• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
@ Luggy Luggy is anime actually popular in France or is it a small niche thing?
*Cough* France is actually the second biggest consumer of manga and anime in the world. Japan is the first.
You don't know how much it hurts to see little kids still buying Naruto and saying it's a "manga". It hurts, really, really bad.
Also, there's manga clubs in school due to the popularity of mangas and anime. And they all sucks, for the most part. There's even one in my college. I looked at it once. Never looked again. When I saw this fedora wearing man in the room, I ran away. And I'm not joking, it was literally a guy with a fedora, reading the last One Piece or something.
It was me running away, yes.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
*Cough* France is actually the second biggest consumer of manga and anime in the world. Japan is the first.
You don't know how much it hurts to see little kids still buying Naruto and saying it's a "manga". It hurst, really, really bad.
Also, there's manga clubs in school due to the popularity of mangas and anime. And they all sucks, for the most part. There's even one in my college. I looked at it once. Never looked again. When I saw this fedora wearing man in the room, I ran away. And I'm not joking, it was literally a guy with a fedora, reading the last One Piece or something.
Damn. I never liked France simply because its history and culture never grabbed my attention.

Now I'm wishing I grew up there.

[Disclaimer: I still don't want to live there.:troll:]

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That proves my point even further. NSYNC hit #1 in only six years since establishment, and Backstreet Boys haven't done it once in what is now 22 years. Either work hard or you might as well quit. Heck, even Creed topped the Hot 100 before, and they're rated the worst band in the world.

And "Not as popular worldwide?" Bull ****! NSYNC started in Europe and hit critical acclaim there before they moved to Orlando, Florida.
>Origin: Orlando, FL
>Says started in Europe
>Continues to mention #1 on Billboard as credibility of why they are better
>mfw

I'm done. I never would have seen the day that I would argue over '90s boy bands on the internet.

Never change Cliff, never change.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
You don't know how much it hurts to see little kids still buying Naruto and saying it's a "manga". It hurts, really, really bad.
what's wrong with fedoras

*tips fedora
m'luggy :troll:

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
*reads thread title*

So when is there gonna be some Kid Icarus recognition in the title? I don't even have to be in my honor... *pouts* I guess my creativity isn't needed today. :(

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
*reads thread title*

So when is there gonna be some Kid Icarus recognition in the title? I don't even have to be in my honor... *pouts* I guess my creativity isn't needed today. :(
:4palutena:: "I suppose I'll get my chance...another day."

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
*reads thread title*

Well, there's gotta be a way to balance the Sakurai BS

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Damn. I never liked France simply because its history culture never grabbed my attention.

Now I'm wishing I grew up there.

[Disclaimer: I still don't want to live there.:troll:]
It's funny, because french history is indeed, not really "extraordinaire". In fact, France itself is not great, especially in wars. We lost WWII in, what, two weeks ? And we barely won the first one against germans. Sweet baby Jesus France, why are you so bad at wars ?

Also, the irony is, anime became popular thanks to being pretty cheap during the 80's and 90's. Back then, France needed cartoons, so buying animes, wich were super cheap back then, was a great deal. But they sucked at censoring, so things like "Hokuto no Ken", "DBZ" or "Ranma 1/2" created controversies. But mangas became overall really popular, and lives with comics and french "bande dessinés" (stuff like "Tintin"). But guys from the "french comics" still are pretty boastful with mangas.

what's wrong with fedoras

*tips fedora
m'luggy :troll:
I have one at home. It's funny, because now I never wear it and I'm actually searching for a new hat.
Thanks TF2 for making me want to buy a meme hat. :troll:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
>Origin: Orlando, FL
>Says started in Europe
>Continues to mention #1 on Billboard as credibility of why they are better
>mfw

I'm done. I never would have seen the day that I would argue over '90s boy bands on the internet.

Never change Cliff, never change.
I'm serious. They signed their first record contract with BMG records, and in case you haven't noticed, that's in Germany. When they released their first album, it was released in Europe. They didn't re-release it in America until a year later.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I have a guy in my Euro class who has an unexplained hatred for France.

@ Luggy Luggy would you like to comment? :4wario2:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I WANT...I don't know what I want... Pichu? Roy? Oh.. wait...:4roy::troll:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I believe more in Bigfoot than in the Grammys or the Billboard Chart :troll:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Yeah, I have a friend who moved to Paris a couple years ago and she said it was a niche thing because she personally doesn't know anyone who's into it...or at least she doesn't know if any of the people she knows there likes anime or manga.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm laughing super hard right now
for reasons
It's funny, because french history is indeed, not really "extraordinaire". In fact, France itself is not great, especially in wars. We lost WWII in, what, two weeks ? And we barely won the first one against germans. Sweet baby Jesus France, why are you so bad at wars ?

Also, the irony is, anime became popular thanks to being pretty cheap during the 80's and 90's. Back then, France needed cartoons, so buying animes, wich were super cheap back then, was a great deal. But they sucked at censoring, so things like "Hokuto no Ken", "DBZ" or "Ranma 1/2" created controversies. But mangas became overall really popular, and lives with comics and french "bande dessinés" (stuff like "Tintin"). But guys from the "french comics" still are pretty boastful with mangas.

I have one at home. It's funny, because now I never wear it and I'm actually searching for a new hat.
Thanks TF2 for making me want to buy a meme hat. :troll:
I prefer beanies or bucket hats lmao

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
- Palutena and Dark Pit
- Tons of items
- Over 10 music tracks from the game
- All of the trophies
- Palutena's Guidance codecs

What.
Compared to F-Zero:
- One character throughout all 4 games
- No new stage on Wii U
- Trophies of some racers

Like :4fox: News, "Fair & Balanced"

D

Deleted member

Revenge got canceled. Ayy lmao.
Not like anyone cared about it, right? I for sure didn't.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Parce qu'on veut savoir ton opinion, Chaplin :grin:

Why would I ? Pourquoi avoir un opinion sur un raciste ? Il n'y en a pas voyons.

Yeah, I have a friend who moved to Paris a couple years ago and she said it was a niche thing because she personally doesn't know anyone who's into it...or at least she doesn't know if any of the people she knows there likes anime or manga.
Oh boy, anime is everywhere in France. As a fact, the new Astro Boy reboot has been made in France. There's conventions like "Japan Expo" every year. There's ton of youtube channels about anime in french. And there's a lot of kids who loves stuff like One Piece or...Naru-ECH, I mean, "Manga about ninjas".

So yeah, not a niche at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom