• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Haven't care for the Pogeymanz animu for years. Sounds like things haven't changed since season 1.
I never watch it. I do like to keep up with whatever BS happens, though. Like releasing Goodra within the span of 10 episodes for instance.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pidgeot probably aged and died peacefully without him.
Pidgeot later resurrected as Bird Jesus and guided Red in his journey to become a legend in Twitch Plays Pokémon

Oh look, Ash released a good Pokémon, that's so new.
It is really new actually, the last Pokémon Ash released was Lapras, and that was 756 episodes ago in an episode aired in 1999

Last edited:

Soul.

Releasing Goodra was a pretty stupid idea.
"oh hey, it's a Goomy! Let's catch it shall we?"
5 episodes later
"Goomy evolves into Sliggoo!"
5 episodes later
"Sliggoo evolves into Goodra and Ash, being the bad trainer he is, releases it!!"

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
My GOD :4mewtwo: can't do a damn thing against :4fox: or, heck, any character that is fast and can do combos. Wich is...pratically all the high tiers.
Welp, thanks Mewtwo, but I'm gonna back to my boxer.

Personally I think it was good the first time, I mean, with how much of a popular series the Pokémon was we all rooted for the protagonist to win, but surprise, he lost, was he dissapointed at first? Totally. Did he stay like that? **** no.

But then in Johto, things started getting cheap by making him go against a freaking Blaziken, Hoenn was a bit more fair with him, in Sinnoh what did he lost against? A DARKRAI, a freaking Darkrai. Then in Unova he was holding fine until the producers made an ***pull bu making the Riolu he was fighting to evolve at the middle of the battle. Now he's in Kalos, he's probably gonna have a :4greninja: and Talonflame, but we all know what the result will be.

One thing is failing once or twice, but every time?
Ash however won against the Battle Frontier. And I still how can he lost after that. Seriously, he was at his golden age, the best he could do. He lost 3 times, had to fight Regis (they suck in the games, but still !), turned evil, and then came back to kick the mans butt ! And he became the master of this !

So why, oh god, does he have to be an idiot after that ! They could have brought a new hero, or, I don't know, made Dawn the main character, but noooooo, it's so much better to keep the main guy from the first season !

This is the best example of what I call the "Goku syndrome". When an anime or manga keeps the same hero, over, and over, without changing him. He will always be the main hero, no matter what. That's a sad syndrome that touched a lot of stuff.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The only true Pokemon League Ash will win is the one in the final saga, somewhere in 2047.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
The only true Pokemon League Ash will win is the one in the final saga, somewhere in 2047.
Don't state the unpredictable. We have no idea how long the Pokemon train will last.

I have a feeling it'll decline within the next ten years. Unless they create a Pokemon MMO, I feel they've pretty much hit their prime right now. They can only come up with so many good Pokemon designs till they run out of things to base them on.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

We found the true culprit.

If Pokemon is still alive.
What ? It will die one day, just like anyone. Wait...don't use this gun. I got one last argument...

Soul.

It's kinda weird to say that Pokémon will end, given the success it has.
The anime is another story, however.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
For pokemon to die I think they would have to screw up royally honestly.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I bet Aqua now will get some votes in the Smash Ballot lol

D

Deleted member

I for one would've canceled the franchise long time ago because I don't like it much, but then I take money into account... :troll:

Never!

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
It will stop one day. Probably if it doesn't suit the time it's in. Time changes, and sometimes, a concept can't keep up with it. So you don't have to screw up royally to stop making something.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
It will stop one day. Probably if it doesn't suit the time it's in. Time changes, and sometimes, a concept can't keep up with it. So you don't have to screw up royally to stop making something.
Since the games move along with technology leaps, Pokemon has shown to have no issue keeping up. As long as its popular and makes craptons of money it pretty much requires a huge screw up to fall.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Trozei was trash and Pokémon still lives tho
The franchise has a lot of misses, but the main core games + the ones like Stadium and Colosseum are big hits

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Since the games move along with technology leaps, Pokemon has shown to have no issue keeping up. As long as its popular and makes craptons of money it pretty much requires a huge screw up to fall.
My money's on this when it's completed. :troll:

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Its pretty solid, Nintendo can experiment with side games but can always rely on the main games should the side games flop.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mario Party 10 was mostly garbage but we forgive them for giving us great DLC on Mario Kart 8 :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

Pretty much this.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
SO.
*claps and rubs hands*
News. Neither good news nor bad news. Neutral news, one might say.
Report cards came.
SIXES. Loads and loads of 6. It's like the devil's winning lottery ticket. Though 6 is the minimum grade you need to pass! :)
I only flunked one grade! Social studies (I ******** told you all), with a 4,50/10.
Of course, my mom isn't satisfied, so I probably won't be here in a (long) while.
See you guys. Remember to fill me in once I return.

Soul.

lol, if Pokémon stops one day so will every other video game franchise.
You're all forgetting about this.

aka the Emotion. aka the goat

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
In the future I'll force my children to play Pokémon or I'll send them to military school; because as a good future father I want them to know the World of Pokémon and catch the 1646 Monsters that will exist in that time :troll:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
lol, if Pokémon stops one day so will every other video game franchise.
You're all forgetting about this.

aka the Emotion. aka the goat
The story in that never fazed me. It's either just me, or the dialogue was too corny for me to care.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon will never stop as long as 10 year old kids exist in this world.
10 year olds? That's like, Pokémon's main demographic, but then I see adults playing the games... kinda funny and weird at the same time. But not that there's anything wrong with that! :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom