• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
With how intensely safe they play with Pokemon it has reason to stay healthy.
Playing it safe is a double-edged sword I'd say. On the one hand, that means you won't make a costly mistake that alienates a large chunk of the fanbase, but on the other hand, it means that you don't evolve as much as you could and you run the risk of being stagnate. Pokemon likes to play it safe, but the real world does change and there is always the possibility that eventually the concept that is beloved about it may lose its appeal, causing people to move on to other games. That's one of the reasons why the Pokémon anime eventually lost favor as it never evolved and people moved on to other shows like Digimon, Yu-gi-oh, and others.

Granted, the games still add new elements to it compared to the anime, but it's not impossible for the same thing to happen to it.

Strofirko

Smash Master
After finally giving up from paid mods.
Valve give power to developers ban players....

Gaming on PC is in some kind of russian roulette...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The story in that never fazed me. It's either just me, or the dialogue was too corny for me to care.
I have a hard time getting invested in RPG stories anymore.
For example...was I supposed to care about Emmeryn in Awakening? I surely didn't.
I also am really annoyed by RPG's relying too much "The power of the friendship of the love of the magic crystals".

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
My 12 year old nephew plays CoD and Minecraft only, he's as tall as a 16 old boy but behaves like a 8 year-old kid

I have no hopes for the future generations...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I have a hard time getting invested in RPG stories anymore.
For example...was I supposed to care about Emmeryn in Awakening? I surely didn't.
I also am really annoyed by RPG's relying too much "The power of the friendship of the love of the magic crystals".
The most recent RPGs I played, that had me engaged with what was going on, was Earthbound and Skyward Sword.

Saying that though, I'm not a massive fan of RPGs. I have to be in the right mood to play a game that involves 50% of talking to random characters.

Edit: WOOPS! Forgot about Majora's Mask, that one RPG I finished last week. That's a gem.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Using the Power of Freindship/Love etc. to beat evil is a really oversued concept now indeed
I prefer the games where the bad guy gets rekt by getting stabbed in the forehead or something :4tlink::4ganondorf:

Soul.

Wish they put more effort into GtI... The game was basically perfect besides the Pokemon selection.
GtI was pretty meh (I think?). The general consensus was that "it's not as good as the DS PMD games" because blah blah blah.
3D models were nice though. Bittercold music is cool too lol.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Yooka-Laylee looks awesome - my kind of game. I've never funded a Kickstarter, but I think I'll give something to this one.

Also, who even watches the Pokemon anime these days? Surely it's struggling big time?

The 1st Mega Evolution Special was okay. I'd be interested in a reboot. The problem is, there's always going to be dumb filler style episodes. If they made each land into like a 50 episode arc it'd be pretty cool.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Wish they put more effort into GtI... The game was basically perfect besides the Pokemon selection.
Sorry, but a game where the final boss is a giant, sentient snowflake of evil,

is far from perfect in my book.

Also, from what I played in the demo, it was basically the build as previous PMD games, but slower and more tedious.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
My 12 year old nephew plays CoD and Minecraft only, he's as tall as a 16 old boy but behaves like a 8 year-old kid

I have no hopes for the future generations...
Thank god my friends who only plays CoD and other horrible games respect me for liking actual good stuff.

Using the Power of Freindship/Love etc. to beat evil is a really oversued concept now indeed
I prefer the games where the bad guy gets rekt by getting stabbed in the forehead or something :4tlink::4ganondorf:
tumblr_n9ihpwQF3P1rrq6yfo1_500.gif

Thanks again DBZ for bringing this ****. And that's also why I prefer Jojo. There's no real "good guy wins by friendship". They either win by themselves or die. Or just by dumb luck. Yeah, Jojo has actual balls and it came out before DBZ (Dragon Ball appeared first remember ?).

Soul.

Please make a Colosseum/XD game with main series features such as online, EV/IV training, Super Training and everything from Gen 6 pls Game Freak pls pls pls pls?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Please make a Colosseum/XD game with main series features such as online, EV/IV training, Super Training and everything from Gen 6 pls Game Freak pls pls pls pls?
Nah, we gonna remove it.
Remember walking side by side with your favorite Pokemon ? Yeah, worthless, right ? :troll:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Naruto's main fault in Pt.2 was "hurrdurr we can change the bad guy using the power of friendship"
Who plays games for their stories? I don't.
I doooo
Depends on the game though

Why there exists a SpongeBob situation for everything?
Spongebob is like
the most quotable thing ever lmao

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Sorry, but a game where the final boss is a giant, sentient snowflake of evil,

is far from perfect in my book.

Also, from what I played in the demo, it was basically the build as previous PMD games, but slower and more tedious.
Well at least the final boss theme was good.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
EV/IVs will never be removed, been around since Gen 1 and keeps the "all pokemon are different even if its the same ones" bit a truth. Super training is likely to stay and has better chance of staying if amie sticks around.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Naruto's main fault in Pt.2 was "hurrdurr we can change the bad guy using the power of friendship"
And where did friendship and "bad guys turning in good ones" came from ? Huh ? What's that ? Is this...

Thanks.

When it needs one, or it has one good, yes. When it doesn't, I just don't care.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Thank god my friends who only plays CoD and other horrible games respect me for liking actual good stuff.

View attachment 49710
Thanks again DBZ for bringing this ****. And that's also why I prefer Jojo. There's no real "good guy wins by friendship". They either win by themselves or die. Or just by dumb luck. Yeah, Jojo has actual balls and it came out before DBZ (Dragon Ball appeared first remember ?).
.....wait, since when battles in DBZ are won by anything else than blasting the enemy into dust?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I wish walking Pokemon had an on/off button or an option to choose which party member you wanted to let walk with you, instead of always the first one in your party.

So apparently here's the reason why the new Fire Emblem is split in two versions:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/2...lit-two-versions/?onswipe_redirect=no&oswrr=1

In brief, it they made everything only one game they would have to prize it like two games... let me translate that:

Wow, that's just dumb.
2019: The next Smash has two versions. Smash Bros 3HDS and Wii 4 U: Newcomer version and Smash Bros 3HDS and Wii 4 U: Veteran Edition. :kappa:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It depends, while some games just need to have good gameplay to get by, others can really get you immersed in their story and make it a much more enjoyable experience. I mean, part of the reason why Earthbound for instance is liked is because its story and characters are so charming, and I don't think it would've had that same appeal if that was missing from the main game.

EV/IVs will never be removed, been around since Gen 1 and keeps the "all pokemon are different even if its the same ones" bit a truth. Super training is likely to stay and has better chance of staying if amie sticks around.
While I agree about EV/IVs, I'm not too sure on Super Training and Amie. Remember that GF did remove customization out of ORAS for a rather questionable reason, so it's not impossible that they do their whole "rotate out new features" idealogy with those two mechanics and they disappear past this generation for something new.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So apparently here's the reason why the new Fire Emblem is split in two versions:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/2...lit-two-versions/?onswipe_redirect=no&oswrr=1

In brief, it they made everything only one game they would have to prize it like two games... let me translate that:

Wow, that's just dumb.
I don't see a huge issue. Pokemon has been doing that since it's inception. Even though you don't need to buy both versions of Pokemon to get the full experience, many people buy both version every generation anyway. For a multitude of reasons.

If it worked for Pokemon, it will probably work for Fire Emblem.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Yooka-Laylee looks awesome - my kind of game. I've never funded a Kickstarter, but I think I'll give something to this one.
It looks really great. However I have one gripe about it - Laylee's big ol' red nose. It's kind of an eyesore imo and I personally would prefer it nose-less, but I'll get over it. Everything else was awesome.
Also, who even watches the Pokemon anime these days? Surely it's struggling big time?

The 1st Mega Evolution Special was okay. I'd be interested in a reboot. The problem is, there's always going to be dumb filler style episodes. If they made each land into like a 50 episode arc it'd be pretty cool.
I stopped after the Unova saga.
Who does anyway? lol

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

Wow, that's just dumb.

Bruh'.

Of course EV/IVs will stay, or else they would lost every competitive Pokemon player, Smogon and VGC alike. Pokemon amie and super training might stay. Not really sure for the Pokemon Amie, but Super Training will stay for sure.

.....wait, since when battles in DBZ are won by anything else than blasting the enemy into dust?
Genkidama/Spirit Bomb. It's literally the "friendship bomb". And don't forget Vegeta after Freezer. He just became the "bad guy who do good things". Also, don't forget Piccolo. He was bad, and then turned good with friendship/fatherhood .

But yeah, every fight is won like this, yes.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
And where did friendship and "bad guys turning in good ones" came from ? Huh ? What's that ? Is this...

Thanks.

When it needs one, or it has one good, yes. When it doesn't, I just don't care.
well
Piccolo's only motivation was "you killed my father"
but his dad was evil as **** lmao
I can see the reasoning with Piccolo and Vegeta (intense rivalry from the start, anti hero I guess)
but in Naruto it was waaaaaay worse
at points where it made no sense and hurt the plot
pfft, you killed half the village? nah Im good now, let me revive them so it's like nothing happened
:drfacepalm:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
well
Piccolo's only motivation was "you killed my father"
but his dad was evil as **** lmao
I can see the reasoning with Piccolo and Vegeta (intense rivalry from the start, anti hero I guess)
but in Naruto it was waaaaaay worse
at points where it made no sense and hurt the plot
pfft, you killed half the village? nah Im good now, let me revive them so it's like nothing happened
:drfacepalm:
Yeah, but DBZ kinda put this mode in. And it influenced a lot of things.
And thank god I never watched Naruto because it looks horrible.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I don't see a huge issue. Pokemon has been doing that since it's inception. Even though you don't need to buy both versions of Pokemon to get the full experience, many people buy both version every generation anyway. For a multitude of reasons.

If it worked for Pokemon, it will probably work for Fire Emblem.
Thing is, as you said, it's with Pokémon since it was created. People are already used to it, Fire Emblem on the other hand has never done it, besides, the two versions of each Pokémon are pretty much the same except for some Pokémon and two different locations in Gen V, having one and not the other isn't a big issue unless you're a very hardcore fan.

FEif however, seems like the kind of game where you could clearly take decissions to get into different storylines and it's not the first to be like that, many games in the past have been like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom