• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I am one of these weird guys that I wish for dragon ball series death...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So xenoblade chronicles x released today,gonna check the salt from the "true xenoblade fans".:troll:
Implying there wasn't any salt as soon as people started to note the game would be completely different.

And don't forget about the uproar about the soundtrack.

I, for one, am looking forward to the game.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Implying there wasn't any salt as soon as people started to note the game would be completely different.

And don't forget about the uproar about the soundtrack.

I, for one, am looking forward to the game.
Xenoblade X MAKES MY *Censored* ROCK HARD! I'm not exactly an RPG guy, but that game truly interests me and I definitely wanna try it out when it comes out in my super secret lair's location.

EDIT: Lol500thpost.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So xenoblade chronicles x released today,gonna check the salt from the "true xenoblade fans".:troll:
Yeah, I highly doubt that Xenoblade X will be a big flop. Look at how Zelda: Wind Waker turned out. Nintendo knows how to make great games while changing the game mechanics from its predecessor.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Xenoblade X MAKES MY *Censored* ROCK HARD! I'm not exactly an RPG guy, but that game truly interests me and I definitely wanna try it out when it comes out in my super secret lair's location.

EDIT: Lol500thpost.
I like RPGs and story-oriented games, so I figure I ought to like the game by default.

Plus, the soundtrack is fantastic. Might be my bias for anything Hiroyuki Sawano composes, as I've become a fan of his work after watching Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist and, more recently, Aldnoah.Zero.

In turn, Aldnoah.Zero made me appreciate the mecha genre since it was the first anime of the genre I've watched. Xenoblade X does draw a lot from the genre as well, so it is another thing I'm looking forward to.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I'd be interested in Xenoblade Chronicles X...If I finished Xenoblade on Wii first :p still at the very beginning...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
XCX and Xenoblade Chronicles aren't related. So you're good.
In typical JRPG fashion, the sequel has a completely different setting and character cast while only maintaining a few common elements such as gameplay or recurring themes.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
>Read YouTube comments
>This quote comes to mind: "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." — Albert Einstein

Yeah.

Why is the YouTube comment section so cancerous at times? Better yet, why are people so stupid?

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
>Read YouTube comments
>This quote comes to mind: "Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe." — Albert Einstein

Yeah.

Why is the YouTube comment section so cancerous at times? Better yet, why are people so stupid?
It is a matter of perception and anonymity. Most people only perceive their small world and in that their concerns are chief. The fact they remain anonymous allows them to say things they would never want attributed to their own name.

We here among the boards are a dignified group, using handles that we recognize and give reputation to, and never would people resort to an alternate account.

But in all honesty the relatively small community compared to YouTube makes it easy for someone's character to be well known. This makes it much harder to be an ass to people and get away with it. This place is great! :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
YouTube is the easiest platform for stupid people to voice their opinions
lol
Pretty much.

Also, I knew the Xenoblade X soundtrack would be divisive.

Hiroyuki Sawano has a very different style than ACE+ or Yoko Shimomura have.

In the Iwata Asks interview for the game, Tetsuya Takahashi stated he's actually is a fan of Sawano's music and wanted a composer who would bring something different from the usual style of video game music, so he went ahead and hired Sawano.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm trying to stay away from every stream that is featuring that game
I want to be genuinely surprised and in awe when I play it

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
XCX and Xenoblade Chronicles aren't related. So you're good.
I know, but they're both Xenoblade games..my obsessive-compulsiveness can't handle playing the later game first. Also, I'm pretty sure the XCX has some stuff from XC such as the heropons, so it'd be nice to have some background.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
why are people so stupid?
I only assume that stupid people abide with other stupid people to create a collective cult of below-average people. Therefore, they have no smarter/wiser/experienced people around to teach them about life morals.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So they've announced who will be helming the "American Adaption" of Death Note: a director known as Adam Wingard.

Looking at his IMDB page, I have no idea who this guy is nor if his films are any good. So my expectations are low.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I'm asking myself one question

Why the hell is Gengar not in Smash?
Because then Smogon couldn't ban Gengarite. And that'd be terrible.

So they've announced who will be helming the "American Adaption" of Death Note: a director known as Adam Wingard.

Looking at his IMDB page, I have no idea who this guy is nor if his films are any good. So my expectations are low.
Oh. That's nice.
Because they worked so well all the other times we tried. Who knows? Maybe we can get the Red Hot Chili Peppers in on the action this time around.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Who? And an American adaptation of a manga series?

Huge flop incoming.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I looked up the guy, and by looks of it the majority of his titles have been mediocre at best. At least, if the ratings are anything to go by.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
It's rather simple.

They try to adapt a Japanese series without understanding it and/or Japanese culture first.

The result? Huge flop.
Don't forget an Asian supporting cast and choosing a CLEARLY NON-ASIAN actor for the main role.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
the same reason this exists

*shudders
Delete that piece of horse**** immeditely! Those images are not welcomed here!
It's rather simple.

They try to adapt a Japanese series without understanding it and/or Japanese culture first.

The result? Huge flop.
Sadly this is the case. Executives hear of a popular series and believe that people will flock too the theater just for the recognizable name.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know who could really help us out here?
@ Luggy Luggy
An actual frenchman
Late response, but we don't call "Sping Break" just Spring Break. We generally call it "Vacances de Pâque", it's literally "Easter Holidays". Or we just don't call it, it's just holidays.

Anyway...

Kojima is a troll until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom