• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Despite the score-based setup, there was very little variety in abilities and game mechanics. That special ability where he creates an electromagnetic field... I think I've held down on that 100% of my time in the game. It's used for everything, in both taking out enemies fast and solving all the puzzles. And there isn't any input or techniques incorporated that could give the ability variety in use. It's a hold-down-to-win mechanic.

The level design itself is pretty basic and unmemorable, despite their attempts at making them feel interesting. I think the only one I liked was the Garden level. The enemies just felt like speed bumps then actual threats.

The boss battles were fun, at least, which is very Mega Man-esque, and were the only challenge compared to the level you have to run through to reach 'em. My favorite battle concept was the Haunted Warehouse boss(es), where you fought two characters, but had to beat them both at the same time as they would keep resurrecting their partner should they die.

Overall though, it's not something to sing about, IMO.
The puzzles aren't supposed to be hard, you're supposed to figure out how to clear them fast and not get hit. Because everything is tied to the Flashfield, you can't just spam it without penalty. You absolutely need doubles and triples for S+, so you have to learn how to handle situations where you need to interact with a gimmick or protect yourself without killing the enemies early or you miss out on a ton of points. It's not mindless like MMZ's scoring system was either.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
It's funny, while I was remaking my storyboards for Nichijou : Ordinary Attorney, I thought of a dumb concept for a little gag in Nichijou.
Imagine if the Hakase puts a stand-like machine in the back of Nano that activates whenever she's going to make a mistake, or when her or someone else is in danger. Like, for example, if Nano is going to fall, the stand appears from her back and saves her. Or she's going to put white clothes in a pile of colored ones in the washing machine and the stand appears just to correct the mistake. It would be fun.

I'm watching Jojo a little too much, am I ?
I'm also imaginating Yuuko doing this :
Happy, joy-py, nice to meetcha-py !

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Whatever a fanbase is like, it shouldn't be drawn towards the object of the fanbase itself. FnaF attracts some weirdos, agreed, but to denounce the game completely because of these people is a bit extreme. It's just a video game, different people feel and act differently based on it, and there is no representative for it. The game will always remain what it is, despite how the fanbase acts.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
FNAF has a rather interesting lore behind it.
I'll say this again: Compared to the "robots want to kill you, don't let them." story the game appeared to have at first, the story is pretty good. Specially for something explained in a very obscure manner.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
And every fanbase has its weirdos. Yes, some more than others.

Oh my, it's Wave Kusanagi!

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Whatever a fanbase is like, it shouldn't be drawn towards the object of the fanbase itself. FnaF attracts some weirdos, agreed, but to denounce the game completely because of these people is a bit extreme. It's just a video game, different people feel and act differently based on it, and there is no representative for it. The game will always remain what it is, despite how the fanbase acts.
*cough* *cough* MLP *cough*
For me the fanbase representative is the "I like this show/game, so I will watch/play it and talk about it in an educated manner and encourage healthy discussion".

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'll say this again: Compared to the "robots want to kill you, don't let them." story the game appeared to have at first, the story is pretty good. Specially for something explained in a very obscure manner.
I think adding ghosts in it killed my interrest of the story for me. It could have been so much more than "Oh yeah, it's a horrible Purple wearing Man who kills children, with those children turning into ghosts that wants revenge on everyone.". I would have loved the story being more realistic. In fact, I tried to re-work the story in this way, and it works fine. Having the Purple Man ***king with you by using animatronics while he can still kill children would have solved a lot of problems, while still giving you some scares. And his end would still be the same : he dies by going crazy, before having hallucinations and dying for it.
But I guess ghosts are more interresting for the kiddies.:092:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I think adding ghosts in it killed my interrest of the story for me. It could have been so much more than "Oh yeah, it's a horrible Purple wearing Man who kills children, with those children turning into ghosts that wants revenge on everyone.". I would have loved the story being more realistic. In fact, I tried to re-work the story in this way, and it works fine. Having the Purple Man ***king with you by using animatronics while he can still kill children would have solved a lot of problems, while still giving you some scares. And his end would still be the same : he dies by going crazy, before having hallucinations and dying for it.
But I guess ghosts are more interresting for the kiddies.:092:
Expecting realism from a game where a restaurant in 1987 had animatronics with free roaming, facial recognition software and a small degree of sentience is kinda impossible.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
We're around the corner of being in the 90-degree range already here, and that's Cali for you. I can't wait to see how many bugs and spiders stupid evil Summer gives us, and makes us suffer by not getting any rain. :(
Yeah, I've been down to California a lot in my life. Last time I was there it was in November though.

At least Sweet Home Minnesota never gets into triple digits. That's something I gotta be ready for when I move down to Texas for my third year in college. Maybe even sooner since I might be going down to LA sometime this summer.

How do you guys in Cali even cope with triple digit weather on a daily basis anyway? I'd be completely melted by the end of the third day and have to go back to Minnesota in a bottle.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Expecting realism from a game where a restaurant in 1987 had animatronics with free roaming, facial recognition software and a small degree of sentience is kinda impossible.
Realism does not mean "being a 100% accurate to the real world". So, adding free roaming and facial recognition software in 1987 can still be considered as "realist", since you can still find a logical and not surnatural way to put it and make it work. Sentience however...I don't really think you see that in the second game. The new animatronics are just glitching, or have been hacked by someone (Purple Man or some stuff), while the old ones are just too old to work properly.

Golden Skooks is just an hallucination where the idiot who guard the place has a heart attack after seeing a head floating towards him.

Spooky.:092:

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
The hottest it has ever been in my city was 42ºC (107,6°F).
How hot is it in Cali?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There's Forgotten Spore.

I remember when I inputted console commands that provided me access with all the superweapons.

Needless to say, I am a war criminal. :p
It's been less than a year since they posted those videos, and there site is already gone

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Realism does not mean "being a 100% accurate to the real world". So, adding free roaming and facial recognition software in 1987 can still be considered as "realist", since you can still find a logical and not surnatural way to put it and make it work. Sentience however...I don't really think you see that in the second game. The new animatronics are just glitching, or have been hacked by someone (Purple Man or some stuff), while the old ones are just too old to work properly.

Golden Skooks is just an hallucination where the idiot who guard the place has a heart attack after seeing a head floating towards him.

Spooky.:092:
They are implied to have sentience, possibly due to the spirits. Even if they were (and are) glitching there would be no reason for them to always look at the cameras or entering vents.

Golden Ready is just haunted as ****, seeing how you can tamper with him in night 7, which means he does exist physically . In the first one, I'm not so sure. But it seems to be real for me.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yeah, I've been down to California a lot in my life. Last time I was there it was in November though.

At least Sweet Home Minnesota never gets into triple digits. That's something I gotta be ready for when I move down to Texas for my third year in college. Maybe even sooner since I might be going down to LA sometime this summer.

How do you guys in Cali even cope with triple digit weather on a daily basis anyway? I'd be completely melted by the end of the third day and have to go back to Minnesota in a bottle.
That's a mystery on how we survive the 3-digit temperatures. I'm probably used to it from my room being hot all the time despite having a fan on. Even then I still hate the heat, and the bugs that appear. And we gotta watch out for black widow spiders that may appear, which is also an evil thing. Surprisingly very few to no wasp sightings lately.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I went Etika mode when I saw the news of Dragon Ball Super to the point my mom told me to shut up lol

So, what else I missed?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The thread title inspired me to make a Facebook status with a haiku about me not being great at haikus. Then almost all the comments after were between a friend and I coming up with Smash related haikus about our mains.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
40°F: Mostly cold
40°C: Really hot
40K : Colder than Pluto

ayyy lmao

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom