• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Don't forget an Asian supporting cast and choosing a CLEARLY NON-ASIAN actor for the main role.
They really didn't know what they were doing, did they?

Thought that, just by having the same name, it would be the same thing. What a joke.

Now, I don't say that any film adaptation of a manga/anime series is necessarily bad, but they often are done by people who have no clue about the series nor care about them.

Sadly this is the case. Executives hear of a popular series and believe that people will flock too the theater just for the recognizable name.
In other words: they don't give a **** about artistic value. It's all about having a cheap cash-grab.

Ironically, they likely could profit better if they bothered in doing good adaptations as they would be better received and more people would watch those movies.

In other words, more stupidity.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
It's not even just Japanese stuff. When you try to adapt something from a different culture, and put your own spin on it, it's bound to offend somebody.

Look at Japanese Spider-Man... that looks.... terrible.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
You guys are gon' get banned for sharing **** :troll:
You mean they didn't check 3.0? :4wario:
In other words: they don't give a **** about artistic value. It's all about having a cheap cash-grab.

Ironically, they likely could profit better if they bothered in doing good adaptations as they would be better received and more people would watch those movies.

In other words, more stupidity.
It's like shovelware, movie tie-in games:
Exec: "Devs! I want you to make a Toy Story 3 game within 3 months! Slap Woody and Buzz on the cover and make sure we make big BUCK BUCK BAWKS!"

And the consumer ends up with a halfassed game.

Hooray greed. :glare:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero

Exec: "Devs! I want you to make a Toy Story 3 game within 3 months! Slap Woody and Buzz on the cover and make sure we make big BUCK BUCK BAWKS!"

We do get the rare exception of movie tie-in games that are quality, or stand out in some way.

And unless I'm wrong, your example was one of those good movie tie-in games.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

Toy Story 2 for the Playstation was the **** though.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
B but guys

What about Five Nights at ****boy's?

That is an actual FNAF fan game and it's an RPG with crass humor instead of a horror based game

And it's quite funny. Can't post any examples though cause there's a lot of swearing and suggestive jokes
Don't forget an Asian supporting cast and choosing a CLEARLY NON-ASIAN actor for the main role.
Last time I checked Goku isn't Asian... he's a Saiyan.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

This is why all license tie-ins, even game ones, need WayForward. Look at Wendy: Every Witch Way, Contra 4, or DuckTales Remastered!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
>sees DB: Evolution and Shaylaman's Last Airbender

SHHHHH. WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THOSE.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Actually, I found it to be one of the best depictions of Spider-Man. He gets a freakin' mech for Christ's sake! It's brilliant!
That's perfectly fine to like it, but from what I can tell it's not an accurate depiction of the character. The same goes for the Super Mario or Dragon Ball movie. Things don't have to be accurate for it to be good, like for all we know the new F4 movie could be very good even though it's inaccurate.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Why is everyone getting offed because of Dragon Ball Evolution?...
I mean, really.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
@ praline praline if I may ask, why'd you quote my post? You didn't reply to what i said and I wasn't keeping too much track of the current conversation. Save for THOSE TWO MOVIES.

On a side note. I'm feeling depressed again for different and I guess indescribable reasons. Like I dunno. I have reasons to be happy. I have a job, I deleted stuff from my former friend. I've been running into and contacting old familiar faces who are happy to see me again. And yet. There's just something. Like bitterness of stewing in the bad events of the past few years, or seeing how I have intrusive disgusting thoughts, or how very stupid I was from my child-late teen years. I'll describe it better later.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ Substitution Substitution : Hush now. That's over and done with, and no one's really dead.

How's everyone doin' with :4mewtwo: publicly available? I'm planning on snagging 'em after I do my Government final.

@ Knuckles the Knuckles Knuckles the Knuckles :
U’LL JUST HAFTA GET HYYYYYYYPE

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
DRAGON BALL SUPER

THE NEW DRAGON BALL SERIES ANNOUNCED

DIRECTED BY TORIYAMA

DISREGARDS GT

WHY AM I EVEN SO EXCITED AAAAAAAAAAARGH
247.gif

I actually found DBZ pretty lame after watching (and reading) Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Yeah, it made a big impact, but I still found it really inferior compared to Jojo.
Opinions brother.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ Luggy Luggy : Well, both could just be inferior to Nichijou and be done with it.

I just realized: Shame that series isn't publicly available anymore. I remember it on Crunchyroll - just like it was yesterday...

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
View attachment 49349
I actually found DBZ pretty lame after watching (and reading) Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
Yeah, it made a big impact, but I still found it really inferior compared to Jojo.
Opinions brother.
I mean I really like both, but Im more nostalgic towards DBZ. JoJo has better writing, but I can find enjoyment in different shonens for different reasons, heck, I still remember the good moments of Naruto fondly.

Both are casul scum when compared to Hokuto no Ken tho.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I mean I really like both, but Im more nostalgic towards DBZ. JoJo has better writing, but I can find enjoyment in different shonens for different reasons, heck, I still remember the good moments of Naruto fondly.

Both are casul scum when compared to Hokuto no Ken tho.
I like Hokuto no Ken. Not like Jojo, but it's still really nice.
However, I found that DBZ is not really great. And for me, the simple fact that it's still not over makes me think that DBZ could have been better. Way better.

One of these days I need to watch Nichijou and see what all the hubbub is about.
Nichijou is not really for everyone. If you like slapstick and really random humor, then it's for you.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225

Both are casul scum when compared to Pokémon Origins tho.
Fixed because, honestly, you've gotta see Pokémon Origins. If you already did, see it again - so damn accurate to Red & Blue, it isn't funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom