• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
DRAGON BALL SUPER

THE NEW DRAGON BALL SERIES ANNOUNCED

DIRECTED BY TORIYAMA

DISREGARDS GT

WHY AM I EVEN SO EXCITED AAAAAAAAAAARGH
Will be interesting to see how it goes. Reminds me of the break Urusei Yatsura took in regards to it's anime series, as the OVAs are some of the best episodes of the series.

Given Toriyama is over seeing this is a good sign given the last two movies. More of Birus and Whis can only be a good thing IMO, though the opposite can be said for Pan...

Between this, Digimon Adventure Tri, and I guess technically Sailor Moon Crystal, 2015 might as well be all about re-living our childhoods in the late 1990s...nowifonlyPokemonwouldgetareboot...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today was an interesting day at work. Early in my shift I decided to go have a bathroom break. I noticed there was a line, so I asked the person last in line (he was African American, fyi) if he was in line then I left.

Apparently that person didn't catch what I said because a few minutes later he started screaming at me and my boss as if I treated him like an untrustable thief.

Definitely an eye opener.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
You guys and these newfangled games!

I dont follow the bazilion games you guys do.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Haiku boards still happening? Why don't we take a three hour tour and forget about the haiku's for a bit?

In before weather gets rough and we end up on desert isle.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
Y'all may have heard about this already, but FNAF 4 was announced. For fans of FNAF, good news for you guys, but I'm not really interested. Also, wasn't FNAF 1 released like what, less than a year ago and we're on the 4th one now?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I played Azure Striker Gunvolt, another "Megaman" successor. It felt very lacking.
It's more of a score based game then simply getting through the stages. Getting those S+ ranks basically requires perfection, although I'd say overall S is a reasonable goal if you're familiar with Megaman level difficultly.

From the looks of things, Mighty No. 9 will be score based again.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Y'all may have heard about this already, but FNAF 4 was announced. For fans of FNAF, good news for you guys, but I'm not really interested. Also, wasn't FNAF 1 released like what, less than a year ago and we're on the 4th one now?
Shh. Multi-person-face Fazbear will prove himself worthy. :4villager:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Fun Fact: 99% of FNAF fan people I run into are annoying.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
August 2014 was the release of the first FNAF.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
After FNAF 2 i was completely done with scott either he makes a different horror game or make entirely new game completely

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Fun Fact: 99% of FNAF fan people I run into are annoying.
Am I one of the 1% that aren't annoying?
But yes, the fandom is insufferable. It's full of 10 year old kids who are too cowardly to play other horror games so they treat it as the best horror game out there and think they're hot **** because they beat it.
Not to mention arguments about it. Both sides are usually equally ******** and it while it starts as a discussion of the game they devolve into racial slur and mom offending exchanges.
(ayy lmao it took me about 5 seconds to notice I was listening to a FNAF song while typing this.)

NEW DRAWING!! Courtesy of yours truly. :4yoshi:
image.jpg
Please don't be upside down.
I'm pretty rusty. :(

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's more of a score based game then simply getting through the stages. Getting those S+ ranks basically requires perfection, although I'd say overall S is a reasonable goal if you're familiar with Megaman level difficultly.

From the looks of things, Mighty No. 9 will be score based again.
Despite the score-based setup, there was very little variety in abilities and game mechanics. That special ability where he creates an electromagnetic field... I think I've held down on that 100% of my time in the game. It's used for everything, in both taking out enemies fast and solving all the puzzles. And there isn't any input or techniques incorporated that could give the ability variety in use. It's a hold-down-to-win mechanic.

The level design itself is pretty basic and unmemorable, despite their attempts at making them feel interesting. I think the only one I liked was the Garden level. The enemies just felt like speed bumps then actual threats.

The boss battles were fun, at least, which is very Mega Man-esque, and were the only challenge compared to the level you have to run through to reach 'em. My favorite battle concept was the Haunted Warehouse boss(es), where you fought two characters, but had to beat them both at the same time as they would keep resurrecting their partner should they die.

Overall though, it's not something to sing about, IMO.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
A storm is raging outside and power is out. Another reason why I hate summers.

:231:
We're around the corner of being in the 90-degree range already here, and that's Cali for you. I can't wait to see how many bugs and spiders stupid evil Summer gives us, and makes us suffer by not getting any rain. :(

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Well, he can just use his FnaF money instead.
Maybe after he finishes FNaF 4. Who knows?
I mean, the guy literally went to a stream and dropped $250,000 for a donation to St. Judes. He has quite a ton of money.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Five Nights at Feddy's Episode 2 chapter 1 section 24 paragraph 8: a new beginning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom