• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
That SNES Mario Kart 8 video a while back got me thinking...

How would more complex courses (Twisted Mansion, Ice Ice Outpost, Water Park) work? Would the Super FX chip be utilized in any way?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
If I were a 49 year old truck driver in Tuscaloosa Alabama, Bayonetta 2 would be the perfect game for me.

But no, I am a college student about to transfer out of state. I could care less about that rubbish.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
If I were a 49 year old truck driver in Tuscaloosa Alabama, Bayonetta 2 would be the perfect game for me.

But no, I am a college student about to transfer out of state. I could care less about that rubbish.
You're calling Bayonetta 2 rubbish?

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
no it`s not a remix, if you would have saw my previous post, this is an extended version took from another video where the guy tilted the cartbridge causing the game to crash, but also playback the music in a corrupted manner.

So, the sounds you hear is really done by an n64 :)

The fact that it's both awfull to hear AND catchy makes this o funny :)
I know. I just said it sounds like it.
Also, my grades come out today. *gulp*

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Splatoon Direct. Cool.

Although at this stage, I think we pretty much know everything about the game. I just want to hear new tracks!

Also, inb4 amiibo outfits/weapons.

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
All this talk about Bayonnetta I've bought the game but only played through about half of this first one.

Nothing particularly wrong with it but not my cup of tea. A bit too much fan service if I had to make a criticism. But that never really bothered me if the focus was story and gameplay, which it kinda is. Kinda.

I never really liked spectacle fighters.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Wow, these next two weeks are gonna be driving me crazy! Once I get back home, I'm gonna be all like...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
As cool as the PS4 looks, there's absolutely zero game exclusives it has to persuade me to buy it.

There's more interesting games to me on the PSVita (which I don't have either.) Guess this saves me money, I guess.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
As cool as the PS4 looks, there's absolutely zero game exclusives it has to persuade me to buy it.

There's more interesting games to me on the PSVita (which I don't have either.) Guess this saves me money, I guess.
Didnt knew they ported Bloodborne to Vita

But srsly have fun with that.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Switching between Spear and Exalted Falchion. Falchion's got more power plus exalted mode, while Spear has much longer reach.
A move that lights the Exalted Falchion that activates an "Exalted Mode" wherein longer combo strings would heal Chrom as his juggling continues.
Higher jumps than many other characters due to his in-game attack animations.
A shield bash dash attack with the Fire Emblem.
Throw in some shoulder charges since Chrom is known to be reckless in training.
Spear/Javelin Toss Side Special. Controllable arc.
Showcases the weapon triangle by juggling two of the three weapon types.
Have some moves be imbued with Naga's holy fire, as she blessed the Exalted Falchion.

There were lots of things that could make Chrom stand out. Hell, just going for his Great Lord promotion instead of unpromoted Lord would have opened so many windows.
Sounds alright, but the combo thing wouldn't really work since combos are like four hits at most. He doesn't seem like a good candidate for a stance-change character though, since he's not really known for it. Unlike Shulk and his arts (which work differently but have the same principals) and Megaman and his shooting. And unless he awkwardly swings his sword and spear the same way he's going to run into the same problem transformation characters ran into.

Edit: Uh, didn't realize I was in the social... Might as well leave it with how slow things have been. :p

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Splatoon Direct?! I assume it'll be entirely in sign language given the lack of voice chat in the game :troll:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
WAIT BB IS ON VITA??????? TRUTH? I'VE HAD THE VITA FOR PERSONA 4 AND NOW IT HAS A USE AND I DON'T HAVE TO BUY A PS4???? Please be real...

Edit: I see. :( :( :( :(
Experience the PS4 classic at stunning 10 frames per second! Now, every level is Blighttown! Trully the definitive Souls experiance... (as you already figured out, I was joking :p)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

I feel you. Only PS4 game I'm interested in is Bloodborne, while Vita has Dangan Ronpa, Persona 4, Virtue's Last Reward.
Now if I could only spare the money to buy one...

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Meh. Not too interested in Splatoon, but I hope everyone who wants Splatoon manages to pick up the game and enjoy it.

That doesn't mean I won't pick up Splatoon myself at some point, but for now I'm not too interested. I'm fine with my combo of MK8 + Smash Wii U.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

There is only one thing that will end up making me get it

and that would be another Crash Bandicoot game. I may end up skipping PS4 and get some other PS3 games when I have the money

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So, I tested Mewtwo for quite a bit now. He's fun and all, and I want to main him, the only problem is...he's one of the biggest combo food for any character like Fox. He just get bodied by them. Just right now, my Mewtwo was literally rekt by the basic "One-Two" jab combo of Fox. Since I couldn't get out of it because...Mewtwo is too slow to make a move, Fox kept destroying me. But then I used Mac and it was super easy.

Mewtwo used his stand, Little Mac, to won the fight against Fox McCloud. Kinda ironic.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So, I tested Mewtwo for quite a bit now. He's fun and all, and I want to main him, the only problem is...he's one of the biggest combo food for any character like Fox. He just get bodied by them. Just right now, my Mewtwo was literally rekt by the basic "One-Two" jab combo of Fox. Since I couldn't get out of it because...Mewtwo is too slow to make a move, Fox kept destroying me. But then I used Mac and it was super easy.

Mewtwo used his stand, Little Mac, to won the fight against Fox McCloud. Kinda ironic.
:4littlemac: does resemble a Jojo character so it works.
Well at least there's now a bit more lizard representation in the industry.
But what about the Space Cowboys! :glare:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Is it wrong when people complain about "[insert race/ethnicity] needs more representation", I automatically think of Smash reps?

I swear speculation has altered my thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom