• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Is it wrong when people complain about "[insert race/ethnicity] needs more representation", I automatically think of Smash reps?

I swear speculation has altered my thought process.
Nah, this happens to me as well. It sort of makes me reflect at times. These words , being commonly used in actual serious contexts, which actually mean a lot to a lot of people...and I'm just associating them with video game characters.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I can only play pm64 in like several hours, but I saw the game page on nintendo website:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Cp0Zk3X-IJ7niDVo55clolPW_UKzocJc

Did anyone notice how bright this look? I mean, I remember I checked 2 days ago the wii version screens and it wasn't that bright in my memory.....

Btw, THE FOLLOWING IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME TO KNOW!!!!

If you have bought this game, please, try to pause the game and describe approximatively how long it takes between the time you press start and the pause screen appearing. I really want to know if the lag was fixed.

For the record, if you press the button, you should see the screen RIGHT AFTER you hear the sound effect. This is the vanilla n64 version, lagless.

If you were using the Wii version, you will AT LEAST wait a second between the sfx and the screen appearing.

This is where the lag is mianly noticeable, but it does appear in other places.

Could someone please check this for me?

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Time to work my little heart out studying to make up my bad grades.
To make matters worse, I'm sick today. *sigh*
I really should've studied more. :(
(**** social studies.)

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
(**** social studies.)
If you're really bothered about your grades, you should pull a Frostwraith and restrict your time on Smashboards.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, something bugs me about Mewtwo. He's slow like a defensive character but has poor defenses. He's powerful and has great combo possibilities but is too slow to be an offensive character. He's tall but super light. I know he's made like this to "suit his character" but, sweet baby Jesus, Mewtwo is a pain to learn and play in general. I definitely prefer playing Mac. At least, he can escape combos. And I am the one who beats people up, not the opposite. Seriously, Mewtwo gets bodied like crazy.
tumblr_n9ihpwQF3P1rrq6yfo1_500.gif

I hope :4lucas: will be better. Plus, he's coming in June, my favorite month.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
(**** social studies.)
There's only one thing left to do

Make a clone of yourself

Anyway, hope your marks get better! I'm on the edge for two classes as well, so I'm gonna be doing all the paperworks

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, I can only play pm64 in like several hours, but I saw the game page on nintendo website:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Cp0Zk3X-IJ7niDVo55clolPW_UKzocJc

Did anyone notice how bright this look? I mean, I remember I checked 2 days ago the wii version screens and it wasn't that bright in my memory.....

Btw, THE FOLLOWING IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME TO KNOW!!!!

If you have bought this game, please, try to pause the game and describe approximatively how long it takes between the time you press start and the pause screen appearing. I really want to know if the lag was fixed.

For the record, if you press the button, you should see the screen RIGHT AFTER you hear the sound effect. This is the vanilla n64 version, lagless.

If you were using the Wii version, you will AT LEAST wait a second between the sfx and the screen appearing.

This is where the lag is mianly noticeable, but it does appear in other places.

Could someone please check this for me?
I have it for Wii & just bought it for Wii U.

For you pausing question: It takes about 1 second to open (at the very first point that you can press Start) but no sound delay that I can hear.

And for the brightness thing, it's almost the same as Nintendo.com's but the site's a TEENY bit brighter (I'm using the GamePad screen for a reference).

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Have it for Wii & just bought it for Wii U.

For you pausing question: It takes about 1 second to open (at the very first point that you can press Start) but no sound delay that I can hear.

And for the brightness thing, it's almost the same as Nintendo.com's but the site's a TEENY bit brighter (I'm using the GamePad screens for a reference).
well, you answered, but there's shouldn't be any sound delay. The sound is just a refference. on n64, you see the screen as the sfx ends while on Wii (and I guess wiiu) you can clearly feel a delay between when the sound ends and the screen appearing.

So, that's kinda sad, but it does mean that if you really are hardcore in the way you experience pm64, you would play the n64 version. It's completely negligable, it's just a bit annoying. Also, at the end of the game, there's a scene that I'm sure the game framerate divides by 2 because it lags so much, the n64 doesn't. Also, I heard from several speedrunners that this means there should be lag on ch5.

The thing is the n64 has SLIGHTLY longer loading time, but this is almsot not noticeable. Still, I better lag here than pausing the game especially because i am going to do bp only.

Also, the place doesn't matter much, you should feel the pause lag almsot everywhere.

And as for the brightness....I jsut wonder if they took hdmi or composite. NORMALLY, you shouldn't use hdmi because the game is so old that it looks a bit weoird on the edges. composite is awfull, but pm64 was intended to be in composite....which = it's more close to original.

Also, you would have to compare with the wii version....that was what I was comparing.

Btw, is the original manual awesome? I never read it and I got hyped that they gave a digital copy :)

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 I'm not picking on you for asking this, and I've seen someone else argue you about this recently. But is there any other interests or hobbies you have that ISN'T Paper Mario related? I'm curious.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
well, you answered, but there's shouldn't be any sound delay. The sound is just a refference. on n64, you see the screen as the sfx ends while on Wii (and I guess wiiu) you can clearly feel a delay between when the sound ends and the screen appearing.

So, that's kinda sad, but it does mean that if you really are hardcore in the way you experience pm64, you would play the n64 version. It's completely negligable, it's just a bit annoying. Also, at the end of the game, there's a scene that I'm sure the game framerate divides by 2 because it lags so much, the n64 doesn't. Also, I heard from several speedrunners that this means there should be lag on ch5.

The thing is the n64 has SLIGHTLY longer loading time, but this is almsot not noticeable. Still, I better lag here than pausing the game especially because i am going to do bp only.

Also, the place doesn't matter much, you should feel the pause lag almsot everywhere.

And as for the brightness....I jsut wonder if they took hdmi or composite. NORMALLY, you shouldn't use hdmi because the game is so old that it looks a bit weoird on the edges. composite is awfull, but pm64 was intended to be in composite....which = it's more close to original.

Also, you would have to compare with the wii version....that was what I was comparing.

Btw, is the original manual awesome? I never read it and I got hyped that they gave a digital copy :)
Can't try out the Wii version right now due to I'm currently working on a school paper. I'll get your answer eventually. And my Wii U is not set in HD if that helps (in fact, the Wii U GamePad has better quality than the TV that I play the console with :p)

As for the manual, yes, it's awesome. Very high, clean quality with everything in tact. Can't compare it to a real physical manual as I never own Paper Mario on my actual N64.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 I'm not picking on you for asking this, and I've seen someone else argue you about this recently. But is there any other interests or hobbies you have that ISN'T Paper Mario related? I'm curious.
btw, I was actually trying to regulate this after the argument....I can't go further....

But to answer the question, anything related to logic and espeically computers. I'm actualy about to end my second semester of computer science in college. I REALLY love programming and I just love the way a computer works. It's like math, but it's not just numbers, you can worth with string and boolean expression. It's actually like chess, VERY simple to get HOW it works.....the art is to combine everything to make something you want. It's just very fun.
This is also why I glitch hunted so much on TTYD, it wasn't just because of the game, but I wanted to combine both interest. Which is why these months were memorable.

Also, I actually have a passion to glitch logic. For example, I really found the missingno glitch fascinating because it's just a single thing that the dev forgot that made the complete game screw up under circumstances. When I was in the speedrunning community, I learned A LOT of glitches like the ocarina of time wrong warp....man this one is just phenomenal (you can beat the game under 30 minutes with this and it's not even that hard).

I do enjoy math, but not as much as coimputer logic. Maybe because computers have a more concrete results, but math has really a similar logic, I just find it more boring.

I already told it alot, but for music, vgm and classical is pretty much the only thing I love. I dislike almost anything with a voice because I for some reasons have my attention on the instruments and I always think the voice breaks this.

As for other video games, I have honestly cooled down playing new games lately because of the ballot work, but I enjoy the zelda series and the metroid series, metroid prime trilogy was awesome. I love most of 3d mario games (I meant platformer here).

And of course, I LOVE rpg. I played earthbound, masterpiece, you should get it because 10$ is just freaking underpriced. I used to be a lot active on pokemon but corrupting my sd card with my 200 hours saves caused me to not be so much. My main goal was to complete the dex anyway. I do enjoy the series somehow, I'm jsut way less active.

In gaming in general, I praise innovation and hate repetition. That's the main reason I only play nintendo and indies, but some exceptions are both portal games.

Btw, the reason I didn't told most of these before (I did on some....you mgiht just have not read the posts) is because how can I plug them if you're not talking about it? It would feel random and I would have no idea if it's worth my time. Paper Mario comes from the fact that I just love it so much that it makes me happy most of the time to bring it up :)

Thoguh, was that enough?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
btw, I was actually trying to regulate this after the argument....I can't go further....

But to answer the question, anything related to logic and espeically computers. I'm actualy about to end my second semester of computer science in college. I REALLY love programming and I just love the way a computer works. It's like math, but it's not just numbers, you can worth with string and boolean expression. It's actually like chess, VERY simple to get HOW it works.....the art is to combine everything to make something you want. It's just very fun.
This is also why I glitch hunted so much on TTYD, it wasn't just because of the game, but I wanted to combine both interest. Which is why these months were memorable.

Also, I actually have a passion to glitch logic. For example, I really found the missingno glitch fascinating because it's just a single thing that the dev forgot that made the complete game screw up under circumstances. When I was in the speedrunning community, I learned A LOT of glitches like the ocarina of time wrong warp....man this one is just phenomenal (you can beat the game under 30 minutes with this and it's not even that hard).

I do enjoy math, but not as much as coimputer logic. Maybe because computers have a more concrete results, but math has really a similar logic, I just find it more boring.

I already told it alot, but for music, vgm and classical is pretty much the only thing I love. I dislike almost anything with a voice because I for some reasons have my attention on the instruments and I always think the voice breaks this.

As for other video games, I have honestly cooled down playing new games lately because of the ballot work, but I enjoy the zelda series and the metroid series, metroid prime trilogy was awesome. I love most of 3d mario games (I meant platformer here).

And of course, I LOVE rpg. I played earthbound, masterpiece, you should get it because 10$ is just freaking underpriced. I used to be a lot active on pokemon but corrupting my sd card with my 200 hours saves caused me to not be so much. My main goal was to complete the dex anyway. I do enjoy the series somehow, I'm jsut way less active.

In gaming in general, I praise innovation and hate repetition. That's the main reason I only play nintendo and indies, but some exceptions are both portal games.

Btw, the reason I didn't told most of these before (I did on some....you mgiht just have not read the posts) is because how can I plug them if you're not talking about it? It would feel random and I would have no idea if it's worth my time. Paper Mario comes from the fact that I just love it so much that it makes me happy most of the time to bring it up :)

Thoguh, was that enough?

Yes, that will be all.

But if you want to bring up topics, there's nothing wrong with coming out of nowhere with it. Especially if there's no discussion go on. Just throw it out there.

And yes, I've already played Earthbound up to the Giygas fight. (I couldn't beat him, so I cheated and looked up the ending online.) I'm glad I got to play it once. :)

T1T0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
12321a
And yes, I've already played Earthbound up to the Giygas fight. (I couldn't beat him, so I cheated and looked up the ending online.) I'm glad I got to play it once. :)
I hated that fight cause basically you have to pray like seven time in a row usually leaving only paula alive in the end haha
*EDIT* Robo-Paula

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Yes, that will be all.

But if you want to bring up topics, there's nothing wrong with coming out of nowhere with it. Especially if there's no discussion go on. Just throw it out there.

I actually facepalmed very hard because.....let me spoiler this

WARNING, EARTHBOUND SPOILER, PROCEED WITH CAUTION

I knew the fight was impossible, it became obvious. i realised that it was actually VERY well thought because the pray command being very rng, you use it in a desesperate attempt. This is exactly how it ended up to work, but I really facepalmed because I told myself WHY??? But I realised later that it made so much sense. Thios is genius like many other things in that game.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
*searches*
So, a chameleon and a bat. They look colorful, that's sure.
Yeah, it's to be expected considering the developers.
I'm still mad though that IGN reported on this with a clickbait title, which was literally, "Meet the New Banjo and Kazooie". Oh well, IGN gon' IGN.

T1T0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
12321a
I can't believe I just thought of this but imagine this.....Robo-Ness Alt

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, Tanya's MKX design got changed. She has darker skin again and blank eyes.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Splatoon is right around the corner:drsad:
Still on the fence
Dunno if I should drop 60$ for it

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm playing Villager a lot more lately.

Definitely thinking of promoting him to one of my secondaries.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The thread title reminded me of the one time I used Mewtwo on For Fun on the 3DS. I used confusion on a Villager's tree to KO him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Game Theory actually taught me something my physics teacher is going to teach atm (terminal velocity).
Thanks MatPat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom