalpers too.

Thanks, CyberPhoenix
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...5-amiibos-have-already-sold-out-in-australia/

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So I just beat Awakening for the first time and wow, one of the best games on 3DS for sure. I got it in July after Robin & Lucina were revealed for Smash, and it took me 72 hours to beat the whole thing.

When people first requested that "Robin from Fire Emblem" got into Smash 4, I wasn't too pleased with the idea of a generic, soulless avatar getting into the roster. I didn't know they were a fully fleshed out character with a proper backstory. In fact, the entire cast of Awakening felt fleshed out.

The final boss was pretty epic too.

Fighting on Grima's back trying to kill the Evil Robin from the future before he is completely consumed while a ****load of soldiers try to pick you off was far from what I expected.

I will say that the shortened and compressed Smash version of Purpose does the song no justice. Hearing the full thing during final fight made me understand the praise it gets.

As for Fire Emblem 14: If, I really doubt it will be quite as good as its predecessor. Awakening was supposed to be the final game in the series (which explains why so many characters from the previous games are playable, as well as the sheer amount of content), so I doubt If will be quite on the same scale.

I mean really, why does the West have to be the bad guy, and why does the avatar still have white hair*? :ohwell:

It made some sense in Awakening as it's hinted to be a defect resulting from being inbred to be the perfect sacrifice to Grima.
Being kind of fair, it seems Nohr story will be mostly about a revolution inside the country.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wish I could transcend this plane of existence too...
A piece of him will live on at least as a Premium background. Even changes everyone's background mains too.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
So I caved in and got Super Mario 64 on the eShop. I never really liked the DS remake, even though it was my first 3D Mario game, Yoshi and Wario just felt gimmicky to play as. I much prefer this original version, loved getting the first few stars over again.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
So I caved in and got Super Mario 64 on the eShop. I never really liked the DS remake, even though it was my first 3D Mario game, Yoshi and Wario just felt gimmicky to play as. I much prefer this original version, loved getting the first few stars over again.
Yeah. the 64 version does control a little better overall... Though I do like the DS remake still because it had the OP in the 64 environment Luigi and extra stuff to do.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I give up on trying to get Amiibo. The only one I really, really wanted was Ness, and just look at that mess...

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
So that AoT game that released in Japan will release worldwide... And Nintendo releases the first 2 Episodes of AoT for free on the eShop... I'm gonna rewatch them for no reason once I have the time.

By the way what do you think of the game? I think it looks pretty boring and I'd rather play Feng's AoT Tribute Game.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Oh hey, I'm back. I won't be here as much as before since I'm working seriously on my project (I just started the storyboards). And I also find a french forum where you can post your project and ask for some tips, as well as artists and other stuff. In short, it's for artists and writers alike, who wants to make mangas.
Oh, also, here's the obligatory :
799.gif

So yeah, what's up here ?

Soul.

Now just watch as they say "If the new Fire Emblem doesn't sell well, I'm afraid there won't be any more Fire Emblem for you." lol.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I give up on trying to get Amiibo. The only one I really, really wanted was Ness, and just look at that mess...
Nice rhyme there buddy.

I haven't gotten any myself. But I'd just want Mega Man and Pac-Man, maybe Mario too.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I'm gonna try my best to not love Mewtwo and not play him more than I play my mains.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Amiibo in order of how much I want them:

(If they were in the game)
>>>
:4ness:
>>>
>>>
>>>
:4pacman::4gaw::4olimar::4shulk:
>>>
:4duckhunt::4rob::4falcon:
>>>
>>>
:4dedede::4metaknight::4ganondorf::4zelda:

Already have:
:4kirby::4link:
If there was a Snake Amiibo, I'd want one too. Also, I like the Samus Amiibo now that I'm thinking of it.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
aw thats cute, Im saving those

Also, Im back for a while now. How is everyone?
It's has been crazy here with all the character ballot crap that have been going on and the Mewtwo and Lucas hype. I doing well good to see you back.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm done with Smash amiibos, they're so damn hard to acquire online.

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
Looks like Nintendo is going to pull a Capcom with FE:14. :rolleyes:

https://mobile.twitter.com/koinya/status/583413052160217089/photo/1

From what I can gather, you pick one path at the beginning of the game and then the other is locked off until you buy it as DLC. A third path will also be available as day-one (presumably on-cart) DLC.

Hopefully this won't be the case in Euro-Murica, as there was no mention of it in either Direct. :(

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
*looks at the $220+ I just spent*

Note to self: giving up indulgent spending for Lent was a terrible idea.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

From what I can gather, you pick one path at the beginning of the game and then the other is locked off until you buy it as DLC. A third path will also be available as day-one (presumably on-cart) DLC.

Hopefully this won't be the case in Euro-Murica, as there was no mention of it in either Direct. :(
Limited Edition has a copy of the game where you can pick both paths in one cartridge.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935

Yeah I doubt they'll do something like that over here. There's some sense to it, considering they're valued at less than an average 3DS game, but the amount of confusion that there is about the Japanese version of If from westerners makes me think that Nintendo won't bother. Just give us the limited edition as the normal copy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's been a while since we've gotten some Pokken news. I hope we see Blaziken's playstyle. Maybe get Greninja confirmed too while we're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom